Sponsored by:

I mean honestly...

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2006, 10:12 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I mean honestly...

So there I was Friday evening pottering down backroads nr. Chelmsford to pick the other half up and a dastardly pigeon swoops down. I slow, bare in mind I was only doing 40 anyhow, and then <BANG> feathers everywhere /expletive, anyway dont think much of it thought it hit the bumper so no great shakes.

Anyway used the car again quite happily Saturday evening everything fine, never saw it during the day as I didnt go out.. get up Sunday to play cricket, poodle down to the local garage, I get out of the car as I walk round the front I notice these pair of eyes looking at me from inside the bonnet scoop..yeah can you believe the damn pigeon actually got sucked into the scoop and was lying on the damn intercooler!!! To spare blushes I drive round the corner out of site and open the bonnet, there the little sod is lying on the cooler, so pick him off and throw in bushes, it then takes me like 30mins to pick out all the damn feathers that are littered around the engine bay ffs. To make things even worse the little fekker has broken one of the plastic struts off the scoop so I have a rather unprotected scoop now

Anyway I was rather peed off about it, but thinking about it it is rather funny to be honest, but more to the point now, do I need to get a new scoop to fix the busted support? It has actually ripped out the plastic base aswell so Im guessing a new scoop
Old 17 July 2006, 10:41 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllyJ
So there I was Friday evening pottering down backroads nr. Chelmsford to pick the other half up and a dastardly pigeon swoops down. I slow, bare in mind I was only doing 40 anyhow, and then <BANG> feathers everywhere /expletive, anyway dont think much of it thought it hit the bumper so no great shakes.

Anyway used the car again quite happily Saturday evening everything fine, never saw it during the day as I didnt go out.. get up Sunday to play cricket, poodle down to the local garage, I get out of the car as I walk round the front I notice these pair of eyes looking at me from inside the bonnet scoop..yeah can you believe the damn pigeon actually got sucked into the scoop and was lying on the damn intercooler!!! To spare blushes I drive round the corner out of site and open the bonnet, there the little sod is lying on the cooler, so pick him off and throw in bushes, it then takes me like 30mins to pick out all the damn feathers that are littered around the engine bay ffs. To make things even worse the little fekker has broken one of the plastic struts off the scoop so I have a rather unprotected scoop now

Anyway I was rather peed off about it, but thinking about it it is rather funny to be honest, but more to the point now, do I need to get a new scoop to fix the busted support? It has actually ripped out the plastic base aswell so Im guessing a new scoop

mmmmm.......roast pigeon
Old 17 July 2006, 01:38 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry, gotta laugh..... You hear stories of thing being "sucked" into the vent all the time, but it's still ammusing when you get something this big into there...

Hope the repair's cheap & easy enough - at least you've a good story to go with it...
Old 17 July 2006, 04:12 PM
healeyb
Scooby Regular

As a senior member of the RSPB and former "Goodie" I must say that I frown
upon this type of activity.

Bill Oddie.
Old 18 July 2006, 01:10 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

LOL frown indeed I havnt checked in with the garage yet on what the repair is, typical subaru dealer will say new scoop sir thatll be 300 quid im sure!

Funny thing is I was driving around with it for like nearly 24hrs and didnt notice! must remember to carry some apple sauce with me from now on you just never know