Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOCK UP YOUR SCOOBYS AND HIDE YOUR KEYS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2006, 08:30 PM
stoney dooby doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOCK UP YOUR SCOOBYS AND HIDE YOUR KEYS!!!!

a bobby who lives next door but one to me has just been to see me telling me that me and me dad may be getting a letter off the police about our cars. he said there are loads of imprezas mostly newer ones been stolen to order in the area. i live in east cleveland. he said that they are mainly been stolen with the keys. i.e some ****** breaking into YOUR house to take your car keys then drive away in your car. so everyone keep your keys well hidden if your not in or under your pillow if your in bed. spread the word. p.s my dad is going to see him later tonight so i will post more info if i get it.

obviously this applies to everyone not just us in the north east
Old 05 July 2006, 08:37 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure that hiding your keys will stop them or is a wise idea Leave them near the door and they won't wake you up with a baseball bat in their hands
Old 05 July 2006, 08:42 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

great advice again from the police...NOT..!

It would be great advice if you were lawfully allowed to blow the ******* head off for attempting to kick your door in. (and I don't mean the weedy grey area of 'reasonable force') the intent should be enough IMHO..!
Old 05 July 2006, 09:53 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

im pretty sure that if they come in with the intent of obtaining your car keys and they come upstairs then that is more than enough to take a baseball bat to them in the name of self defence and protecting your household. If someone comes into my room trying to get the keys i will be trying to send them out the window. I'd hope the fall would knock some sense into them. Theres no chance i would give up the keys to the car i've worked so hard for and spent so much time getting to its currents state over without a fight
Old 05 July 2006, 10:03 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I live in a terraced house and have parked about 3 doors up tonight so my neighbour could well get broke into before me!!
Old 05 July 2006, 10:08 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

f*ck me ******* kicking your door down and demanding your keys whatever next.

tell us something new.
Old 05 July 2006, 10:33 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
I live in a terraced house and have parked about 3 doors up tonight so my neighbour could well get broke into before me!!
Old 05 July 2006, 10:37 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

thats what you get for living in that area
Old 05 July 2006, 10:53 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stoney dooby doo
a bobby who lives next door but one to me has just been to see me telling me that me and me dad may be getting a letter off the police about our cars. he said there are loads of imprezas mostly newer ones been stolen to order in the area. i live in east cleveland. he said that they are mainly been stolen with the keys. i.e some ****** breaking into YOUR house to take your car keys then drive away in your car. so everyone keep your keys well hidden if your not in or under your pillow if your in bed. spread the word. p.s my dad is going to see him later tonight so i will post more info if i get it.

obviously this applies to everyone not just us in the north east

Well, if you have children in the house , leave the keys where the ******* scum can find them.My family is worth more than the car outside,you can replace your car,its not worth putting up a fight for a piece of metal compared to the family in the house.

Mick
Old 05 July 2006, 11:21 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

I'll attach mine to my bull terriers collar !!

If they can get them off him their welcome

Rob
Old 05 July 2006, 11:23 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
Well, if you have children in the house , leave the keys where the ******* scum can find them.My family is worth more than the car outside,you can replace your car,its not worth putting up a fight for a piece of metal compared to the family in the house.

Mick
On a serious note, go with the above.

Don't put yourself at risk by putting them under your pillow.

Leave them where they can be seen and taken without endangering yourselves.

Be safe people !!

Rob
Old 05 July 2006, 11:25 PM
graeme.
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice, mate.

I've already put the keys next to the wife's bed, save me a job !!
Old 06 July 2006, 08:55 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by graeme.
Thanks for the advice, mate.

I've already put the keys next to the wife's bed, save me a job !!
Old 06 July 2006, 08:59 AM
DEC14N
Scooby Regular

The last thing I would do is hide the keys! several years ago my friends brother and father were stabbed when scumbags broke in to steal the keys to a P1, not only that my friends baby daughter and mother were held at gun point and her eleven year old son witnessed the whole thing!
Not worth it in my opinion.
Old 06 July 2006, 09:09 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_classicwrx
im pretty sure that if they come in with the intent of obtaining your car keys and they come upstairs then that is more than enough to take a baseball bat to them in the name of self defence and protecting your household. If someone comes into my room trying to get the keys i will be trying to send them out the window. I'd hope the fall would knock some sense into them. Theres no chance i would give up the keys to the car i've worked so hard for and spent so much time getting to its currents state over without a fight

if they come upstairs and your wife and kids are in bed u are entitled to beat the **** out of them as u could say u feared for your familys safety.
Old 06 July 2006, 09:12 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Why is it you hear so much about people breaking into your house whilst your asleep ands stealing the keys when you never hear about dealerships taking someone out for a test drive then getting forced out of the vehicle??

