Sponsored by:

Dont say that this is becoming a "Boy Racer" BBS

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2001, 12:06 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Well the one thing that you can say about transit van drivers is that they go quicker in a national speed limit than the dithering old farts you normally get doing 30 round there

Tony

[Edited by TonyBurns - 11/3/2001 12:06:47 PM]
Old 02 November 2001, 06:24 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It seems that just of late we seem to be getting the "Younger more inexperienced type driver with powerful car" coming on and claiming that they have done X ammount of speed throught town/down motorway etc
Im not saying that im an angel in my scoob but there are things i dont brag about (except kicking bigger cars *** on open road with lack of traffic ) but having seen some absolutely diabolical driving etc and not just scooby drivers over the last few days its put me off going out on the road incase my baby is damaged by one of these ar5eholes [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Last night i was working in Folkestone, in my little white van and it was a 30 zone, i was doing 30-33mph and all of a sudden some git overtakes me doing about 50-60 then the car behind shoves on his full beam to get me moving faster (remember this is a residential area!) so as his offside headlight is defective i show him some foglight in reply (he didnt take too kindly to this for some reason) then when he reached the roundabout he gave me the finger (wow i was really impressed, YAWN).
Its this sort of driving, the potentially suicidal type or the people who go cruising round city centers (looking rather stupid going round in circles, again and again and again....)
But what really gets me is that alot of these are young lads who dont have their brain switched on and think because its a big car with lots of grip it will stop them getting hurt the downside is that its not just them that will get hurt, its the innocent people who cross the road etc that can hear but cant see the driver coming (anyone from folkestone know what i mean? the bus station/post office area??)
Like i said before i aint no angel but ill kick and have kicked bigger and better cars asses with my pathetic vauxhall van (2ltr di 16v) one of them is that nice corner going onto the M11 from the M25 the one thats marked as 30 but is still good fun
I just think that alot of this type of car (high performance/super car) is falling into the wrong hands, i use to have a r19 16v when i was 23, bought it with my hard earned money but no way could i drive it anywhere near the limit (had my *** whooped by an audi 1.9tdi and a 2ltr cav on some bends) and even after 10+ years of driving ive still alot to learn but its just that i feel that alot of people go too big too fast and that scares me as one day this sort of person is going to kill either me or my Beloved Girlfriend or a member of my family
Its a dangerous world out there now our cars are available to people who cant afford to maintain them or run them properly and drive them like they have a death wish [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] its just annoying [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Tony
Old 02 November 2001, 06:51 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not disagreeing with you , but most of the time the only vehicles driving like prats, speeding, too close and flashing headlights are Mr White Van Man & Co. (not saying your one of then mind)

They also seem to think the hazard light button is actualy the licence to park anywhere I damn well please button.

There are loads of fools on the roads, but its unfair to say that hot car drivers are most of them or even the worst.

I almost ended up in the hedge recently because I rounded a corner at 50ish mph and was confronted by a granny doing 25 in a 60. She then proceded at this speed for some 8 miles, during which another car almost rear ended me.
Old 02 November 2001, 06:55 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yup ive come across a few of those granny drivers doing silly slow speeds in national limits [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and the worst van drivers i find are the ones in the merc sprinter vans thinking that they can just pull out infront of you (only have the van to get to work and carry my stuff, i dont use it for much else but think i should start a removal service at the weekends )

Tony
Old 02 November 2001, 06:57 PM
mook
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean. I guess I too am no angel, who is, but speeding in town, in poor weather, etc. is just bad news. As we've always seen, inappropriate speed kills. I'm still the proud owner of a driving record with no accidents, a clean licence (3 points 6 years ago, camera at traffic lights) and full NCB, so I can't be doing too bad

It seems, though, that we're not getting older, but the little chimps with the tack are getting younger *lol*. One of the problems is, they buy something non-descript, mod it up and don't tell mr. insurance, so they're not seeing the premiums that they 'deserve' (dare I say). And then they go too far and stack it and insurance isn't valid so it just puts our premiums up, w**kers.

I'm hardly an old sod (28) but with 10+ years driving I too know I have more to learn, but at least (most of the time) I'm happy in the fact that when these chimps want a race, I'll let them go, because I have nothing to prove and I already know my old boy is on the large side of average

Now then, I know that's a bit of a generalisation, I've got plenty of younger chums who drive just fine, but there you go.
Old 02 November 2001, 09:57 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

Yes, the indicator on a van seems to allow you to pull out anyway, no matter how fast a car is comming up behind you. (BTW - Thank you tuffnels "mean snot green parcel machine" for changing lanes while I was along side on the A38 a while back, forcing me into the kerb and knackering al alloy wheel)

Ive often though that I wont bother to upgrade from a sport Spec to a Turbo, but will get a transit instead, as they seem to be very fast and handle well on B roads, i've often seen them managing warp 8 throgh a narrow country lane. They trully are amazing.
Old 03 November 2001, 01:57 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

weird innit? How everyone going faster than you is a maniac and everyone going slower than you is an idiot
Its all subjective though. I dare say that a few people have thrown a few choice insults at you when you have been playing. I know that I insult everone I come accross for the merest slight on the roads, everyone does, but the point is that if that person has made his choices then nothing you can do will stop him.
I am no angel either, but I have been every type of driver that you can name, cruiser, boy racer, white van man, Rep who thinks he's on the TOCA tour, nervy hesitent type, even old fart when my car had a problem and could not go more than 10mph.
no one is perfect on the roads and someone out there will always have a problem with what you do on the roads. I dont think that will ever change either
astraboy.
Old 03 November 2001, 10:37 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thats right Tony, your no angel! i know ive followed you!!! LOL!
Old 04 November 2001, 12:42 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheeky G1t Lee

Tony
Old 04 November 2001, 01:09 PM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

There does seem to be loads more people getting on here that have nothing whatsoever to do with scoobes.
Just trying to intimidate scoobe owners with nothing but BULL****E!!!!!!!!!
Most of the posts these days involve stuff like
"why are your cars so slow" etc etc [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Go get a life and grow up!!!!!!!

Darren
Old 04 November 2001, 07:37 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Tony - inevitable really, when you think about it.