Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOOKING TO BUY MY FIRST SUBARU, ANY TIPS?

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2006, 08:05 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING TO BUY MY FIRST SUBARU, ANY TIPS?

hi, im currently in the process of trying to find the perfect classic shape impreza turbo and i have £7000-£7500 to spend of the right one. hoping to get one with the ppp pack fitted but will be just as happy with a standard minter with full subaru history and low miles and preferably mica blue. anyway what should i look out for, ie common problems? whats the running costs like? fuel consumption? i only do about 5000mls a year mostly town driving, how long do the turbos/engines clutches etc last if regularly serviced? and finally i would be getting a full stainless exhaust system fitted to free up some power and release the noise, heard fully decatted and decatted down pipe is the best for power dont want stupid loud and no jap style huge pipes either just subtle 3.5" round what should i go for. thanks in advance.
Old 06 July 2006, 09:20 PM
doobieR
Scooby Regular

revolutions own exhaust is very good sounds and performs very well check out there web site
Old 06 July 2006, 09:48 PM
Zebedy
Scooby Regular

I recently got a 99 classic with full PPP stuff and it rocks - same as you I didn't want a boy racer baked bean can exhaust which would do nothing but attract unwanted attention. The PPP definately gives it more poke and a nice rumble when around town - open it up on the country roads and it still puts a smile on your face with the ripppping noise from the back

Running cost I dont know about as only had it a few weeks but it drinks petrol when you start pushing it - having said that it aint as bad as I thought if you just cruise around - I was getting 26+ mpg doing that and down to around 22 when I had a few blasts inbetween - no doubt drop further still the more I drive and get used to it. bit of a shock filling it though as getting abotu 50 quid in each time - used to only put in 35/40 in the old car for more miles

Its all fun!!!

Best of luck!!

Last edited by Zebedy; 06 July 2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06 July 2006, 09:52 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

http://www.ladsoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5563

try this