Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legacy Outback price in Saudi Arabia - SHOCKING!

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2006, 05:43 PM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legacy Outback price in Saudi Arabia - SHOCKING!

Although I live in the UK I work most of the year in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

I was out having a mooch the other day and I looked in the Subaru dealership thats just opening and the price of a Legacy Outback 2.5S is 69000 riyals on the road which works out £9911.38 at todays exchange rate!!!!!

Retail in the UK is over £20 Grand!

Do we get stuffed or what!
Old 27 May 2006, 05:46 PM
g01dmember
Scooby Regular

And i bet it only costs about £2000 to import it aswell....

Your right...We`re getting fooooked...
Old 27 May 2006, 05:51 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Roger Woods

I was out having a mooch the other day and I looked in the Subaru dealership thats just opening and the price of a Legacy Outback 2.5S is 69000 riyals on the road which works out £9911.38 at todays exchange rate!!!!!

Here in blighty we pay over the odds for everything! Why? Because we are too polite to kick up a fuss.
Old 27 May 2006, 06:02 PM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

True, its tax on tax for just about everything.

I'm very proud to be English and come from London but I have my doubts if I will ever be able to truely get back into the 'ratrace' again.

We have been lucky enough to also buy a house in the States and its half the price of our UK house and much bigger with a pool and double garage although getting the green card to work theres fun to get AND my wife is a Lawyer and we will still struggle to get a work permit.

Last edited by Roger Woods; 31 May 2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 30 May 2006, 12:36 AM
stewby2202
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Here in blighty we pay over the odds for everything! Why? Because we are too polite to kick up a fuss.
Here Here that man,We all have opinions as to the state of the country but we all just sit back and go along with what the bunch of interbreds come up with,Any where else they,re would be a revolution ,but here there,s just no solidarity,burn em, i say,burn em, too many fat cats takin liberty,s in that big old house we call "parliament" £6.00 pound a gallon by december 07,why,becuse we just go along with it,Where is it going to end,As a privelege for the priveleged
Old 30 May 2006, 12:39 AM
stewby2202
Scooby Regular

True, its tax on tax for just about everything.

I'm very proud to be English and come from London but I have my doubts if I will ever be able to truely get back into the 'ratrace' again.

We have been lucky enough to also buy a house in the States and its half the price of our Crawley house and much bigger with a pool and double garage although getting the green card to work theres fun to get AND my wife is a Lawyer and we will still struggle to get a work permit.
So why not get residency and stay there!!!
Old 31 May 2006, 05:00 AM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by stewby2202
So why not get residency and stay there!!!
Nice Chap!

I was just making the point that we get stuffed from just about every angle if anybody has got off their backside to try and make some thing better for them selves.

I grew up on an estate in South East London and have worked hard to get some nicer things in life - its not been handed to me for sure!.
Old 31 May 2006, 07:33 AM
Tanuki
Scooby Regular

I checked out the site but can't find prices. Do they drive on the same side of the road as us.

As for the state of the UK, we may blame others, but we let it get this way. it's a democracy. If some other place can offer a better life, and people choose to take it, then I say good on them.

http://www.subaru.com.sa/

Old 31 May 2006, 07:57 AM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Hey mate,

Cars are Left Hand Drive sadly here but German and Jap cars appear to be mostly european spec so they could be bought to over to europe with not many mods needed I expect.
Old 31 May 2006, 01:02 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

What do you do in Riyadh ie what profession out of interest... It must be great working out there...
Old 31 May 2006, 01:10 PM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Nothing very interesting I'm afraid, I'm the Pensions & Benefits Manager for BAE Systems in the Middle East......would rather be at home playing with the Scooby....still almost the end of my working day and Thurs & Fri is our weekend so a couple of days chilling now for me.
Old 01 June 2006, 11:07 PM
Tanuki
Scooby Regular

Nothing very interesting I'm afraid, I'm the Pensions & Benefits Manager for BAE Systems in the Middle East......would rather be at home playing with the Scooby....still almost the end of my working day and Thurs & Fri is our weekend so a couple of days chilling now for me.
Ever get nervous about safety there? A friend narrowly missed out on getting shot when some fanatics got into a compound near his and executed a few western infidels...he was in Dubai at the time. The company just mailed him his gear and he hasn't been back. Actually I'm surprised you can access Scoobynet with SA restrictions...