Police - Unfair Justice?

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2006, 06:02 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police - Unfair Justice?

What a joke !!!!

Drove to my Ex's house today then walked up with her to the stables because someone was coming around to view a horse we was selling so off we trot ! Leaving the car parked up outside the house . . . .

Then about 5 minutes down the road get a phone call saying from her mum saying the police have just knocked the door asking for the owner for the white subaru car outside and if he was a youngish driver !! She said she didnt know me, then they turned around and said bloody boy racers and started giving her loads of grief.

After she shut the door they said they left me a note after spending 20 minutes walking around the car. So thought maybe just a note of warning or something . . . Get back to the car and ive got a sticker on the windscreen for a 30 quid fine for my number plates !!

FOR F**K SAKE !!!! I wasnt even in the car at the time nor anywhere near it and it was parked up outside her house. What complete ****s, hmmz we need more mcdonalds money quick lets go find someone and give them a fine! Complete waste off time

Round here i could stabb the whole of sainburys and an hour or two later ONE police officer might turn up, if how ever i done a little wheel spin in sainsburys car park, within 20 seconds id be surounded

The car PARKED outside

And Officers small tiny nats co*k little note for me :

How do i stand with this ? I wasnt in the car at the time, i was miles away in a poxy field !! The road isnt a main road but a side road with houses on it and no where to park apart from on the road - like the 20 odd cars done so behind me. Have i got a case or is it still deemed on a public hghway despite the driver or keys being a mile away from the car ??

Picture off the front plate in question which i know is illegal but i wasnt driving with it was i, my big plate was loosly attatched so i took it off and put it in the car just while i was parked up so no one could steal the plate . . . .

Any police reading this just have one question and normally you lot dont bother me and i have no problem your only doing your job, weather itll be the constent checking my tyres everytime ur passing by, or even the thousand of times youve followed me home . . . my question is, why are you such co*ks ? what were you deprived off as a child ?? Never had a problem with you before but if your going to start making your own laws up!!
Old 19 August 2006, 06:10 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

Basicaly,no you dont have a leg to stand on,your plates were found to be "wrong" for what ever reason,your car was on the road,ie public highway,you got a fine dead simple.

If you know your car was illegal in one way or another then you must also expect to be nicked by the cops somewhere along the way.If you knew it was illegal why didnt you sort it ?
It's now just cost you the fine plus new plates £50-£70 ? when it could have cost you just £10-£20.

I'll give you some sympatthy though cos it's a nice looking car..

Last edited by st3v3; 19 August 2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 19 August 2006, 06:11 PM
binxta1
Scooby Regular

Hi Harvez,
One question did the car pass the mot with those plates on,as the letters and numbers look too small on the picture?
Old 19 August 2006, 06:11 PM
cooky_likes_carbon
Scooby Regular

i dont think u have a leg to stand on mate, even though its stupid and petty your car (as nice as it is-love the wheels) is on a public highway and the plates are illegal, sorry dude
Old 19 August 2006, 06:15 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comment, the gold wheels are only on there whilst i re-furb the white ones.

But ive got the big number plate in the passanger seat, and when i start the engine to move away, i attach it above the small plate. But i cant get a decent fix and rarely use the car so i tape it down solid, then remove it when parked so no one can steal it

So the main question is, is it deffintly still fine'able even with it being parked up with out the engine running

Another thing that annoyed me is the grief they gave her mum, saying was i young, and his reply to that was bloody boy racers and when she said just because he is young doesnt mean hes a boy racer, and aain the police man reply was ' yes they are all the same ' . . . .
Old 19 August 2006, 06:15 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I'd like to have sympathy, but at the end of the day you have an illegal plate, you said so yourself. TBH it's pointless breaking the law then moaning about a fine etc. Doesn't matter that you weren't with the car, you've got it parked on the public highway. Same as if you didn't have any tax I assume they could do you for that as well just parked up.

The only thing that may be a bit wrong is them having a go at the owner of the house about boy racers and that. But, at the end of the day you're driving a high visability car and you're bound to get noticed from the police, sticking a blatently illegal plate on the car as well is screaming for a pull.
Old 19 August 2006, 06:17 PM
binxta1
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you had the number plate on the dash you would have been ok!!
Old 19 August 2006, 06:18 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Harvez

So the main question is, is it deffintly still fine'able even with it being parked up with out the engine running

Yes mate if it was parked on the road ,then you can recieve a fine for them.
Old 19 August 2006, 06:19 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Just pay the fine, it's hardly worth messing around for £30

But,

Has the road been adopted by the council? looks like a fairly new estate, if not then the road would still belong to the builder ie: private land. You could agrue that you were going to change the plate (for a legal one)before you drove off. but i'm sure they would agrue that you car was ready for the highway and you intended to drive it like that blah blah blah.

