Sponsored by:

What Power From A Focus ST

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2006, 11:15 AM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Power From A Focus ST

First off I'm no speed hungry nutter who's into street racing.

On my travels yesterday I came up behind a Focus (I thought it was an RS but my mate thought it was an ST)

I'm a strange lad to say the least I hate following the same vehicle for a prolonged period of time, it just gets boring.
So I'm now bored with the site of this purple Ford, time to go past.

As I pulled out I could see the blue oval suck to the road (he booted it).
I hesitated and thought damn, I can pass this.

I got out by the side of him, changed gear (as I love my dump valve going off as I get by the side of em) and past I went.

When I got to the services, I saw the car parked up near mine.
Sat in my car this bird comes over and says I really upset her bloke by overtaking him, as he tried to keep me out there.

I just shrugged and said, lucky I got a scoob then, lol.

She was alright with it.

As I drove off I really wanted to acknowledge him but held back, would've seemed like P1$$ taking!

Anyways, so what power can be seen from one of these Fords?

(bearing in mind I'm not slating Fords, Since passing my test all I've ever owned was Fords, until 6 days ago) No going back now though.
Old 22 May 2006, 11:17 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

2,000bhp for about 0.3 seconds.
Old 22 May 2006, 11:18 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Sorry, serious answer is about 300bhp without spending about 10 grand. But most people who mod them stop at about 270-280 IIRC.
Old 22 May 2006, 11:35 AM
misty
Scooby Regular

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many times do we need to hear and read posts like this? They are utter bollox, and mean jack ****.
dave

First off I'm no speed hungry nutter who's into street racing.

On my travels yesterday I came up behind a subaru(I thought it was an wrx but my mate thought it was an STI)

I'm a strange lad to say the least I hate following the same vehicle for a prolonged period of time, it just gets boring.
So I'm now bored with the site of this purple subaru, time to go past.

As I pulled out I could see the black stars suck to the road (he booted it).

I got out by the side of him, changed gear (as I love my dump valve going off as I get by the side of em) and past I went.

When I got to the services, I saw the car parked up near mine.
Sat in my car this bird comes over and says I really upset her bloke by overtaking him, as he tried to keep me out there.

I just shrugged and said, lucky I got a EVO then, lol.

She was alright with it.

As I drove off I really wanted to acknowledge him but held back, would've seemed like P1$$ taking!

Anyways, so what power can be seen from one of these suabarus?

(bearing in mind I'm not slating subarus, Since passing my test all I've ever owned was subarus, until 6 days ago) No going back now though.

Last edited by misty; 22 May 2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 22 May 2006, 12:33 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by misty
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many times do we need to hear and read posts like this? They are utter bollox, and mean jack ****.
dave

Why bother reading and replying to them then? If you don't like it, don't read it...how hard is that?
Old 22 May 2006, 12:37 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Wonder if these were into street racing as well

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=516677
Old 22 May 2006, 12:38 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

the initial question was fairly valid, it's what the thread turns into is what we are all getting bored of misty.

It might mean jack to you but obviously means something to 'Jap', hence his question.
Old 22 May 2006, 12:56 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Laughable, Mitsy you really must leave the house some time soon
Old 22 May 2006, 01:01 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I beleive the only colours they come in are, Orange, black, dark blue and red, so no purple,they have 225BHP and are very hard to confuse them with another Ford as the ST logo is quite prominant, maybe a ST170??????.

Mac
Old 22 May 2006, 01:20 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Misty, this was a valid question as I was curious.

Neanderthal, I'm not into nor condone street racing, also I beleive that vehicle was stolen!

Bluenosewrx, it was the usual blue/purple (sorry looked like purple to me), to be honest I've never heard of a ST Focus just the RS.

Why is it this community is filled with schoolboy bollox dished up by the likes of misty.

My question was a valid one and thank you to those who gave an insight into it.

Another thread that may as wells be deleted.

Last edited by Jap Import; 22 May 2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 22 May 2006, 01:34 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Misty, this was a valid question as I was curious.

Neanderthal, I'm not into nor condone street racing

Bluenosewrx, it was the usual blue/purple (sorry looked like purple to me), to be honest I've never heard of a ST Focus just the RS.

Why is it this community is filled with schoolboy bollox dished up by the likes of misty.

My question was a valid one and thank you to those who gave an insight into it.

