Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has the S.W.R.T. lost it's Grip??

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2006, 07:33 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Has the S.W.R.T. lost it's Grip??

After the 2 non finishes in Italy this weekend has the Subaru world Rally Team lost it's grip, because their performance recently has been very very poor.
Cheers
Colin

Last edited by Scoob99; 21 May 2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 21 May 2006, 07:41 PM
Anthony Crichton-Wheeler
Scooby Regular

Excruciatingly hideous wasn't it? First the tyres were failing and then there are mechanical problems. No wonder poor Petter was speechless

I could have wept for him. He looked sooo cute in that footage though
Old 21 May 2006, 07:59 PM
graeme.
Scooby Regular

At least the Subaru rally cars resemble the road going version.

How many Citroens, Peugeots, Fords, etc, do you see with 4 wheel drive, proper suspension, power.......??

The rules should be changed, as all the other cars have a massive advantage over the Subaru - i.e. - smaller, lighter, etc.

Some might even call it unfair, others might even call them cheating *******s !!!

Regards,
Graeme.

Last edited by graeme.; 21 May 2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 21 May 2006, 08:04 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by graeme.

How many Citroens, Peugeots, Fords, etc, do you see with 4 wheel drive, proper suspension, power.......??

The rules should be changed, as all the other cars have a massive advantage over the Subaru - i.e. - smaller, lighter, etc.

Some might even call it unfair, others might even call them cheating *******s !!!

Regards,
Graeme.
Agreed 100%, i often wonder why they dont try track/touring type days, these seem to be much fairer than rallies,,,
Old 21 May 2006, 08:04 PM
Anthony Crichton-Wheeler
Scooby Regular

Regards,
Graeme.
You are right, I only thought that myself. I have never liked the French and I don't like their cars The homo rules should state that a proper production version with the same running gear and chassis should be produced for less than £28k. That should rule out Ford
Old 21 May 2006, 08:09 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Ie get back to group A rules.

But then ford/citroen/peugot pull out and you get Subaru and Mitsi scrapping for the title alone again.

Hum, sounds ok to me

Last edited by Gary C; 21 May 2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 21 May 2006, 08:21 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I dont suppose Mr Atkinson helped Subaru's cause by stuffing his car so close to the end of the rally. When i saw his jump on stage 8 i thought he was trying to fly to the finish line
Its a good job there aren't many options for drivers these days or Petter would be off like a shot.
Nik
Old 21 May 2006, 08:29 PM
Anthony Crichton-Wheeler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
I dont suppose Mr Atkinson helped Subaru's cause by stuffing his car so close to the end of the rally. When i saw his jump on stage 8 i thought he was trying to fly to the finish line
Its a good job there aren't many options for drivers these days or Petter would be off like a shot.
Nik
I remember when Petter joined Subaru. He was an embarrasment and let SWRT down at every event. Since then he has reached a peak and seems to be on a downward spiral though to be fair the cars keep letting the boy down. What annoys me is that SWRT employ "trainee" drivers who become competent then run off to other camps, just look at Marko Martin. Cut his teeth with SWRT (and was utter rubbish) then triumphed with Ford. SWRT need to recruit some professionals. Bring Colin McCrae back or get Marcus Gronholm to sign for Subaru in 2008. I suppose we should get Loeb but he is French Nice looking though
Old 21 May 2006, 08:40 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Regards,
Graeme.
Cast your mind back..... The WRC spec was derived by and lobbied for by Prodrive/SWRT! At inception they had a WRC-spec car built, tested and ready to go giving them a huge advantage over all other teams!

