Notices

If i was to buy a scoobyECU would an AFC be pointless??

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2003, 08:04 PM
JonGould
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as the title says really.

i will be getting a scoobyecu, but will this defeat the object of having an AFC as they are both controlling the same thing...

or am i better of with getting an AFC and an AVCR? would that be better than the scoobyecu?

i have kinda asked this before and not been given an easy answer (i know there isnt one) so basically yes or no, and if yes, which way should i go?
Old 10 March 2003, 08:45 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im biased..

If you want to run silly boost then you need a boost controller..

Try the board, if you dont like it then sell it on and get fuel and boost controllers..

Also Apollogies to anyone waiting.. Due to supplier problems.. Im still waiting boards.

David

David
Old 10 March 2003, 09:51 PM
JonGould
Scooby Regular

for the money it costs would it be worth getting both? is the board limited to how much power it would let me have?
Old 11 March 2003, 08:07 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Again im biased because i have one.... been on the car now for getting on for six months. Very good mod in my opinion. I do have plans to remap it myself tho and have some maps done.... just need an eprom programmer to try them out .

What are your plans for the car? Realistically your stuck with a max of 16.5psi boost.... unless you do what David did and get a MY99/00 Map sensor and then you can run into the 20s. To do this safely tho you'll need injectors, FMIC etc etc. Guess it's down to what you want from the car.... if your spending thousands on the car in terms of AP brakes, FMIC, injectors, Clutch etc etc... then maybe your better off spending a bit more on a Link/Gems/Motec ecu. Certainly if you plan these kind of mods i wouldn't touch boost/fuel controllers.

Tony.