Sponsored by:

fueling problem..... i think???

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2006, 02:53 PM
k_duraman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fueling problem..... i think???

i just poped down to the supermarket, andthe car worked fine. unloaded the shopping went back to the car to park it in its place, as i turnd it on it started runing very rough. the whole car startd shuddering . it looked as if it was trying to run under water. the rev counter was strugeling to rise above 1500 rpm. when i got out the car i could smell petrol. i guess it was the unburned petrol being kicked out the exhaust. stopped the car, first checked the ecu socket. (it had come loose once and was running just like this) but it was fine. then checked the air filter. i have it inside the front wing above the wheel arch. it is one of those green mushroom shaped hks powerflow air filters. it was totally black. it felt like it had muddy paste on it. i don't know how the car was breathing like that. so i removed to clean it and started the car again and it worked fine. i had only cleaned the filter 4k miles before.
what i can not understand is how it could work so well moments before and not after it was literally two minutes between the two drives. (well attempts)
also when i cleaned the filter last month. i had a bit of a problem. i used this k&n air filter oil. but the bloody thing just wouldn't spread evenly over the filter sponge,instead it would make patches here and there. i suspect the oil managed to gather up so much dust or somehow the filter got wet.
*is there a special way of putting this oil?
*what if idon't put it at all, will it really make a big difference in my engines well being?
*could there be another reason?
thanks in advance
matt
Old 18 June 2006, 03:03 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

may help if you post in the correct section...."Techinical"