Sponsored by:

ScoobyECU BY Scott.T

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2006, 06:26 PM
CRX-Ownage
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow ScoobyECU BY Scott.T

Hello matey's, i've had some errors come up and need to know if I can reset the ECU without loosing the map settings.?? Im hoping to just clear the error codes stored in the memory. thanks in advance.

ECU Is W6 16.11 PSi Mapped by Scott.T

Scott.T - Your PM Box Is FULL!
Old 27 May 2006, 08:27 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, just reset the ECU as normal. It won't effect the map.
What codes you getting ??
Old 27 May 2006, 11:49 PM
CRX-Ownage
Scooby Regular

long story mate,

here goes//

As you know I went to xtreme scoobies last week to get my new cambelt, tentioner and lambda fitted, well I booked in Clive Atthowe Tuning for a dyno and diag just to ensure everything was well after fitting the new ECU the next day. On the drive to Norwich the car started hesitating at high speed and was just holding back. It had been fine all week and drove like a new car after fitting the ECU and I had no errors when checking the in car Diag so I could'nt work out what I was. Well anyway, I get to CAT (Alive Atthowe Tuning) and I ask them if they can fit some new plugs for me as I knew they needed doing according to the paperwork I recived when I got the car. I bought some £15 pound a plug NGK's. They agree to fit them before running a dyno and they checked the lambda on the laptop in the mean time. well f**k me, the lambda had been left blowing in the wind and had completely burnt out on my exhaust manifold! I was very lucky the whole ECU wasnt fried! So, they show me the damage and inform me they can't run a dyno without the lambda so they tryed to repair it: £55, 30 minutes latter, no luck and they fit a NGK one, £57 plus VAT plus £55 labour. So they then fit the Plugs and tell me that the Original plugs have not been changed since the factory!!! GOD I was MAD! The plug they took out had JAP serial numbers so I thought perhaps someone imported some? hardly likely. They inspect the coil packs and replace a couple of rubber boots for free.. ahh how nice. So anyway, the coil packs are ok, but one looks worse then the others and I was advised to consider changing it if the hesitation returned after installing a 4 wire conversion (The NGK Lambda). So, everything was ready and they dyno and diag the car.

I got 255BHP and 250ft pounds. Not bad I thought.
The Dyno and Diag showed NO det or misfire and behaved well, no problems at all.

So start the drive home after spending £300 including the plugs, I was just pleased the car was working fine again, but annoyed I had to spend money I didnt really have spare. I drove 2 miles up the road and hear ding ding ding under the car, sounds like a nut fell off and bounced on the floor pan. The f**king thing starts hesitating again!!! grrrrr I was mad! So I call CAT and get back there for them to have a look. Nothing, So I can't work out what that was.

Anyway, on the drive home the car kept holding back and felt like minor misfire. At one point I could'nt pull away at the lights, stupid car so I boot it in anger and get going. After about 40 miles of this I pulled over and checked the in car diagnostic's, Nothing. I checked the Oil and it seems low so I topped it up. Once I got going again the car was fine but it soon warmed up and started missing again, then It stopped.

I pulled over and got dinner and let it cool, but as soon as I got on the road again whada ya know. The engine check light came on so I check the in car diag and CODE 32!! F**king LAMBDA!!!!!

Anyway, driving the car to work and back today it was fine, no problems..

So any Guesses?

new lambda and plugs, ecu perfect on dyno, coil packs not cracked and not visably damaged.

HELP

Last edited by CRX-Ownage; 27 May 2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 28 May 2006, 07:21 AM
CRX-Ownage
Scooby Regular

anyone?
Old 28 May 2006, 07:28 AM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

May be worth taking the new lambda out to check its in one piece-possably somthing broke off it and rattled down the exhaust pipe.
Old 28 May 2006, 08:54 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Sounds like Coil packs, MAF or Lambda to me.
It's quite common to get coil pack problems after a plug change.

Lambda shouldn't effect on boost driving as it's only used when running closed loop/cruise (below about 3,000rpm and 0 bar).

Also the RR figure seems low, which would suggest the MAF is causing it to run rich. If poeple have been working/stretching down by the MAF it'd be worth checking it's connections are good and not hanging off.

Last edited by Scott.T; 28 May 2006 at 08:59 AM.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:07 AM
CRX-Ownage
Scooby Regular

Big thanks for the info matey's, you guys are very helpful, thanks!