http://www.roads.dtlr.gov.uk/roadsafety/hc/7.htm

(edited to get the url in properly!)

[Edited by dharbige - 11/5/2001 12:22:26 PM]
Old 11 July 2001, 04:24 PM
humbug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greeny

loads of people get dazzled hence the size of this thread. Get your eyes tested.

And get some proper headlights.

[Edited by humbug - 11/7/2001 4:26:11 PM]
Old 11 September 2001, 04:33 PM
bdrought
Scooby Regular

I dont have that problem.. one flash of full beam and they stop. Check it out:

http://drought.mbz.org/elise/PB023062.JPG

The middle ones are 110W PIAA 910s btw...

Bri

[Edited by bdrought - 11/9/2001 4:37:00 PM]
Old 03 November 2001, 10:22 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Talking

I ****ing hate people who drive around with them on so I found this highly amusing!

Driving back from a mates late last night when a young rude boy (ok im 23) creeps up behind me with the fogs blazing. I flashed my back ones on and off but he didn't get the message so I booted it a bit to protect my eye *****. Came to a set of lights and I moved to the right filter, rolling at about 20mph... so he comes flying up next to me staring angrily into my window - so the staring contiues at this pace for a few seconds...

Unfortunately muppet boy fails to spot the stopped car in his lane and drives straight up his ****, while still staring at me! The shock on his face! I couldn't help but fold over the steering wheel with laughter! Im still laughing now.

By the way it was a very new XSi 6 in yellow. I hung around to laugh for a while, but I think the old boy he hit was ok and let him go.

Justice, I feel...

MB
Old 03 November 2001, 11:45 AM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

did it smash his fog lights ?????????
Old 03 November 2001, 12:00 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Very amusing!

Now that the clocks have gone back these sorts of pr1cks are coming out of the woodwork again, dazzling everyone just so that we know they've got fog ights. Shame some of the drivers round here who do this don't realise that they've only got one foglight working and they look even more stupid!

Old 03 November 2001, 12:11 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

i remember years ago when i was young (decade ago?) and didnt know that putting the front fog lamp was consider illegal when there's no fog, so i had a rented car with all the trimmings, and with a click on the switch the front fog lamp comes on. i thought it was pretty cool to drive with the fog lamp on until the car in front flash the rear fog lights on me. i then realise must be my front fog lanp so i turn it off.

somehow i dont think there's anything mention in highway code about putting front fog lights on when there's no fog is illegal, or is there?
Old 03 November 2001, 12:29 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

It is illegal to drive with fogs on when the visability is clear, it does actually state somewhere in the highway code and is still an offence and you can be fined by the police for it (now if they got all the drivers who drove around with their fogs on they would make more revenue than catching those who drive around speeding IMHO)
Its ashame the cops dont pull their fingers out thou and catch more of them as you see afew round here with fogs and just side lights at night Tw@ts [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Tony
Old 03 November 2001, 05:24 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

On Thursday traveling through the country into town at about 8:30. There's a serria behind me with his front fog lights on, so I flash my rear ones a couple of times and she switches them off. Then, when I'm a bit further ahead of her she switches them back on again What's that all about?
Old 03 November 2001, 05:31 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

Angry

Do you reckon these ***** drive around on a nice sunny day with their windscreen wipers going and their heaters on flat out,i wonder eh.

What a load of tosser$
Old 03 November 2001, 05:36 PM
scooby555
Scooby Regular

Wink

So you're telling me that none of you lot drive round with your scooby's fogs on
Old 03 November 2001, 05:48 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Angry

**** no! I covered mine over. Its just plain ****ing gay to leave em on. Anyone who thinks it looks good is very wrong....

Not sure if his fogs got smashed, I should have popped the window down and asked!

MB
Old 03 November 2001, 05:52 PM
scooby555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

LOL
Old 03 November 2001, 05:55 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

shall i put any scooby number plate if caught with fog lights on?
Old 03 November 2001, 06:09 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Theres a ***** drives around the Selby area with his fogs on...pi55es me right off!

Old 04 November 2001, 10:59 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Nothing like a good bit of open-mindedness on the BBS. Have you ever considered other options for why people may have them on?

I have a 94 MR2, which has hard suspension, and since buying it I constantly have to watch out for potholes in the road (of which there seems many more now ).