I'm sure some coppers will be along soon to add there 10 pence worth but at the end of the day, you have a ilegal number plate, you know it's wrong, either change it for a legal one or keep paying the fines

ps: nice looking car
Old 19 August 2006, 06:21 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Ok then based on that reply, if i was to change some brakes at her house. Id have to do it on the patch off road im parked, so the second i jack the car up and take the wheel off, i can get fined and my car impounded for being unroad worthy

What is the difference between that ??

Next question, any ideas where to put a new plate where its not going to obstruted the FMIC

Nutta, i also said when i drive off i attach the big plate that was sat on the floor inside the car, but if i left it attacthed whilst park around that area it'd be gone
Old 19 August 2006, 06:22 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by binxta1
If you had the number plate on the dash you would have been ok!!
Not necessarily, they still might fine the guy,because they were the plates ON the car,you could assume the ones on the dash,*might* fall out.
Old 19 August 2006, 06:24 PM
binxta1
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi mate leave a normall plate on your dash that normally does the trick
Old 19 August 2006, 06:24 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

Your not allowed to repair a car on the road side unless its an emergency.ie puncture
Im not saying you couldnt get away with it,but you're not supposed to.
Old 19 August 2006, 06:25 PM
binxta1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by st3v3
Not necessarily, they still might fine the guy,because they were the plates ON the car,you could assume the ones on the dash,*might* fall out.
I've had no probs and a mate of mines been ok.It's probably how they feel on the day
Old 19 August 2006, 06:27 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

I've had no probs and a mate of mines been ok.It's probably how they feel on the day
This can be said on many things the trafic police can do us motorist for...

Now i know this is gonna be a bit of a strange one,but they can have you for the wrong pressure in you tyers aswell nevermind a million other different things.

I think it was about the time they introduced the rear seatbelt law,they had something like 1 million different offences they could do a motorist for.........1 fookin million i tell ya,they must have someone thinking them up somewhere.
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Why does the transport laws seem to have everything covered. Yet they cant sort out the real justice law with murders, rapest and terriosts

Seems the general verdict is i have no case what so ever so next questions where could i stick the plate and it look good and not distract the FMIC
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I assume it's within the law to give you a fine for the plates when the car is on a highway and you're not there. It's no excuse that you swap them over etc when you drive off. If it is an excuse then you only had a chance of getting away with it if you had a chat with the cops in question, after all how are they to know your proceedure is change plate-mirror-signal-manouvre

Regarding the plate, either get a square one and stick it over one of the fogs, or perhaps illegally, get a full size adhesive stick on and put it on your bonnet.
Old 19 August 2006, 06:28 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

I could of understood that if i flew passed them speeding or chucking abuse at them ! But i was parked in a side road off a main road out of everyones way. Its also made more annoying that i wasnt there at the time he gave the fine. No doubt i was probally followed again like i said above
Old 19 August 2006, 07:00 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

People like you and me are easy prey for the police..... We have jobs, have money and therefore pay the fines for this type of petty crime, If however you were out mugging old people or if you are a kiddie fiddler, it's too much hassle for them,Especially if you have no job and no money, It has to go to court, the fines don't get paid it looks bad on that police force, Just read the papers, muggings, child abuse, theft, murder is getting worse....................

Yet more legal drivers are getting tickets for petty crap........ And we pay their wages!
Old 19 August 2006, 08:02 PM
Listener
Scooby Regular

I could of understood that if i flew passed them speeding or chucking abuse at them ! But i was parked in a side road off a main road out of everyones way. Its also made more annoying that i wasnt there at the time he gave the fine. No doubt i was probally followed again like i said above
I personally disagree with the targetting of drivers for minor offences as it does nothing but get the backs up of the people on whom the police rely for support. As has already been stated though, there are a lot of laws that could be enforced but by most rank and file officers are not. Traffic officers can find offences on most vehicles if they look closely as their role is ultimately to promote road safety and ensure that the rules of the road are abided by.

I would be interested to know why they knocked on the door asking about who the driver was as that suggests to me that somebody complained about your driving, or as you said, they clocked you earlier and tracked you down.

End of the day the officer's had discretion as to whether or not to issue you a fine and on this day they chose to give you a ticket I'm afraid. You either pay or go to court and dispute it, get found guilty get a larger fine.

