My Scooby on TV tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2006, 09:00 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Scooby on TV tonight!

Morning all fellow Scoobynetters

No it's not getting nicked on crime watch, but.....

Just a quick thread to let you all know my Scooby X plate MY00 Classis is on TV tonight. It is on "Men & Motors" on the "Used Car Roadshow" at 9pm. The vehicle is on the channel for a security feature so I do not know how much or little the vehicle is on for, but I expect the security article to last a good few minutes, as on the day a Honda S2000 was also filmed at the same time. This programme is repeated throughout the week on the same channel just in-case you do wish to watch this programme but cannot tonight, and you can catch it on Tuesday at 1am and 11am, Wednesday at 2pm and Friday at 3am and 11am. My Subaru to watch for is in Red Mica Met paintwork with OE cream leather interior. As I say don't know how long for or exactly what has been edited, but getting your Scoobs on the big screen either way is an achievment as I think you would agree.

Lets just hope it turns our right!!!!

Last edited by MikeyN; 31 July 2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 31 July 2006, 09:04 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah bless, your baby is on the tele! You must feel like a proud father who's kid is staring in the school play?!
Old 31 July 2006, 09:04 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

You seem very proud If the wife falls asleep during Big Brother I'll have a look

Are you going to have an aftershow party?
Old 31 July 2006, 09:14 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

well done that man

if it is a security question and its a classic, it will be probably be based around how blooming easy is it to get into a scoob !!!
Old 31 July 2006, 09:39 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
well done that man

if it is a security question and its a classic, it will be probably be based around how blooming easy is it to get into a scoob !!!

Well getting into the Scoobs could not really disagree with - pretty easy, no deadlocks, no removal of locks, and from memory entry of the vehicle can usually be achieved pretty easily, but the focus of the article is aftermarket security and what has been achieved with the use of it. Stopping the scum bags from driving a car away, after and even if they do gain entry!

looking forward to it more than ever!!!!!
Old 31 July 2006, 11:06 AM
Scooby-kid
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MikeyN
Morning all fellow Scoobynetters

Just a quick thread to let you all know my Scooby X plate MY00 Classis is on TV tonight. It is on "Men & Motors" on the "Used Car Roadshow" at 9pm. The vehicle is on the channel for a security feature so I do not know how much or little the vehicle is on for, but I expect the security article to last a good few minutes, as on the day a Honda S2000 was also filmed at the same time. This programme is repeated throughout the week on the same channel just in-case you do wish to watch this programme but cannot tonight, and you can catch it on Tuesday at 1am and 11am, Wednesday at 2pm and Friday at 3am and 11am. My Subaru to watch for is in Red Mica Met paintwork with OE cream leather interior. As I say don't know how long for or exactly what has been edited, but getting your Scoobs on the big screen either way is an achievment as I think you would agree.

Lets just hope it turns our right!!!!
Hi,
was your scoob filmed at the Sandon Hall classic car show?

Scotty.
Old 31 July 2006, 02:12 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-kid
Hi,
was your scoob filmed at the Sandon Hall classic car show?

Scotty.
Yeah certainly was lovely day, a few women about, but mainly a car show - classic cars, war machinery amoungst other stuff. I take it you were around the Men & Motors stand on the day then?

I must admit, they did not go though half of the security system on the vehilce in the end, but hey this is not a bad thing for any potential thieves watching! And it was the fact me car is on TV that I was happy with.

Mike.

Last edited by MikeyN; 31 July 2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 31 July 2006, 05:51 PM
Scooby-kid
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by MikeyN
Yeah certainly was lovely day, a few women about, but mainly a car show - classic cars, war machinery amoungst other stuff. I take it you were around the Men & Motors stand on the day then?

I must admit, they did not go though half of the security system on the vehilce in the end, but hey this is not a bad thing for any potential thieves watching! And it was the fact me car is on TV that I was happy with.

Mike.
Yea, I was there.

On the way out did you follow a light blue Ford Anglia with two blokes in it, as I think I noticed you follow my dad and his mate out. i stayed behind for a picnic with mum so i could go back in the scoob.

Scotty.

Ps: car looked superb
Old 31 July 2006, 09:17 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Trying to find it. What Channel is it on?

Thanks

Aan MAC
Old 31 July 2006, 09:35 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Ah congratulations ! I was on there myself being interviewed by Penny Mallory about the Daihatsu Charade GTti owners club I run.

Hope you were not kept hanging about for hours like I was !

AllanB
Old 31 July 2006, 10:15 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AllanB
Ah congratulations ! I was on there myself being interviewed by Penny Mallory about the Daihatsu Charade GTti owners club I run.

AllanB
Is she as clueless as she appears on tv?
Old 01 August 2006, 08:53 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Is she as clueless as she appears on tv?
Shes not that bad really,in my opinion she is more like a co-presenter to the big guy can't remember his name though! Her family has had involvment with cars as she said on the show last night her dad re-built a classic, so this could of well have been her foot in the door for this job.

However to talk too she is quite a nice person, well she seemed to nod and smile anyway whilst I was taking about my car!!!
Old 01 August 2006, 08:56 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-kid
Yea, I was there.

On the way out did you follow a light blue Ford Anglia with two blokes in it, as I think I noticed you follow my dad and his mate out. i stayed behind for a picnic with mum so i could go back in the scoob.

Scotty.

Ps: car looked superb
Cant remember much about leaving really I was still quite excited from the shoot, even though not everything was portrayed on the show that wa filmed on the day, it got the message across and me car on. I do rember tailing a classic out the ground, but there were so many around on the day a little difficult for me to remember.

Thanks for the compliment on the car!!!
Old 01 August 2006, 08:59 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllanB

AllanB
Nice to see another member around there on the day! As for the filming I actually turned up with an S2000, parked in their chained off area aand half an hour later was being filmed, moved the car watched the nesxt take on student cars then left for a sunny afternoon BBQ, so overall not too bad really.
Old 01 August 2006, 09:29 AM
ADY 555
Scooby Regular

Whats happend to M&M on free view, i can't get it anymore, and i'm not paying Sky-high prices just to watch it.
Ady.
Old 01 August 2006, 09:38 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ADY 555
Whats happend to M&M on free view, i can't get it anymore, and i'm not paying Sky-high prices just to watch it.
Ady.
I know tell me about it, I had the same problem had to record me car on my dads vcr last night as my freeview box cannot get M&M anymore they replaced it with a quiz channel around a couple of months ago - money making schemes egh!!