DUMP VALVES

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2006, 05:37 PM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Location: edinburgh scoobies-555 wagon squadron- s.w.a.t.s.a.r
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUMP VALVES

hey just come back from subaru and i asked there advice on changin my standard dump valve to a after market dump valve? they told me that an after market dump valve is worthless but just sounds good? they also sayed that a scoobie wi a after market dump valve makes the car loose power as the air is not recirculated back into the engine is this true cos i was just about to buy a new dump valve but whats the point if thats true can some one plz help thanxs
Old 06 July 2006, 05:55 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

As far as i know, performance wise they make jack s**t difference in terms of a gain, not sure about a loss, all they do is make a stupid noise.
Whats wrong with the one on the car or are you simply after the noise ?
Old 06 July 2006, 05:57 PM
Crosstalk
Scooby Regular

I thought you had a "wrx jap import (wagon) wi a nice tommy kiara body kit on it and a ninja ss system wi mushroom filter and bailey dump valve" - have you put a standard one in, or are not we talking about the same car?
Old 06 July 2006, 06:04 PM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Default yea

[
yea its still the same car but i just found out it has still got a standard dump valve but has everything else my fault for not checkin the car properly but is it worth puttin one on? and if ur the guy i gave abuse to the other week i appologise as i had a bad day hope u accept my offer mate
Old 06 July 2006, 08:46 PM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

Just a crass noise, mine has gotta go....
Old 06 July 2006, 08:57 PM
Crosstalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobie_eccosse
[
yea its still the same car but i just found out it has still got a standard dump valve but has everything else my fault for not checkin the car properly but is it worth puttin one on? and if ur the guy i gave abuse to the other week i appologise as i had a bad day hope u accept my offer mate
No problem. See you up Waterloo Place on a Saturday night at the wee roundabout, sometime?
Old 06 July 2006, 09:02 PM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Default eh

Originally Posted by Crosstalk
No problem. See you up Waterloo Place on a Saturday night at the wee roundabout, sometime?
i take it ur from edinburgh then mate? if so no one hangs bout there anymore cos the fed keep bustin everyone?
Old 06 July 2006, 10:08 PM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

Decent aftermarket dumpvalves help to speed up the spool of the turbo. I've never heard anything about anything but the standard dumpvalve will make it lose power.

I've got an atmospheric dumpvalve on my UK300 and it certainly doesn't feel slow
Old 06 July 2006, 10:13 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

I bought the blitz one but took it off after a couple of days. People looked at me like I'd just kicked their dog when it went off, and the car ran poorly. Quite happy with the standard valve now and will only be changing if I swap to a front mount.
Old 06 July 2006, 10:20 PM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by briforbes
I bought the blitz one but took it off after a couple of days. People looked at me like I'd just kicked their dog when it went off, and the car ran poorly. Quite happy with the standard valve now and will only be changing if I swap to a front mount.
lol bet u aint popular wi dog owners then lol its just that i got told at subaru 2 day that after market sound good but make the car loose power now i dont no what to do cos a aftermarket valve does sound good and i was going to buy a blitz one of ebay
Old 06 July 2006, 10:56 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

Got a bailey motorsport atmospheric valve on my 95wrx. Don't think it's done the power much harm... Rolling road test on Saturday soon find out what we got.
Old 06 July 2006, 10:56 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

I'm gonna try an adjustable dual vent one - turn the vta right off if yu want or open it up for max chav impact
Old 07 July 2006, 01:14 PM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

Keep away from Blitz dumpvalves if you can. Apparently from a reliable car performance source, these are crap on most Jap cars. I have a Forge atmospheric and it's fine. Was looking to change to Blitz before I found out this info.
Old 07 July 2006, 01:32 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

According to a guy who runs a very reputable Subaru tuning company, what happens is theAtmospheric dump valves release air that has been metered by the MAF to the atmosphere, so the ECU sets the ignition timing to before there is enough air in the bore. This can cause petrol mist to be forced through into your oil and because the timing is so wrong can cause more wear and generally knacker the car over a long period.
I have also heard stories about turbos wearing excessively as the dump valve releases the pressure too quick and can cause them to run backwards.

Of course if you've had an ECU remap that includes your dump valve in the map you may get a little benefit from it, but without it could just cause your engine to run like ****.

HTH

Dan.
Old 08 July 2006, 09:06 AM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Default cheers

cheers guys i think the best opyion is to leave the standard dump valve on cheers for all ur input