Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2014, 12:35 AM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust decat - A little help

Hello,

Cars a 2003 STI.

Getting my car remapped by Duncan in a few weeks time.. and to prepare, I thought I'd compliment my Scoobyworld cat back package with a decat!

Simple, so I thought. Until their website went and confused me.

The cat back package I have is this http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1289 with the Afterburner Raptor backbox.

2.5" system by the description.

I went and ordered this

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=2056

and then read the description, "requires our 3" afteburner centre section and silencer to fit"

Phoned them up and they promise me it will fit with my current setup. Not saying I don't trust them, I just can't see how! I mean, how can a 3" pipe mate with a 2.5"?

Emailed them to double check I was understood and to get peace of mind (it's being installed a couple of days before the remap and I don't want any problems) but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'll measure it when it comes but I wondered if anyone else had this pipe and what set up they had?

If I do need the 3" centre section, is that a good idea? I've heard 3" bore is for big power... and mine's standard power at the mo!

Thanks fellas. Look forward to your knowledgeable response.
Old 08 January 2014, 07:54 AM
M17CH
Scooby Regular

If you look carefully at the pic its 3'' then tails off to a 2 and half inch flange so should fit fine,

Im currently waiting on my afterburner decat pipe going for the two piece set up though
Old 08 January 2014, 09:26 AM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M17CH
If you look carefully at the pic its 3'' then tails off to a 2 and half inch flange so should fit fine,

Im currently waiting on my afterburner decat pipe going for the two piece set up though
Good point! Looking at the picture it does look like it narrows down, that's assured me greatly, thanks!

What's the benefit to a two piece set up? Easy swap back to having a cat for MOT time?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08 January 2014, 08:40 PM
M17CH
Scooby Regular

No worries let me know how you get on.

No benefits really apart from what you said, my car was already fitted with the 2nd decat so just made sense to get the 1st downpipe and was cheaper (still 192 quid posted!!)

Mitch