I don't wish harm on anyone owning or working for Subaru but surely their isn't a need for people to be attacked in their own home?
Old 06 July 2006, 09:55 AM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

It's becoming very common where the $hite are breaking into houses to steal car keys. Most cars now have decent immobilsers and are difficult to get away without the keys.
It appears there is a team going around in East Cleveland doing just this and their car of choice is at the moment is the Subaru Impreza.
As far as I'm aware only one has been stolen and is still outstanding and the other was a failed attempt.
Best place to put the car is out of sight and in a garage when not in use, use the garage for what it was intended for and not storing junk.
Old 06 July 2006, 10:39 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alwong
you never hear about dealerships taking someone out for a test drive then getting forced out of the vehicle??

I don't wish harm on anyone owning or working for Subaru but surely their isn't a need for people to be attacked in their own home?
cctv perhaps
Old 06 July 2006, 11:02 AM
mikeb290bhp
Scooby Regular

i live in liverpool and my front door was put in at 3am on monday morning by 2 lads with ballies on and all they screamed as they broke in was give us the ****in keys to the scooby

and me and me dads reaction standing at the top of the stairs with a samari sawd was come and ****in get them

needless to say they never got the car

but do be on you guard as they dont only go in your house my mate was pulled out of his scooby at a set of lights by 4 men and my mate mum had the same thing done in her cooper s

my advice is get a sawd and as they dont seem to want to take them when you have hold of 1
Old 06 July 2006, 11:20 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Better advice:

Hide your scooby and lockup your keys

I myself have a set of 'subaru' keys wired to my alarm in full view once they break in

Simon
Old 06 July 2006, 11:21 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
cctv perhaps
What??? You having a laugh?? CCTV on a test drive??
Old 06 July 2006, 11:48 AM
94impreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alwong
What??? You having a laugh?? CCTV on a test drive??
I think he means in the showroom. I thought these days before you could test drive you basically have to have a full credit check.
So crim's break in, threaten, steal your car and the filth's response is to send out a letter. God forbid the crim's do 35 in a 30 in your scooby, the rozzers would be hot on their heels then.
Old 06 July 2006, 11:50 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 94impreza
I think he means in the showroom. I thought these days before you could test drive you basically have to have a full credit check.
So crim's break in, threaten, steal your car and the filth's response is to send out a letter. God forbid the crim's do 35 in a 30 in your scooby, the rozzers would be hot on their heels then.
I was just replying to him after he replied to me about why people don't steal from a dealership when they go out for a test drive.

I've purchased several scoobs from dealers and they never ask for anything before taking you out on a test drive!
Old 06 July 2006, 11:55 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94impreza
No, but you'd get the speeding fine!
Old 06 July 2006, 12:05 PM
94impreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
No, but you'd get the speeding fine!
Is that after they scramble out the helicopter and 20 jam sandwiches ?
Old 06 July 2006, 12:25 PM
mcarrick69
Scooby Newbie

I'm a bit concearned about selling mine privately now!!

keys near front door + insurance claim seems more hassle free

than

keys by bedside + break in + fight/stabbing whatever + conviction for GBH.

Its only a chunk of metal at the end of the day.
Old 06 July 2006, 12:28 PM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Location: edinburgh scoobies-555 wagon squadron- s.w.a.t.s.a.r
Default kill em all

well it would be better to sell our keys on ebay then lol as far as im aware the new law is that if some one breaks into ur house with threatening behaviour then u can deffend urself family and propety to what every u see fit even if that means killin the **** and u dont get done for murder but its true ma family is worth more than ma scoobie even though if it was stolen i wouldnt be able to replace it as its a one off edition but god help any one who breaks in cos ma missus is like a pitbull and she has the keys lol
Old 06 July 2006, 01:02 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

[quote=stoney dooby doo]a bobby who lives next door but one to me has just been to see me telling me that me and me dad may be getting a letter off the police about our cars. he said there are loads of imprezas mostly newer ones been stolen to order in the area.

Yes unfortunately this is becomming a common problem but will the letter from the police tell you what resources they are actually applying to try and catch these scumbags rather than trying to shift the onus on the car owners who in most cases take precautions anyway. I think not
Old 06 July 2006, 01:43 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I bet its not only Impreza's that are on the hit list as a relative of ours has had his brand new Golf GTi stolen off his driveway during the night.
Scum of the earth that should be shot!
Personnaly i would rather hand over the keys, depending on what was facing me of course.
Nik.
Old 06 July 2006, 01:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop ****ting yourselves FFS!!!

This has been happening for YEARS!!!!

Actually, the lads under the Ballies are usually 15 years old and as weak as **** ..... however they look scary with their faces covered.

Up to you whether you face them down - I'll judge my reaction at the time, if it happens to me ..... but, it is just a piece of metal!!

Pete

Quick Reply: LOCK UP YOUR SCOOBYS AND HIDE YOUR KEYS!!!!