Simon
Old 21 May 2006, 09:16 PM
ukbob
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Regards,
Graeme.
what makes you think prodrive dont bend the rules? all the cars have 4wd,all weigh the same,the rest is down to drivers,build quality and tyres.
Old 21 May 2006, 10:02 PM
Sizer
Scooby Regular

Where can I get a list of what rallyings on tv and when, i always seem to miss it??
Old 21 May 2006, 10:19 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anthony Crichton-Wheeler

I could have wept for him. He looked sooo cute in that footage though

we should get Loeb but he is French Nice looking though
let me get this straight you are a bloke are you??? or arent you???
Old 22 May 2006, 10:48 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I did think the same, but each to their own. If he likes a "long 'un up the wrong 'un"......... fair play to ya

Dan
Old 22 May 2006, 12:07 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Pirelli have got quite a bit to answer for rather than just SWRT/Prodrive.

Would love to see the scoob run on some BF Goodrich tyres like the rest of the top runners to see how much difference they really make.
Old 22 May 2006, 12:09 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sizer
Where can I get a list of what rallyings on tv and when, i always seem to miss it??
The 1 hour highlights (yep thats all ) is normally shown on the Sunday at the end of the rally.

Yesterday it was shown on ITV4 at 6.00p.m. and again on ITV1 at about midnight.

I think it is also repeated on Men & Motors on Monday nights.
Old 22 May 2006, 12:51 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
The 1 hour highlights (yep thats all ) is normally shown on the Sunday at the end of the rally.

Yesterday it was shown on ITV4 at 6.00p.m. and again on ITV1 at about midnight.

I think it is also repeated on Men & Motors on Monday nights.
or alternatively, if you have satellite/cable, Eurosport UK normally show coverage of each days stages at varying times the same evening or early the following morning followed by full rally summary a few days after the end of the event. However, their scheduled timings do tend to be a bit erractic and aren't always guaranteed so even if you set-up to record the program sometimes you don't get it!!!
Old 22 May 2006, 12:56 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

I think a big problem is the cr+p tyres that pirelli are making, they just dont perform aswell as the other for their cars! Therefore Petter is pushing the subaru harder and harder and then he get reliability issues and an awful lot of bad luck over the last 12months!!! I dont understand why teams sign up for sponsership deals with tyre suppliers for such along time! Ferrari have had the same problem with bridgestone until recently.

I would like to see petter in the model subaru that he won the championship with! that was reliable, fast and he enjoyed driving it! that bloody xsara is how old????? yet still wins, the new cars performance must not have been improved that much if loeb can still win comfortably!
Old 22 May 2006, 04:44 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Eye off the ball looking at other projects (single seater's) senior guys are all posturing and posing for a place in Dave Richards new team.
Old 22 May 2006, 05:06 PM
ChungsterSTI
Scooby Regular

WRC is becoming a bit like F1 - Citroen/Loeb = Renault/Alonso

Is it really just down to the tyres? The other teams are using BF Goodrich this year. Have you heard of them in Rallying before? I certainly haven't.

How can they come in and produce a tyre that works much like the Michelin did yet Pirelli who have had sooo much time to get it right - still hasn't?

Atkinson is good on his day but he's building a reputation like that of Francois Duval.

Gotta say seeing Loeb running away with the championship and with Gronholm being the only close challenger is rather boring on an entertainment front.
Old 22 May 2006, 05:11 PM
Smatt
Scooby Regular

I remember when Petter joined Subaru. He was an embarrasment and let SWRT down at every event. Since then he has reached a peak and seems to be on a downward spiral though to be fair the cars keep letting the boy down. What annoys me is that SWRT employ "trainee" drivers who become competent then run off to other camps, just look at Marko Martin. Cut his teeth with SWRT (and was utter rubbish) then triumphed with Ford. SWRT need to recruit some professionals. Bring Colin McCrae back or get Marcus Gronholm to sign for Subaru in 2008. I suppose we should get Loeb but he is French Nice looking though
The truth of the Solberg to Subaru & Marko to Ford was that Solberg had a 5 year deal with Ford. Prodrive found a loophole in the contract & Petter moved after 8 months. Marko moved or was pushed rather than be left on the sidelines.

