Sponsored by:

God I love the Police!

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2006, 12:22 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God I love the Police!

My friend drove into sainsbury's the other day in his completely standard unmodded scooby to get some money from the cash machine. As he drove in there, there was a "police man" walkin past and was lookin around the car while he was gettin his cash out.

When my mate got back to his car the "police man" told him that it made a lovely change to see an unmodded Scooby, as they were very rare these days and sounded fine as they were.

Just as my friend was about to drive off, a traffic cop pulls up and escourts him all the way home so he could listen to the nice exhaust note! Wot a nice chap!

So now my mates scooby is just as quiet as a Subaru Impreza!
Old 20 September 2006, 12:27 PM
SimonGawthorpe
Scooby Regular

LMAO, very good.

Si
Old 20 September 2006, 12:39 PM
octain
Scooby Regular

Old 20 September 2006, 12:40 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Old 20 September 2006, 12:41 PM
octain
Scooby Regular

You missed the bit where he helped him back to the car with his money so he didnt get robbed

mick
Old 20 September 2006, 12:42 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

yeah but your friend had just stollen that car and was on his way to a ramraid after stopping off to steal petrol

Simon
Old 20 September 2006, 12:51 PM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

surely the people in Sainburys were surprised to see an Impreza drive in, most people park in the car park!!. seriously tho great sentiment too many polis bashers(I am in Scotland).
Old 20 September 2006, 01:02 PM
WR1Nikki
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
My friend drove into sainsbury's the other day in his completely standard unmodded scooby to get some money from the cash machine. As he drove in there, there was a "police man" walkin past and was lookin around the car while he was gettin his cash out.

When my mate got back to his car the "police man" told him that it made a lovely change to see an unmodded Scooby, as they were very rare these days and sounded fine as they were.

Just as my friend was about to drive off, a traffic cop pulls up and escourts him all the way home so he could listen to the nice exhaust note! Wot a nice chap!

So now my mates scooby is just as quiet as a Subaru Impreza!

you wouldn't be sayin that if they had done it to you, i think the words grow up spring to mind!
Old 20 September 2006, 01:29 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

They wouldn't have done it to me because I have the standard exhaust on mine.

Every day on here people say, I got stopped by the Police for a noisy exhaust, or for tinted windows, or an altered number plate etc. If you don't want the attention, then just keep your car legal, simple as that. Also, just coz one policeman is a prat, don't label the whole force the same way.

Judging by other replies on here, your feelings represent the minority anyway.
Old 20 September 2006, 02:18 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

They wouldn't have done it to me because I have the standard exhaust on mine.

Every day on here people say, I got stopped by the Police for a noisy exhaust, or for tinted windows, or an altered number plate etc. If you don't want the attention, then just keep your car legal, simple as that. Also, just coz one policeman is a prat, don't label the whole force the same way.

Judging by other replies on here, your feelings represent the minority anyway.
Ok then....work your magic on this.

I was recently dragged out of work by 2 police officers. The reason????.....i had the same haircut as the e-fit of a murderer.

I was locked in a cell for 3 and a half hours with no explanation as to what was going on, had my dna taken, and was then released on bail.

For 8 weeks i was worrying as to what was going on. When i went back to the police station i was told "you are obviously in the clear, your dna didn't watch. Sorry we didn't ring you to tell you, but we have been a bit busy"

About 2 months later the killer was caught by the way.

Stick up for the police on this one then.........
Old 20 September 2006, 02:22 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

They have kept your DNA of course..... In a minute some chuff will state that if you havent done anything wrong then you dont have anything to fear. Maybe if the issues were highlighted onEastenders then the great unwashed would start to grasp them? Until then.....
Old 20 September 2006, 02:23 PM
classic scooby doo
Scooby Regular

Old 20 September 2006, 02:24 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

wey hey. paul being a **** once again, theres something new lol
Old 20 September 2006, 02:25 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

John, you can say **** you know. You can say fuck too; but that might really get you into trouble!

Old 20 September 2006, 02:26 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Ok then....work your magic on this.

I was recently dragged out of work by 2 police officers. The reason????.....i had the same haircut as the e-fit of a murderer.

I was locked in a cell for 3 and a half hours with no explanation as to what was going on, had my dna taken, and was then released on bail.

For 8 weeks i was worrying as to what was going on. When i went back to the police station i was told "you are obviously in the clear, your dna didn't watch. Sorry we didn't ring you to tell you, but we have been a bit busy"

Stick up for the police on this one then.........
Supercuts strikes again!!!