I work in the town centre, in an industrial area with many potholes. My standard headlights are crap, so when leaving work I sometimes put my fogs on as they light up all of the road immediately in front of me, hence allowing me to spot potholes in the road. Being a low car they also dont dazzle anyone as much. Once I am out of "pothole alley" I turn them off so as not to annoy anyone. I am 28, and certainly not a boy-racer anymore, so I dont do this to be cool - I am just pissed off with my suspension hitting the bumpstops every 10 seconds.

So does that make me a tosser, as most of you have put it? There is often 2 sides to a tale. I agree that you dont need them on around town, or on motorways etc, but sometimes as in my case they help.

DW
Old 04 November 2001, 03:52 PM
DMB
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nice one mark was that by westover rd per chance?? showing off those new alloys were we?? Cap on backwards again was it??

Think i'm gonna take the covers off my PIAA's so i can really dazzle the stupid tossers when they are oncoming, now that would provoke a reaction
Old 04 November 2001, 10:07 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Put halogen bulbs in yer rear fogs - They'll notice when you flash them then

Mick
Old 05 November 2001, 12:23 AM
FRP
Scooby Regular

Angry

> So does that make me a tosser,

Yep, get better headlights and stop p|ssing everyone off.
Old 05 November 2001, 09:15 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Smile

: D
Old 05 November 2001, 09:37 AM
GP
Scooby Regular

I think it's fair to say there are 'non-foggy' times when having them on is good - mine mains are likewise crap and the fogs really help on unlit back roads - when I catch traffic/lit areas I turn em off and so on.. blah blah..

that said, you can spot the twits who think it's 'kewl' a mile off - and seeing one roll into someone while giving you the evil eye, is just plain hilarious
Old 05 November 2001, 09:42 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

I give the t0ssers a load of full beam usually - but I reckon they still dont cotton on.

The gits with only side lights and fogs in the pitch dark take the buiscit.
Old 05 November 2001, 09:51 AM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Yep - beam the b@stards. We should all do it, beam or rear fogs as apporopriate.

Incidentally,I once got a a ticket for having on fogs which the car didn't even have fitted... needless to say they ripped it up, but I had to get them to look for the non-existent switch for my non-existent fogs before they did it..... muppets.....
Old 05 November 2001, 12:24 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Too right - flick on the front fogs as they're coming towards you and full beam em Then front fogs off when they're past.

Old 05 November 2001, 12:43 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Question

Whats the difference between 'driving' lamps and front fogs ???
Old 05 November 2001, 12:48 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

wind your window down an wave your arm frantically, flashing your main beams and pointing at the front of their car like there is a body attached. They invariably stop to have a look. There is a guy with a silver Renault Clio in Carryduff who has stopped to check at least 4 times, and still hasn't worked out what I am pointing at. it appears not to be confined to 'boy racers' either. All off roaders, 99.999% of beamers(cept mine) majority of Renaults. I think maybe Clio's dont have a switch for fog lights. They come out of the factory turned on and stay that way until they get to the scrap yard
Old 05 November 2001, 01:00 PM
Matt_H
Scooby Regular

Talking

I stop myself by getting riled up by counting how many cars I see with fogs on on the journey home
usually see about 20 or so in 6 miles...

used to get riled and flash my fogs on at them..but I'm sure it doesn't stop them...then realised that I was endangering myself as I was spending most of the jorney home driving with one hand on the wheel and one sitting on the fog switch!!!.... now I just count....very theraputic!!

happy counting..
Matt.

p.s maybe we could have a compo...highest numbers spotted per mile?!
Old 05 November 2001, 01:03 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

What I don't understand is why don't the perpetrators of this get baulked themselves by others and so realise its a dickish thing to do?
Old 05 November 2001, 01:17 PM
Paul M
Scooby Regular

I give 'em a Full PIAA flash, along with main's, just for adviosry purposes 460Watts. TW*TS

If you need to put fogs on to see potholes, get out ya car, put new bulbs in your main lights and clean the lenses, this tends to helps a great deal!

Paul M
Old 05 November 2001, 04:03 PM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

Had one a few weeks ago, A Lexus.... fogs on so I flashed my Rear Fogs, lots and lots of times, then decided to leave them on... Muppet only started flashing me.... DOH... then he overtook me, I'm not into racing and he struck me as a dope, so I let him have his fun.....

Just imagine the conversations "Those Subarus... I got past one easily tonight... thick idiot was driving with his rear fog lights on as well"

Sad

Dave

Quick Reply: Amusing "fog lights" story!