Sponsored by:

had a prang need help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2006, 10:49 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a prang need help please!!

i had a prang when finishing work this morning. basically took a corner too fast and hit a ferb on the nearside/passenger side. there was a nasty impact and some bad damage done. any who ive had a scoob mechanic look at it and he says i need the following parts, and if i can get them today he'll start immediatley... i need...

nearside bottom wishbone/arm

nearside steering rack end and track rod end

nearside anti roll bar droplink.

what im looking for is somewhere i can source these parts from and go collect today. ive tried scoobyclinic and its not too far away from me (north lincolnshire) does anybody know of any subaru places that do these parts, and if theyre too far away to travel, do they do a next day delivery service.

im desperate as i need my car for work on sunday or im fooked

id appreciate any help and websites, phone numbers etc

thanx in advance...

andy!!!!
Old 11 August 2006, 11:06 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Grade A in New Mills
Scoobybits in Rotherham

Youll find them both using google. Slow down until you can drive the car properly.

Simon
Old 11 August 2006, 11:08 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Grade A in New Mills
Scoobybits in Rotherham

Youll find them both using google. Slow down until you can drive the car properly.

Simon
appreciate that simon. il have a look.

anymore guys n gals?

andy,

p.s. will slow down, very greasy roads.
Old 11 August 2006, 11:08 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

www.scoobybits.co.uk
01709 555155

oops simon got in first (mental note to self 'must type faster !!')

Tim.
Old 11 August 2006, 11:26 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tmo
www.scoobybits.co.uk
01709 555155

oops simon got in first (mental note to self 'must type faster !!')

Tim.
cheers guys rung them up and got through to jason. he quoted me some very reasonable prices, around £200 ic v.a.t. nowall ive gotta do is break into the mrs piggy bank!

cost me £260 to get the car recovered to a garage. the mechanic then fell out with his boss and quit, leaving me in the ****, so had my car re-recovered to my back door lol. not impressed with the garage owner... tosser.

but im still getting my exhaust fitted tomorrow. i promise! and i need a new wing in silver if anyone can help!!
Old 11 August 2006, 11:41 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

doesnt look good does it

but at least this is getting fitted tomorrow too

Old 11 August 2006, 11:44 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

ST2 speedlines .... just like mine
Old 11 August 2006, 11:45 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tmo
ST2 speedlines .... just like mine
am hopefully coming up your way soon to pick up these parts. may need a new wing though, but the vin colour doesnt match to the car colour... ****!!
Old 11 August 2006, 12:02 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

what colur is it on the vin plate
Old 11 August 2006, 01:01 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.cityautosalvage.co.uk/

Try here. Make her better and make the pain go away.
Old 11 August 2006, 01:50 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

That car is 406 Silver.
Old 11 August 2006, 01:57 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Thats what i thought but his vin plate is coming up with something else !.
Old 11 August 2006, 02:07 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If the 4th character in the Applied Model Number is C (GC8C48D)then it can only be 406 Light Silver. The other option is 262 Blade Silver but you couldnt get that on a 1995 car (MY1993 only).
Old 11 August 2006, 05:22 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
If the 4th character in the Applied Model Number is C (GC8C48D)then it can only be 406 Light Silver. The other option is 262 Blade Silver but you couldnt get that on a 1995 car (MY1993 only).
ive sourced the supposed model number down and its gc8a48d, which is 1993, aka the engine. ive just returned from scoobybits in rotherham, very nice chap jason was. got all the bits i needed and a second hand wing all in £240 inc vat. the wing is silver but not sure on the shade, better though than having one in primer or a totally different colour. maybe a good polish may help untill its sprayed!!

thanx for all you help guys, scoobybits came up trumps and barring no rain tomorrow (the works taking place in the open air) mr paul the mechanic will make my pain and money disappear.

so far...

