Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bargain newage STI brake pads?

Too good(or crap) to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Front-Brak...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 20 September 2006, 09:14 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

More famous for racing clothing and accessories than performance parts. Spend the extra and get some Ferodo, Pagid or Mintex.
Old 21 September 2006, 09:45 AM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Has anyone actually got a set of these OMP Pads fitted ??

I know you pay for what you get but it would be interesting to get some feed back.

Anyone know who "actually" makes them for OMP ??
Old 21 September 2006, 07:34 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

As I need to change my front pads I'm gonna get some, For that money it's worth a try for a few thousand miles! Until they are treid nobody knows!
Old 27 December 2006, 11:22 AM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Any feedback on these yet??
Old 27 December 2006, 12:07 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

What do usual ones cost?
Old 27 December 2006, 12:31 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Yes I have some OMPs fitted. They feel like the oem Subaru ones and seem to work just as well. I previously had Pagid (421 black?) which felt great but put a lot of dust on my wheels and didn't last very long.

As long as you are not doing trackdays they should be fine.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:49 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryCat
Yes I have some OMPs fitted. They feel like the oem Subaru ones and seem to work just as well. I previously had Pagid (421 black?) which felt great but put a lot of dust on my wheels and didn't last very long.

As long as you are not doing trackdays they should be fine.
Do you have 4-pot brembos?
Old 27 December 2006, 09:25 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a set on the front of my wagon (4 pots). No problems at all. And contraty to what's said above, IMHO well known for very good value, good quality race/rally parts than clothes and whatnot. They make all sorts: approved roll cages, group N exhausts, braces, brake discs and pads, race/rally accessories like window nets/maplights/tie-downs/spare wheel cages etc. Never known them to sell anything but purely functional parts unlike some so-called Japanese 'tuning' companies.

Unless you're taking your Scoob on track a lot, it's crazy to spend £150+ on fancy pads, although if you believed everything you hear on Scoobynet you'd think no-one on here thought anything of spending £1500 on suspension, £200 on brake pads and no doubt £30 on special silicone wiper blades.

So to answer your question, yes I run OMP 'Road & Track' pads which are supposedly consistent from 100-600 degrees C, I do a lot of heavy braking, and they've always done their job with no fuss. First on a set of standard Subaru 294mm discs, now on a set of DBA slotted discs. And if there's something ever goes wrong with them, at least I'll only have blown £30.

Sorry that this is turning into a bit of a rant, but there are enough Subaru-only parts that I end up paying a fortune for to keep my 'reliable' Subaru on the road, without CHOOSING to pay a fortune for overkill brake pads. IMHO
Old 27 December 2006, 11:46 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leeroy
Do you have 4-pot brembos?
No I have the Subaru 4-pots (03 WRX) but I can't see the brembo version being very different.
Old 28 December 2006, 07:55 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silent running
I've got a set on the front of my wagon (4 pots). No problems at all. And contraty to what's said above, IMHO well known for very good value, good quality race/rally parts than clothes and whatnot. They make all sorts: approved roll cages, group N exhausts, braces, brake discs and pads, race/rally accessories like window nets/maplights/tie-downs/spare wheel cages etc. Never known them to sell anything but purely functional parts unlike some so-called Japanese 'tuning' companies.

Unless you're taking your Scoob on track a lot, it's crazy to spend £150+ on fancy pads, although if you believed everything you hear on Scoobynet you'd think no-one on here thought anything of spending £1500 on suspension, £200 on brake pads and no doubt £30 on special silicone wiper blades.

So to answer your question, yes I run OMP 'Road & Track' pads which are supposedly consistent from 100-600 degrees C, I do a lot of heavy braking, and they've always done their job with no fuss. First on a set of standard Subaru 294mm discs, now on a set of DBA slotted discs. And if there's something ever goes wrong with them, at least I'll only have blown £30.

Sorry that this is turning into a bit of a rant, but there are enough Subaru-only parts that I end up paying a fortune for to keep my 'reliable' Subaru on the road, without CHOOSING to pay a fortune for overkill brake pads. IMHO
Thanks for the reply and couldn't agree more m8 - especially about the people who think you 'need' to spend a fortune on suspension & brakes !
Old 28 December 2006, 08:04 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=silent running]So to answer your question, yes I run OMP 'Road & Track' pads which are supposedly consistent from 100-600 degrees C, I do a lot of heavy braking, and they've always done their job with no fuss.

Woossy !!