Sponsored by:

how much power...

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2006, 07:09 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much power...

im currently sorting out a new exhaust for my standard 95 wrx (93 engine however) consisting of ninja backbox and afterburner cenre/downpipes. all decat. with this addition and a remap from scooby clinic which is £400 i think, what power increase would i be looking at considering standard is 240ps on a 93 engine.

anybody know from experience? would be very appreciated, and will be getting onto rolling roads after the remap, if its worth it!

thanx in advance all you tech heads

andy.
Old 02 August 2006, 08:54 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

firstly the engine only gives as much power as the ecu that controls it. You could theoretically have a year 2000 engine in there, but if it is controlled by the same ecu, you would have similar power to the older engine.

Exhaust wise, have you considered the scoobyclinic stuff? I have an unresonated centre section and a 4.5 inch jap style back box (scoobyclinics own) mated to a tsl grp a decat downpipe and it sounds the dogs. I would imagine after the remap that you would probably be looking at anywhere from 260 to about 280bhp.
Old 02 August 2006, 05:55 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
firstly the engine only gives as much power as the ecu that controls it. You could theoretically have a year 2000 engine in there, but if it is controlled by the same ecu, you would have similar power to the older engine.

Exhaust wise, have you considered the scoobyclinic stuff? I have an unresonated centre section and a 4.5 inch jap style back box (scoobyclinics own) mated to a tsl grp a decat downpipe and it sounds the dogs. I would imagine after the remap that you would probably be looking at anywhere from 260 to about 280bhp.
ive looked at the stuff on there and it is rather good. im after a deep sound and power, and theres a guy selling the ninja backbox very cheap compared to a newly priced one. not compromising to save money, but it looks a good bit of kit. and ive heard good things about the afterburner vortex system too off scoobyworld so was going to mix their decat downpipe with a straight through centre section.

www.scoobybits.co.uk in rotherham were then going to fit it when i get booked in.
Old 02 August 2006, 07:03 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

As already mentioned the ECU dictates the engines output, rather than its year. Thats said, the base figure isnt really relevant..... With a full decat and a custom ScoobyECU map Id expect you to be looking at (and Id certainly hope for) 300-320bhp. A lot of factors affect the outcome on the day and different engines/cars seem to react better to the same modifications than others. The limiting factor will be your injectors followed by your engines ability to breath.

Simon
Old 02 August 2006, 11:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
As already mentioned the ECU dictates the engines output, rather than its year. Thats said, the base figure isnt really relevant..... With a full decat and a custom ScoobyECU map Id expect you to be looking at (and Id certainly hope for) 300-320bhp. A lot of factors affect the outcome on the day and different engines/cars seem to react better to the same modifications than others. The limiting factor will be your injectors followed by your engines ability to breath.

Simon
so basically your saying if i get a decent straight through decat exhaust whaich enables the car to breath better than the standard one and uprated fuel injectors, thats when id be looking at the extra power. any ideas what the standard clutch can handle power wise for the time being at least? and just for putting a decat exhaust and remap, would i need any more modifications for the car to handle the power, if you get me?
Old 03 August 2006, 11:27 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
With a full decat and a custom ScoobyECU map Id expect you to be looking at (and Id certainly hope for) 300-320bhp.
Simon
From a 95/93 WRX? I would've thought about 280-300 max.
Old 03 August 2006, 11:32 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean; Id be quite happy with 300bhp, mapped for 98/99RON fuel.

Simon