£260 for recovery (twice!)
£240 for the new parts inc wing replacement

not sure on pauls costs for labour but doing me a favour and fitting m,y exhaust too.

cost of borrowing loads of cash of your mrs' inheritance to keep your baby alive and kicking... priceless!!!

natalie if your reading this (as she is probably not - maybe on ebay at work as usual!!) i love you with all my heart, and thankyou for letting me "borrow" your bank card for a few "cheap bits and bobs"

il make tea tonight dear.
Old 11 August 2006, 05:38 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
http://www.cityautosalvage.co.uk/

Try here. Make her better and make the pain go away.
What a web site - have you seen some of the cars they're breaking. What about this

From the front

from the back

Look at how the wheel broke and is now in the boot (sort of)
Old 11 August 2006, 06:42 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It just goes to show what theyll sell as a CatB doesnt it? People who think that they really understand the ABI Cat system; and others who thought that the days of cars with trim covered in purple dye being broken should look at this and reconsider.....

Andy; as you say; its a MY93 (A-Series) car; in that case itll probably be Blade Silver. Id sue the garage for the cost of recovery to your door too; they cant simply wash their hands of the responsibility. To put the cost into perspective, Ive paid less than half what youve paid to have your car moved arounf S****horpe, to have a similar car delivered from Southampton Docks to Sheffield....

Simon
Old 11 August 2006, 08:18 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

glad to hear you are sorted
Old 11 August 2006, 09:19 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Wow what a skewed sense of prioritys,,

worried to death that the car wont be repaired, or parts wont be available, and judging by the piccys has quite a bit of unseen damage, that wheel is far too far back!!! want to bet that the chassis aint square..

and your more pleased that a poxy zorst being fitted??

sorr i know what i,d be more worried about, and a zorst aint it!!!

anyway each to there own,

Mart
Old 11 August 2006, 09:22 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Choco - join the RAC/AA mate
Old 11 August 2006, 09:48 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...&postcount=136

What happened to your sport?
Old 11 August 2006, 09:57 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

IIRC the poor lad f*cked that up too!

Old 11 August 2006, 11:04 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Glad you're ok .............................
but......................
Sorry but folk wonder why scooby insurance is high
Old 11 August 2006, 11:06 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Wow what a skewed sense of prioritys,,

worried to death that the car wont be repaired, or parts wont be available, and judging by the piccys has quite a bit of unseen damage, that wheel is far too far back!!! want to bet that the chassis aint square..

and your more pleased that a poxy zorst being fitted??

sorr i know what i,d be more worried about, and a zorst aint it!!!

anyway each to there own,

Mart

calm down before you start ok. ive had 2 very decent and reputable mechanics look at it from many an angle, and they have both diagnosed the same parts neing needed. ive bought these parts, genuine, even if they are second hand. when im getting it repaired tomorrow, i will hopefully see if there is any more damage, to the chassis etc, so it was a case of sorting out parts for what i could see.

regarding gc8, i know ive had a couple of "bumps" lol but that first one was as i said avoiding something in the road in wet conditions, and the second one was just a slide at work on a greasy surface. i personally believe ive been unlucky in both curcumstances, and yes it has cost me a lot of money in the process.

i should maybe be more aware in wet greasy conditions, but one of the mechanics who saw the second prang happen this morning couldnt understand where i slid, seemed very unusual to say i wasnt charging at a corner.

i can only explian by my opinion what happened, and regarding the "zorst", i had that all delievered on wednesday, so thought if im getting my car repaired tomorow may as well look on the bright sidfe and have my exhaust fitted at the same time. it wasnt a case of getting my priorities wrong, i was trying to cheer myself up in the knowlegde that my car is repairable and at the moment looks much worse than what it is.

the damage to the wing was from the wheel being pushed back on impact and rubbing against the rubber splash guard and tthen rotating anti clockwise against the tyre causing the crease.

my mechanic friend who is very highly respected has looked tirelessly at the car and assures me that its mainly a cosmetic thing apart obviously from the snapped wishbone and steering rack.

please dont assume that im just another young chav in a classic, ive been genuinly unlucky today, and rather than fixing my car on the cheap, im paying good money to repair it properly.