Yes the 04 car was more reliable & a better package (apart from watersplashes). I suspect that the new car in a straight race, would set faster stage times if Petter drove them back to back.

The other teams are working as well, taking steps forward. What SWRT need is the odd leap to bridge the gap. Kronos are a face for Citroen. They do not keep or prep the car, it is all done by Citroen. The car is delivered before & picked up after each rally. During this season they have been getting new parts homologated & fitted all the time.

Ford have been moving the new Focus forward, it may not seem so at times, but they are. They use the company that prepared the Peugeot engines working on theirs. The Peugeot is well regarded in the service as the most powerful. So hopefully they will get to grips with the Citroen.
Old 22 May 2006, 06:42 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
let me get this straight you are a bloke are you??? or arent you???
Obviously you don't know what Canal street in Manchester is then...... It's the place to go if you are interested in meeting the other gay (or thousand) in the village, which apears to be handy for Anthony.
Old 22 May 2006, 07:37 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

errr i dont wanna go to canal street then , not now , not ever , ever , ever .. ill leave gay street (sorry i mean) **** street , DoH canal street for the fudgepackers
Old 22 May 2006, 07:42 PM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

Peel of the BF Goodrich stickers and it will have Michelin underneath.
Sister companies.

The WRC must be the only form of World Motorsport that has went so far backwards in such a short amount of time.

Due to a stupid rule change, at the end of 2003, they went from having 6 or 7 top class drivers all capable of winning; to 3.
So Loeb has a reliable car, the best tyres and a whole lot of easy wins with no-one to challenge him.

David
Old 22 May 2006, 08:00 PM
Anthony Crichton-Wheeler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
Obviously you don't know what Canal street in Manchester is then...... It's the place to go if you are interested in meeting the other gay (or thousand) in the village, which apears to be handy for Anthony.
Oooh aren't you terribly perceptive
Old 22 May 2006, 08:02 PM
Anthony Crichton-Wheeler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
errr i dont wanna go to canal street then , not now , not ever , ever , ever .. ill leave gay street (sorry i mean) **** street , DoH canal street for the fudgepackers
You wouldn't slag off an asian or other ethnic using derogatory terms would you

So why slag me off in that manner

By the way, do Scotsmen wear knickers under their kilts

Last edited by Anthony Crichton-Wheeler; 22 May 2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 22 May 2006, 09:08 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

You wouldn't slag off an asian or other ethnic using derogatory terms would you

So why slag me off in that manner
well they dont come here saying this blokes cute and that blokes cute do they

By the way, do Scotsmen wear knickers under their kilts
well not a real scotsman anyway!! only the ones who are a bit embarrased about the size of there tackle! , well i dont lol
Old 22 May 2006, 09:18 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Oooh aren't you terribly perceptive
No need for perception, it's in your profile you proudly display "A stones throw from Canal Street - very handy!!" and you keep saying how cute men are. As a Manchester lad it's hard not to know what you are happy to publicly state means you are Gay, or did i use a non PC term these days for being Homosexual?
Old 23 May 2006, 08:05 PM
Anthony Crichton-Wheeler
Scooby Regular

No need for perception, it's in your profile you proudly display "A stones throw from Canal Street - very handy!!" and you keep saying how cute men are. As a Manchester lad it's hard not to know what you are happy to publicly state means you are Gay, or did i use a non PC term these days for being Homosexual?
Sorry mate, I don't normally flaunt it but I was a little tiddly last night

No offence mate
Old 23 May 2006, 08:14 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Rallying is the best sport there is, it dumbfounds me as to why it is not more popular.

Prefer the brc and irc though as they seem more interesting that wrc
Old 23 May 2006, 11:15 PM
v15ben
Scooby Newbie

There has been a major uproar on Canal Street recently when some joker tippexed the first letters of each word off the road signs. Think about it for a while

Quick Reply: Has the S.W.R.T. lost it's Grip??