Sponsored by:

Absolute Bell End

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2006, 06:38 PM
Joek101
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolute Bell End

I was driving on the road from macclesfield to congleton about 5-45 when some absolute to55er in a white evo pulled off one of the most horriffic pieces of driving i've ever seen.

I was driving toward congleton and i go round quite a tight bend onto a stright bit no more than about 70 metres long when i see a car towing a caravan ahead with about three cars behind, then this white evo appears and proceeds to drive alongside the last car in the row (this is on a single carriage way) thus half straddling my side of the road. Then after i squeeze past he proceeds to overtake the lot of them on a piece of road where i'd say it was unsafe to overtake any more than one very slow car, even if you were in a very fast car. It was also absolutely pi55ing it down with rain at this point. So i look in the rear view mirror and note that as he approaches the blind corner at the end of the straight he's still on the wrong side of the road going round the corner.

What an complete d!ck its really pi55ed me off. Its people like them that give all the rest of us that drive similar sort of cars a bad name. No-one ever thinks oh look at the scooby/evo driving normally down the road they just remember the 5% of half wits who drive like w*nkers. I like to put my foot down as much as anyone else but i would never drive unsafely. I don't know whether these idiots think that they look cool or something but whenever i see one i just think wow that person must have an unbelievably small pen!s.

As i reached congleton i saw an emergency paramedic going the other way i really hope that it was to pull them out of a hedge in some horrible pain and not to rescue some poor s0d they had driven into.

End of rant
Old 19 August 2006, 06:49 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

its unfortunate but theres always people like this, hence why insurance is always so high for the rest of us hopefully they will live long enough to grow up, and not kill anyone in the process.
Old 19 August 2006, 07:18 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Was the thread started because it was an Evo?
dave
Old 19 August 2006, 07:23 PM
Joek101
Scooby Regular

No, it was nothing to do with the fact it was an evo, i would have been equally aggrivated whatever vehicle it was.

It just annoys me that people can be so irresponsible and as a consequence make things worse for the rest of us in terms of insurance premiums, reputation, hassle of the police etc
Old 19 August 2006, 08:05 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

i agree mate, if someone had had the misfortune of meeting a **** like that whilst out with the kids it doesnt bear thinking about... scary stuff i think... some people are just W@nkers and think nothing i their fellow men... nothing... like the people who still do 40-45 in built up areas 30 zones with people about... I've seen a kid hit in a 30 zone... it wasn't nice, i nearly threw. up tbh... the soon they ban people for longer periods and do as in the states death with on offensive weapon, and upto life, the better...
Old 19 August 2006, 08:25 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

move speed cameras to 20/30 mph zones it may shock all to see what speeds we sometimes do ie not to make money but to slow cars down in built up areas, outside schools etc
Old 19 August 2006, 08:40 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Its not just those bmw/evo/saxo drivers out there
i have been on a few runs out with peeps from this very forum,who i consider to be reckless and dangerous drivers,maybe the moment of driving in convoy with 10/20/30 other scoobs takes over and puts people in "proving mode"

some of the overtaking tactic's employed by some just to keep up is down right stupidity,and it is no suprise us enthusiasts get a bad name from joe public!!!!!!!

some just need to take stock of whats more important,getting there first or getting there at all

with regards to the original thread post,you are lucky you are here to tell us about your near miss,because more often then not,the suicidal idiot flying toward you is the one that lives to drive another day!

Brain dead ****
Old 19 August 2006, 08:47 PM
Joek101
Scooby Regular

I keep thinking that if i'd been perhaps 20 seconds slower on my journey it could have been me that was coming round the corner at that point.

Im getting a bit worried at the minute, this thing seems to keep happening to me, yesterday on the way home from work some kid (he was prob a joyrider he looked that young) overtook someone through the (single lane) traffic light then veered in to avoid the light and lost control of his car, i was coming up the other side of the lights and for a second his car was carrerring towards me until he got control of it. Hoping its not going to be third time unlucky for me tomorrow, maybe ill have a day off driving.

I agree with regards to the cameras. I got done by a mobile camera in the back of a van on a main road after passing through a village just before the speed limit changed, the van was parked round a bend so you couldn't see it coming and just before the speed changes back up to what it should be on that road having cleared the village. I felt pretty shafted over cos it wasn't really there to improve road safety it was clearly there to catch people out and get some easy cash. Typical these days really.
Old 20 August 2006, 09:15 AM
m3 eater
Scooby Regular

every time i go out for a drive you can garentee that some di-k ed, always wants to prove his worth, they dont realise what some of us has under bonnet . and we would anihalate almost any car on real roads, but just because we drive rally reps, does not mean we drive them like that,i want to enjoy my scoob safely and not create attention from the law.who already hate us any way.