Another thread that may as wells be deleted.
Because child this site is full of sad people like you who use the "what power" has this routine to really post the fact you had a race with someone. Do you think people are the slightest bit interested in your race? Your post was a carbon copy of thousands that have been posted on here over the years, even down to the imaginary girlfriend!!! But as you've been on for such a short time you wouldn't know that! Does it give you a hard on when you "race" someone on the public road? Does it make you feel superior that you managed to overtake someone, that for all you know wasn't the slightest bit interested in racing? It's not really hard pal, if you want to know what power a certain car puts out, look on that makes website!! Or would the people there have no interest in the fact that you "raced" it? As for schoolboy bollocks (please note I've changed my spelling because you copied my original one!!) When I was last at school we were taught not to make up stories, as people would see through them right away....Ring any bells mate?
dave
Old 22 May 2006, 01:45 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Why bother reading and replying to them then? If you don't like it, don't read it...how hard is that?
Not that hard at all thanks mate! The fact is if someone doesn't reply to crud like this, they think it's OK to post it! The reality of it is, we aren't fooled by the "what power" or the "how fast" or "what 1/4mile" start to a post that, then straight away turns into a, "how I drubbed his ***" theme. (Or perhaps you are?)
dave
Old 22 May 2006, 01:47 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

When I was last at school we were taught not to make up stories, as people would see through them right away....Ring any bells mate?
dave
English class must have been very boring then
Old 22 May 2006, 02:31 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

English class must have been very boring then
........................Shouldn't that be "English classes"?....
dave
Old 22 May 2006, 02:48 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

good to see despite the boredom of the classes you were paying attention ........ you passed me test
Old 22 May 2006, 02:52 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

........................Shouldn't that be "English classes"?....
dave
If you only went to 'one' lesson then it's English class. If you went to more, then classes or lessons as some others may call it.

Jap Import nice race. Hey love that..... Keep em coming you will always get the flame throwers.
Old 22 May 2006, 02:53 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Damn Misty I'm slow on the uptake.
Just realised why your such the **** on this forum, your one of those anti-scooby howlers who drives an Evo.

I know all about Evos, we had one as a company car.
Great motors for speed and track, but they love falling apart dont they!

You read way more into a thread than initially posted.
Did I say his girlfriend?
It may have been his wife.

And for the record I did'nt push him, I did'nt race him and I was'nt the one keeping someone out in the wrong lane not allowing them to come in.

Anyways yet another thread thats been killed by an **** hole well done!
Old 22 May 2006, 02:59 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

Jap one thing though is you say your not a racing nut (My words) but then you say this

"I got out by the side of him, changed gear (as I love my dump valve going off as I get by the side of em) and past I went."

Which says to me you do this often. Just an observation.
Old 22 May 2006, 02:59 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap Import
Just realised why your such the **** on this forum, your one of those anti-scooby howlers who drives an Evo.

And for the record I did'nt push him, I did'nt race him and I was'nt the one keeping someone out in the wrong lane not allowing them to come in.

You seem like a friendly chap

I think you need to ease up on your approach, alot of banter on SN and alot of different views no need to start calling names its not big, not clever and where does it get you on a BBS
Old 22 May 2006, 03:02 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Damn you found me out!!! Thing is mate I quite like scoobs I've had a couple. I stopped driving them when they became readily available to ******* such as yourself! What I really detest though is *** heads who come on here shouting the odds about how fast their car is!! Who, what, how, they have raced, toasted, burned etc. etc. You may have a scoob mate, but you don't impress me much.
Old 22 May 2006, 03:11 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

You may have a scoob mate, but you don't impress me much.
I hope thats not a generalisation accross all Subaru owners ..... actually i dont need you to be impressed all me mates down Macy Dee's are well impressed innit, who else has gold wheels to match their gold Argos bling ,

JAP IMPORT: What scoob have you got?
Old 22 May 2006, 03:12 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

Damn you found me out!!! Thing is mate I quite like scoobs I've had a couple. I stopped driving them when they became readily available to ******* such as yourself! What I really detest though is *** heads who come on here shouting the odds about how fast their car is!! Who, what, how, they have raced, toasted, burned etc. etc. You may have a scoob mate, but you don't impress me much.
Hi Misty as an observer to yours and Japs posts why can't he come on and say "hey I toasted a <insert car name here> today"? Why not. If you are offended by this type of thread you really shouldn't keep reading it. I don't like cajun music but I don't go on their websites and say just how bad I think the music is. Why waste your energy on something you don't like. Just an observation mate but if you must respond and try to belittle then please do if it makes you feel better.

Jap after a while you can ignore. Best tactic is just to completely ignore and continue talking about what you started the thread with.

