Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need UK Scooby enthusiast's help

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2001, 11:42 PM
imprezawrxsti.com
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First let me say as an American that I am jelious of you! You have had the WRX, STi, P1, RB5, McRae, Catalunya, 22b (should I go on??) We just now have gotten the WRX and it seems as though we MIGHT get a STi. I need your help, I have a few questions regarding the STi since you all are lucky enough to get it and to have had it...

1) What is the re-sale value of a WRX vs a "special" WRX? (P1, STi, RB5, UK300, etc) How well do these cars hold thier value?

2) When these "special" WRX's are sold, does the dealer charge rates above and beyond the Manufacturer's Price? As an example, here in America, the sticker of a WRX is 24,000USD, but dealers were charging 30,000USD Plus!

3) Any of you here driven the "new-age" STi? Any impressions? (pun intended)

4) What is the octane rating of your fuel? I am trying to put my case together that a STi (perhaps, detuned) can run on our "****" gas we get over here..

5) Any photos you have of the new age STi I could link to from my site. Many of us would like to drool over them..

Thanks for your help. I am just interested in some of these issues. Please feel free to visit my site, give your opinions, send photos or links, etc.

JJ
www.imprezawrxsti.com
Old 04 November 2001, 09:42 AM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

JJ,

I'll try and anwser the questions in the order you wrote them.

1 Resale value of these cars is about the same as that of standard cars in % terms. The execeptions are 22b (we only had 16 of these officially, value is very strong) and RB5 (though values are slipping now).

2 The specials are always very expensive, though often ok if you want the extras. The UK300 was £24995 for a car which is mechanically the same as a standard WRX which is £21495 (Differences were Bigger Wheels, Body Kit, Alcantara Interior). P1 was £31495 and they still haven't sold them all because the price was just too high.

3 Not driven a new age STI yet, only tried a standard WRX.

4 With the P1 the minimum fuel that could be used was 95 RON though using it would reduce the power from 276bhp to around 255 I think. Jap spec engines (ie imported STI's etc) can knock/det on less than 97RON and run more smoothly on 99-100 RON petrol (ie SUL with octane booster...). I understand the new age STI will be detuned to 261bhp (265ps) to allow it to run on 95 RON petrol and meet emmissions laws.

5 I don't have any but try members gallery.

For more details on the history of UK cars see http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm

Good Luck,

Jon