Sponsored by:

Kendal Run 2

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2000, 10:51 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
WE are working out the next Kendal Run. Unfortunately it doesn’t go anywhere near Kendal (need a new name for this event so start thinking). Starting point will be Carlisle. And we will be taking in the sights of Kielder and sunny Alston . The will be a stop at pub for lunch then a finish at Carlisle again (just to get you southern lot back to the M6 so you don’t get lost…ha ha ).

The route will be about 100 miles and has every type of road you could want from tight and twisty to long sweeping open corners. Those of you with 2 pot brakes beware since I had brake fade on my 4 pots round this route. And before I get cries of nutter I wasn’t pushing the car that much just having fun.

Now for the boring bit……..The format will be the same as before. Quick blast followed by a slow down period to let the group stay together. We will be observing 30mph zones, but not going to mention other zones for obvious reasons but no insane speeds. Oh and a note for the person following me. WHEN I HIT THE HAZZARD LIGHTS IT IS TO TELL YOU TO SLOW DOWN FOR A REASON. Forgot to mention this the last time we were out. Luckily Andrew realised (cheers mate) as we came upon a humpbacked bridge at speed .

Now all I need is a date that you can make. I was thinking of the weekend 11/12th November since I’m not on call. Either post here or e-mail me and I’ll do the democratic thing and choose the date I want .

See ya soon

DaveW

PS: This is open to anyone. Cumbrian Scooby Drivers do not discriminate against those less fortunate people who for reasons known or unknown do not own a Scooby. But the organisers reserve the right to exclude anyone for any reason they can think of at the time.

PPS: I wrote this under the influence of alcohol so if any of the above does not make sense then I’M SORRY OK.

PS Sorry Dave Had to do some Editing!!..
Old 02 November 2000, 10:52 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contact number for details are as follows:-07931750954
alim@breedtech.com