You were really being arrested for offering criminally low insurance quotes Gary!!

GUILTY!!!

Ns04
Old 20 September 2006, 02:27 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Supercuts strikes again!!!

You were really being arrested for offering criminally low insurance quotes Gary!!

GUILTY!!!

Ns04
Old 20 September 2006, 02:29 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
John, you can say **** you know. You can say fuck too; but that might really get you into trouble!

lol
ok, but i didnt want to be a complete copycat GC8 lol

it was my little twist on things lol

simple tings and simple minds and all that
Old 20 September 2006, 02:40 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

It's just the same as any other job. There are good cops and complete ******** cops. it's just the ratio is about 3-1 in favour of the *********.
Old 20 September 2006, 03:44 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
"Ok then....work your magic on this.

Stick up for the police on this one then........."

Would you be one of the people who moan that Police are so busy catching motorists they aren't looking for murderers?

You can't have it both ways!
Old 20 September 2006, 03:49 PM
CT_dunmow
Scooby Regular

Do you have an odd or noticable haircut?
Old 20 September 2006, 03:49 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Would you be one of the people who moan that Police are so busy catching motorists they aren't looking for murderers?

No, that wouldn't be me.

But go on..... i asked you to work your magic on my statement as you did with someone else's earlier.
Old 20 September 2006, 03:50 PM
ads00
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
"Ok then....work your magic on this.

Stick up for the police on this one then........."

I am pleased that they acted quickly but not informing you what is going on and not calling to update you is appalling. You must have been terrified that you were going to be in court for a crime you didn’t commit, I think that is inexcusable. A friend had a similar experience where he was accused of rape.... long story short after the statement had been retracted because it was falsified the police didn’t notify him for several days, it almost tore his family apart and they took their time to inform him!
Old 20 September 2006, 03:52 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

you're all beyond help
Old 20 September 2006, 03:53 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

still waiting for the punchline !!!!!!!
Old 20 September 2006, 03:56 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ads00
I am pleased that they acted quickly but not informing you what is going on and not calling to update you is appalling. You must have been terrified that you were going to be in court for a crime you didn’t commit, I think that is inexcusable. A friend had a similar experience where he was accused of rape.... long story short after the statement had been retracted because it was falsified the police didn’t notify him for several days, it almost tore his family apart and they took their time to inform him!
I agree 100% that if the police have grounds to question somebody they should do so.

But just because i had the same haircut????

Yeah i was very worried, watched 'The Fugitive' one too many times in the past and wrongful arrest was on my mind!!!
Old 20 September 2006, 03:57 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

My point was, that people who illegally modify their cars, shouldn't come on here moaning that the police are showing an interest in them.

Another point is that even if one policeman behaves wrongly, don't generalize against the whole police force.

In your case it sounds like they could have handled things a lot better and I'm not justifying their behaviour at all. But at least they were investigating a "real crime".
Old 20 September 2006, 03:59 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
I agree 100% that if the police have grounds to question somebody they should do so.

But just because i had the same haircut????

Yeah i was very worried, watched 'The Fugitive' one too many times in the past and wrongful arrest was on my mind!!!
Did you tell them that '...it was the one-armed man...' Gary ?

Old 20 September 2006, 04:05 PM
Moley
Sponsor

My point was, that people who illegally modify their cars, shouldn't come on here moaning that the police are showing an interest in them.

Another point is that even if one policeman behaves wrongly, don't generalize against the whole police force.

In your case it sounds like they could have handled things a lot better and I'm not justifying their behaviour at all. But at least they were investigating a "real crime".
Old 20 September 2006, 04:28 PM
ads00
Scooby Regular

Exclamation rant

Well in that case i completely agree, there are many good police officers unfortunately there seems to be more power mad ones, and many more negative experiences. I do think they have a very hard job and a lot of them are genuine good hard working coppers who do not exploit their position but I have unfortunately had several negative experiences. So it is hard to be objective. Traffic cops are a mixed bunch especially and many seem to appreciate nicely modded cars, and the other extreme which seems more common is that many dont like them and assume were all criminals because we drive a performance vehicle. I don’t know I’m ranting now but in the end that’s life aren’t it and there not much that can be done... It seems in every walk of life there are good and bad people and people who love you and ones who hate. As a famous rapper once said “ that’s just the way it is” do do do, do do do.
Old 20 September 2006, 04:52 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

At least you can be subjective. You are bright enough to realise that the actions of a few are not always the actions of the vast majority.

Quick Reply: God I love the Police!