hope this kinda explains where im coming from.

andy.

p.s. gc8 as usual your knowhow has helped a lot, thanx mate
Old 11 August 2006, 11:15 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Wondered how long it would take for the knights on their high horses to show up

Unlucky Andy, but it could of been worse, seems like you have everything in place so fingers crossed that all will be resolved.......maybe some driver training should be your next mod though
Old 11 August 2006, 11:20 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

chocolate_o_brian - what did you have for tea?
Old 11 August 2006, 11:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Andy; as you say; its a MY93 (A-Series) car; in that case itll probably be Blade Silver. Id sue the garage for the cost of recovery to your door too; they cant simply wash their hands of the responsibility. To put the cost into perspective, Ive paid less than half what youve paid to have your car moved arounf S****horpe, to have a similar car delivered from Southampton Docks to Sheffield....
i agree with you on the garage. il explain the scenario and see if i stand a chance.

right it happened at 6.05am and i called my uncle to get the mechanics (not the garage owners) number. got through and he said they shouldnt be a problem leaving it at the garage as the owner was unreachable (i wanted the car a t a garage to save having it recovered to mine, then to a garage later on!!)

got to the garage at 8.45 and the mechanic was on his way to work. the garage owner was there and seemed ok until i mentioned about getting it fixed. he was ok about fixing it but i needed it doing after hours on sat, and the mechanic and garage owner had previously allowed this to happen to fit my exhaust. garage owner was in an **** and then went back on his word, so mechanic lost out on many ££££'s for doing the work in his own time, baring in mind the garage use all of the mechaics tools, not their own.

bit of a ding dong and im piggy in the middle. i was fully prepared and willing to have everything through the books, basically it would be an overtime thing, not a barrow job or anything dodgy.

garage owner refused to move and i was left in lingo. the mechanic (paul) then told him where to stick his job (as hes been getting fcuked about a lot recently apparantly) and i had to get the car taken to mine, to obvioulsy take it of the garages property.

i dont know where i stand as i didnt speak to the garage owner before dropping it off, but before today had a good relationship with him from previous (fully legit) work being done on my old scoob.

simple thing is now im paying paul to come to mine on sat as a mate, not a business and fix my car as a favour. il then pay him costs and a bit for doing a biggish job on the wheel, obvioulst baring in mind there is no need for other bits.

do you get me, where im coming from and that i didnt expect all the agro. please tell me if im in the wrong etc, as ive tried to do everything propelrly through the books etc.

andy.
Old 11 August 2006, 11:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by James Neill
chocolate_o_brian - what did you have for tea?
i went to the chinese
Old 11 August 2006, 11:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alloy
Wondered how long it would take for the knights on their high horses to show up

Unlucky Andy, but it could of been worse, seems like you have everything in place so fingers crossed that all will be resolved.......maybe some driver training should be your next mod though
that or i dont drive in the rain lol.

hopefully its down to inexperience and at least nobody else was involved, hence why i wont claim on insurance and pay from my deepenng pockets andy lol.
Old 11 August 2006, 11:28 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
i went to the chinese
Well hey, she spent all that money on Scooby bits - she ain't gonna be bothered about an extra £15 on Chinese. Good thinking my boy
Old 11 August 2006, 11:32 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by James Neill
Well hey, she spent all that money on Scooby bits - she ain't gonna be bothered about an extra £15 on Chinese. Good thinking my boy
i just hope everythings ok regarding fitting these parts tomorrow. i guess from the pics people can only go on what they see, but really the damage is only kerbing on a wehhl and a snapped wishbone/bent steering rack end. the chassis really does seem fine, as the impact was at slow speed on a high kurb.

i dont think im getting prorities wrong with my exhaust. i thought well if hes fixing the car underneath anyway, popping an exhaust on that needs fitting would be a decent idea, providing no problems witht he other bits.

andy.

Quick Reply: had a prang need help please!!