Anyway whats the next car you gonna race ?
Old 22 May 2006, 03:17 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

His opinion is as valid as the next mans, if its something he feels strongly about why shouldnt he be able to voice his opinion?

This is the real world, people wont sing your praise all the time, you have to take criticism along with the praise and be open to others views, respecting them even if you dont agree with them, this applies to both Jap Imp and Misty
Old 22 May 2006, 03:18 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

If the thread was only in relation to the need to know the power of the a Ford car then a couple of observations;

1/ It should be in other marques as its a question about another marque, but as a newbie I can understand the error
2/ There would have been no need for the whole 'racey ooo I have a dump valve' part of the post. Just a question was needed like, "Where do I go to get the stats on Ford Cars please?"
Because these things didnt happen together, it suggests that the actual purpose of the thread was to post about a little race but to masquerade the thread with a question in the hope that the grown ups who are anti street racing wouldnt catch on and have a go...

Alas the way the story is told "I dont like sitting behind cars for long", "I like to blip to dump valve when alongside , suggests a boy racer hoping to be told that the Focus St is 15000bhp and yet his scoob managed to comfortably overtake it etc... Which would not be big or clever

It's only the mentally numb and the children on here who condone speeding / street racing, so there will always be (and rightly so) a collective who slate threads implying such illegal activity occured.
Old 22 May 2006, 03:31 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

If the thread was only in relation to the need to know the power of the a Ford car then a couple of observations;

1/ It should be in other marques as its a question about another marque, but as a newbie I can understand the error
2/ There would have been no need for the whole 'racey ooo I have a dump valve' part of the post. Just a question was needed like, "Where do I go to get the stats on Ford Cars please?"
Because these things didnt happen together, it suggests that the actual purpose of the thread was to post about a little race but to masquerade the thread with a question in the hope that the grown ups who are anti street racing wouldnt catch on and have a go...

Alas the way the story is told "I dont like sitting behind cars for long", "I like to blip to dump valve when alongside , suggests a boy racer hoping to be told that the Focus St is 15000bhp and yet his scoob managed to comfortably overtake it etc... Which would not be big or clever

It's only the mentally numb and the children on here who condone speeding / street racing, so there will always be (and rightly so) a collective who slate threads implying such illegal activity occured.
Like a breath of fresh air
dave
Old 22 May 2006, 03:43 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

Abdabz

"It's only the mentally numb and the children on here who condone speeding / street racing, so there will always be (and rightly so) a collective who slate threads implying such illegal activity occured. "

Erm did he say he was 'speeding' and is overtaking, street racing? So can you say why this is illegal please? Just a question. Maybe your own mindset has caused you to read something in the post that actually isn't there....

Psst I do think he was bragging but I cannot say from the post that he was doing something illegal
Old 22 May 2006, 03:51 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Reano.

As I pulled out I could see the blue oval suck to the road (he booted it).

This sounds very much like racing to me!!!
dave
Old 22 May 2006, 04:03 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that hard at all thanks mate! The fact is if someone doesn't reply to crud like this, they think it's OK to post it! The reality of it is, we aren't fooled by the "what power" or the "how fast" or "what 1/4mile" start to a post that, then straight away turns into a, "how I drubbed his ***" theme. (Or perhaps you are?)
dave

Well, 7 posts later and you are still replying to a thread with content that you a bored and sick with. Why not just ignore it, move along and contribute in something that doesn't bore you? It's a big enough forum and there's room for everybody
Old 22 May 2006, 04:07 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

Reano.

This sounds very much like racing to me!!!
dave
Hey Misty don't get me wrong I'm with you in that I think he posted it just to brag about beating the car (see my post previously). BTW you should have seen me beat this Honda s2000 loler anyway back to the point. The post does not say he did anything illegal (thats what I'm saying). Is overtaking street racing? Which is what he said. Everyone overtakes someone however, when would you call it street racing. Many times I've indicated to a car that I'm turning, or overtaking, etc and the car reacts by blocking me off e.g. as I come in from the outside lane to the inside to then take an exit they speed up or the same the other way round to go into the outside lane. If I really need that exit I will put my foot down and accelerate hard. Am I now a street racer?
Old 22 May 2006, 04:19 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by reano
Jap one thing though is you say your not a racing nut (My words) but then you say this

"I got out by the side of him, changed gear (as I love my dump valve going off as I get by the side of em) and past I went."

Which says to me you do this often. Just an observation.
Yes I do overtake often.
Thats not street racing though surely

Quick Reply: What Power From A Focus ST