Sponsored by:

Police service.

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2006, 11:56 AM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police service.

A few days ago when leaving work I walked up to my car(modified but legal) to find two Traffic cops looking it over, upon my arrival they entered into conversation about the car turns out they were just interested and wanted a look. I thought nothing of this at the time as I get lots of looks from people and they were not any different. Spoke to them like human beings and they also, nothing special though.
To the point of my thread(at last), this morning I was a little late and parked in a tight space(maybe 6" into yellow lines at the back.) The same cops came into my shop about 2hrs later to tell me that there was now enough space to move forward a little and the traffic wardens were coming if I wanted to move it I would avoid a possible parking ticket, I went and moved it with moments to spare. Thats what I call a POLICE SERVICE, I know there are good and bad but on this forum the bad all seem to be posted. I know where there are at least two good uns.Thanks

Last edited by WHEELSHOP0_0; 21 September 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 21 September 2006, 12:16 PM
Heard it all before
Scooby Regular

good to hear
Old 21 September 2006, 12:16 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Sound like a couple of good old fashioned Bobbys, well done for posting a good news Police story!
Old 21 September 2006, 12:30 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

were they of the older generation perhaps, like 40 +?
Old 21 September 2006, 12:33 PM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

Thats nice to hear.

I just wish the police i have come into contact with over the years had a similar mentality.

Glad to hear there are at least 2 good 'uns out there. Keep up the good work lads

Dan
Old 21 September 2006, 12:35 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

few and far between, av personally not met any yet, so it would appear they are on the verge of exctinction
Old 21 September 2006, 12:36 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear!
Old 21 September 2006, 12:39 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People will only remember the bad things that police do.They could do a million good things but 1 bad incident and everybody gets on their case, i believe in one thread on here they were called 'social misfits'.
Old 21 September 2006, 12:40 PM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
were they of the older generation perhaps, like 40 +?
One 25ish,one very old like me 40ish.
Old 21 September 2006, 12:48 PM
555Rob555
Scooby Regular

There are loads of good ones out there. My cousins husband is a copper, and he sends out warnings if mobile cameras are going out.

On the flip side, my uncle tried to get my old man done (his own brother!) when he didn't have tax on his old BSA A10! It was packed in the back garden at the time.

We don't talk to him much
Old 21 September 2006, 12:48 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

that doesnt suprise me of the older one, but it does of the younger one.

They all seem like they have something to prove, walking around, being really aggresive, usualy a skinhead haircut which i think should be a totoal no no when oficers are dealing with the public, unless for obvious reasons, like they are naturally bald lol

but then again, maybe the youngster was following by example of the older copper. With personal dealing with them, they seem to be in general, more relaxed about things
Old 21 September 2006, 10:10 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

[quote=EVOLUTION] walking around, being really aggresive, usualy a skinhead haircut which i think should be a totoal no no when oficers are dealing with the public, unless for obvious reasons, like they are naturally bald lol

pc. "morning sarg"
sg. "morning sarg? what the f***! your hair is too short, get it grown or you
will be charged a weeks wages"
pc. "but its 90 deg c outside"
sg "i dont give a sh*t, you may upset the crims"

Old 21 September 2006, 10:15 PM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
People will only remember the bad things that police do.They could do a million good things but 1 bad incident and everybody gets on their case, i believe in one thread on here they were called 'social misfits'.
You shagga da one sheep..........
Old 22 September 2006, 09:11 AM
vessy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stainy
You shagga da one sheep..........
PMSL
Old 22 September 2006, 09:31 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
that doesnt suprise me of the older one, but it does of the younger one.

They all seem like they have something to prove, walking around, being really aggresive, usualy a skinhead haircut which i think should be a totoal no no when oficers are dealing with the public, unless for obvious reasons, like they are naturally bald lol

but then again, maybe the youngster was following by example of the older copper. With personal dealing with them, they seem to be in general, more relaxed about things
Do you mean that the older one might remember the time when they were not taunted by feral kids and people respected them because they had the resources and community foloowing to actually nick 'granny beaters' and put them away without worrying about political correctness?

I can't see anyone wanting to be a copper, if you nick a criminal the lawyers will only set him free to go one stage further next time.

In all the times I have been pulled up while in the car, or outside of a club when I was younger, I have never met a facist copper. But then I never hurled abuse, argued with, or spat at them, which must help??
Old 23 September 2006, 08:21 PM
tait33
Scooby Newbie

SOUNDS LIKE THESE TWO BOBBIES ARE GONNA BUGGER YOU HARD, THEY ARE JUST PREPPING YOU FOR FOR A GOOD OLD F UCKERING
Old 23 September 2006, 11:28 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tait33
SOUNDS LIKE THESE TWO BOBBIES ARE GONNA BUGGER YOU HARD, THEY ARE JUST PREPPING YOU FOR FOR A GOOD OLD F UCKERING

sigh always some muppet who wants to get known here..
Old 23 September 2006, 11:57 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Afraid my respect for the police took a knock a while back when I got stopped for speeding, not only did the officer put moderate(choice of light moderate and heavy) traffic down in her statement(this was at 9:30 at night! think I only sore one other car) and get the distance I was supposedly speeding for WRONG but the date the statement was made was 7 days after the event! wouldn't have minded but it cost me £300 and 6 points.

Before I get flamed yes I was speeding(accelerated up to 50 apparently for about ten seconds then back down to BELOW 30 as it was a built up area) and admitted such, but it was on an empty twin lane bridge over the cam in clear dry and well lit conditions(unlike some of the conditions I've seen twts speeding through traffic in).
Thing that annoys me most is I may as well not stopped and sped through the built up area then told officer to F off whilst smoking a joint in her face, probably would have come away with the same fine and points ....to think I even went to court and showed the old git magistrate far more respect than he probably deserved.

Sorry turned into a bit of a rant ......feel better for it though.