PS Nice car though!
Old 19 August 2006, 08:07 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

I can honestly hold my hands up and say i got on the motor way, drove at a steady 80mph in the middle lane in traffic, came off at the junction. Drove down the road again at the speed limits because i wasnt exactly in a rush cause i knew there'd be tears with her about the horse. And i can say that truthfully

But who gives anyone else the power to say weather or not my driving was correct (jo-public) everyone knows Subaru's are loud, so it could be possible that one of the neighbours phoned a complent just because i drove and turned around in the road ? In which case it makes me even more angry ! Or was it a old lady who was doing 10mph under the limit and as i undertook in my 'loud' car, meant she judged me to be speeding

Id like a traffic officer to pm me if theres any on here

Sometimes makes you think if its all really worth it
Old 19 August 2006, 08:15 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

You may get a traffic officer to pm you...... but don't trust them! just a word of advice from someone who's cousin is a TC...... They really would shop their own grandmother, especially when you talk of "undertaking"! lol
Old 19 August 2006, 08:45 PM
Ste_TYPE-R
Scooby Regular

You broke the law, pay the fine and move on.

You clearly knew the plates were illegal and as such you should've expeced to be caught at some point.
Old 19 August 2006, 08:47 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

So this is what it has come to?

I was driving through a Village last week @ 20 mph, you know what I am going to say next!!

People shouting at me ( warm day windows open) slow down!! (Sports exhaust burble)

Why don't you take your "boy racing car" somewhere else?

I wouldn't have minded but, I was overtaken twice for going too slow in this Village, and one was a Rover 25!!

So we are judged by "Cover" as in don't "Judge a book by it's cover".

Sincere wishes that you get off fellow Scooby person.

Kind regards

Alan MAC
Old 19 August 2006, 08:59 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N*UFO
And we pay their wages!

I assume police also pay tax so I suppose they pay their own wages too..

I agree though, petty to leave a ticket on the car when it can be read from the required 20.5 metres and although a little small has no italics etc
Old 19 August 2006, 09:09 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyboy840
I assume police also pay tax so I suppose they pay their own wages too..

I agree though, petty to leave a ticket on the car when it can be read from the required 20.5 metres and although a little small has no italics etc
I work for the goverment, I pay a huge chunk of tax every month, If only 1p goes to them it's 1p too much, Then nearly £200 a month council tax, 60% to the local police..................................
Old 19 August 2006, 09:30 PM
Listener
Scooby Regular

I work for the goverment, I pay a huge chunk of tax every month, If only 1p goes to them it's 1p too much, Then nearly £200 a month council tax, 60% to the local police..................................
You cannot seriously be advocating having no police service? Who would want to live in a society like that? It's one thing grumbling about getting a ticket for a minor traffic infringement, it's quite another saying that we should live in anarchy.

I would much rather have the occasional bobby who issues a ticket when they had a choice not to than fear for my property and safety in some Escape from New York post-apocalyptic hell.
Old 19 August 2006, 10:02 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Listener
You cannot seriously be advocating having no police service? Who would want to live in a society like that? It's one thing grumbling about getting a ticket for a minor traffic infringement, it's quite another saying that we should live in anarchy.

I would much rather have the occasional bobby who issues a ticket when they had a choice not to than fear for my property and safety in some Escape from New York post-apocalyptic hell.
When you have a problem,and call the police, like I did last year when I was watching 3 blokes break into my car, and was told after dialing 999 that they were very busy and I would have to wait until the next day for an officer to even come out to me, then you can start preaching .

As I said before, it's folks like us who work, and have money who are easy targets for the police, some low life who nicks cars or mug people are too much hassle, they get arrested and vanish, we cant as we have jobs etc, so dishing out fines to us is easy money.
Old 19 August 2006, 11:26 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems the general verdict is i have no case what so ever so next questions where could i stick the plate and it look good and not distract the FMIC
LOL! I collected £120 in fines for my plate before I decided to go without for a while. Collected another £30 for not displaying a plate and then decided it was no good rebelling any further. I have a square plate over the fog cover now like this - not been bothered since
Old 19 August 2006, 11:39 PM
Listener
Scooby Regular

When you have a problem,and call the police, like I did last year when I was watching 3 blokes break into my car, and was told after dialing 999 that they were very busy and I would have to wait until the next day for an officer to even come out to me, then you can start preaching .

As I said before, it's folks like us who work, and have money who are easy targets for the police, some low life who nicks cars or mug people are too much hassle, they get arrested and vanish, we cant as we have jobs etc, so dishing out fines to us is easy money.
I'm not preaching mate. It's one thing having a genuine gripe with service received from the police - as you appear to have from your break-in. It's another thing to say that you don't want a police force at all, that's all I was pointing out.

If you don't agree with the way they do their jobs or feel you have been let down then do something about it - write and complain to their station, to your MP, to the PM. You pay your taxes and that is your right and what you should expect from your elected representatives. You deserve a decent service. I know a lot of police officers and I can guarantee that there will be officers who would far rather have come out and caught the fellas screwing your car than filling in whatever meaningless form the CPS or government had dreamt up this month while working for a system which seems weighted in the favour of criminals. Sometimes they just are too busy to get to every call, but if you don't make a noise then nothing will change.

Quick Reply: Police - Unfair Justice?