Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sy's Moan or Why do some companies bother with websites and advertising?

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2006, 08:36 PM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sy's Moan or Why do some companies bother with websites and advertising?

Hi guys/girls,

Need to get this off my chest. My Bank Holiday moan.

Can anybody explain why companies spend money on websites and Brochures advertising links to it in magazines etc?

I looked a Stack's website, and decided to buy one of their dash displays. Sent an email to their site saying please quote me.................. result NOTHING.

I sent an email a to Gforce Motorsport, asking them if they could carry out a £20k full APS conversion on my sub..........................result NOTHING
THE MONEY IS BURNING A HOLE IN MY POCKET!!!!

I had a similar experience with Power Engineering a few months ago, when I complained, they said that they get 30 emails a day, so that why they didnt reply, so I wondered why their adverts do not state

"contact us a sales@BlarBlarBlar but dont expect a reply, cos we dont think your genuine cos if you were you would ring us up and anyway were busy!"

Its happened to me lots of times, I cant really understand why they bother advertising, spending bundles on shows etc, and then ignoring leads.

I can understand that they get a lot of time wasters, but a phone call will soon sort out the time wasters. Or are they to busy planning there next show?

Or is it that they are happy with there work load, and they have a website cos someone said they should have one?

Sleeper Sy

I feel better already!!!

By the way I run a company, and all emails are answered same day, even if its no soz cant help you.
Old 28 August 2006, 08:47 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

30 emails a day !! wow that is an enourmous amount! I am not suprised they are overworked, it makes the 2 or 300 a day that I get seem positively trivial!!!
Old 28 August 2006, 08:48 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

One of two things,

1, They are too busy for your custom,

2, They dont give a chuff!,

Either way it is not the way to run a business!

Ask yourself this question? If it was your company would you turn work away? Out of both questions above , anyone who "can't be bothered with you" will sure as hell not be bothered with your car!
Old 28 August 2006, 08:49 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

G Force Motorsport in Aylesbury in no more. There is a company at the same location shown on the APS website.
Old 28 August 2006, 09:00 PM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Thanks 360STE,

I decided to buy the parts and do the work myself, may take a little longer, but i know it will be done right.

Sy
Old 28 August 2006, 09:23 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Wouldn't like to see what your list to Santa would be. Are you going to stay with the APS kit or do a mix and match? What ever you do keep us informed with pictures aswell. I am looking at over the next 6 months getting the full APS fuel system with the APS intake pipe (can be seen on the US section). What roughly are your aims and what kit are you thinking about? Best of luck and ,ind those knuckles steve.
Old 28 August 2006, 10:26 PM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Thanks Steve

Well I havent posted much about my project but heres a few pointers.

Things I have:

1994 WRX RA RED, no spoiler, wind up windows no c/l, etc. Standard wheels, looking for steel wheels 16" but cant find them. (The car looks like a Luton Minicab). Very clean. Jap import.

I have on a pallet from the states:
US 2.5 STI 2004 (Drive by Wire) 6sp tranny, DCCD, rear diff, prop and driveshafts, all anciliries, all wiring etc. cost me £6K.

3. Fitted redtop battery to boot. Saves weight and frees up space in engine bay.

What I want to acheve:

Road legal car, very very quick, high torque, quick response.

My plan is to strip the engine down to short block then send to Roger Clarke

and get them to fit
ungraded rods, pistons, headbolts,Gaskets, 2 plate cluch and flywheel, oil pump etc. Plus RCMS unequal lenght heders, fitted with 4 EGT ports.

2. Then I will fit APS tumbler deleted manifolds with 8 injectors and parallel fuel rails. APS FMIC 725, APS up pipe, Aps cold air intake, SX fuel regulator, Walbough fuel pump, Cusco oil catch tank. Motec M800 ecu with wide band lambda, Drive by wire and ALS, Not sure on turbo APS DR 55?(not sure if I will go to rotated mount) but may go for TD05/G20 as my objective is torque. APS exhausht with twin outlets (makes look standard). Carbon fibre prop.

I have a cusom made DCCD controler which will give more adjustabillty than the Subaru ones.

Thanks

Slepper Sy
Old 28 August 2006, 10:36 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

F!

That is going to be hellish. I've already got the APS 3 inch system, with GEMS ECU, K&N induction kit & MRT intercooler. Should do as a base setup just need to organise plans then get hands dirty. Just hope the insurance is gentle.
Old 29 August 2006, 10:41 AM
rmtypeR
Scooby Regular

I used the "Contact us" form on the website of a well known tuning company to request my car be booked in for a remap. 3 weeks later and I've still had no response but thats OK as last week I had it done somewhere else and I'm very happy with the results!

I understand they're busy, especially on the mapping front, but surely it's common courtesy to at least acknowledge a potential customers booking request?
Old 29 August 2006, 11:58 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

That just seems to be the norm. I've noticed that especially garages don't seem to get back.

I've sent emails (as can't really talk (cars) at work). Had no reply for 3 weeks, then they call back or email and are shocked/p!ssed off when i say i've already had the work done.

Maybe they dont care about losing business?!?!
Old 29 August 2006, 12:02 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I have just called a respected tuner in the UK as email was not answered and guess what no one answered the phone either, just got an answer phone after lots of rings.

It makes me wonder how these companies make any money at all, or do they charge so much that they can afford to ignore potential customers?
Old 29 August 2006, 12:10 PM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
I have just called a respected tuner in the UK as email was not answered and guess what no one answered the phone either, just got an answer phone after lots of rings.

It makes me wonder how these companies make any money at all, or do they charge so much that they can afford to ignore potential customers?
or how much money they could be making if they got back to people.

Its got to be either reply to all mails in a timely manner, or dont offer people the ability to mail, just have a phone number! Answer phone is fair enough if they return the calls that day.

If i dont get a response from a phone call i wont use the garage, if they cant be bothered to take your cash, they probably wont get back to you if you have technical issues with any purchased item!
Old 29 August 2006, 10:39 PM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the support guys !!!!