Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do other forums slag their own cars?

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2006, 12:20 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Do other forums slag their own cars?

Sadly, I'm getting to the stage where I can no longer visit scoobynet.

I'm sick of the constant "Imprezas are ****!" on the forum that is supposed to compliment the ownership of these cars.

If you've got a classic, you drive a chav ****mobile.

If you've got a newage WRX, you drive a slow-arsed french hatchback fodder ****mobile.

If you drive any of the STIs, you obviously couldn't afford an EVO - which is much better in every respect. Plus its a ****mobile.

I don't visit other manufacturer or vehicle specific forums, but those that do please tell me that this habit of constant negative comments regarding the car in question isn't just the sole passtime of scoobynet.

I mean FFS, 205s are quite popular on here with some members and look at the build quality on them!!!! I've had 3 so I know what I'm talking about but you don't see the 205 forums having threads like "OMG, what a badly built french pile of crap" At least their they ignore their cars failings and enjoy what it does best - drive!

I'm well aware that other cars are better built. That other cars are faster, That other cars handle better. What I don't need is to come on to a forum I usually enjoy to feel part of the Subaru "Clan" and read thread after thread of why I should have bought another car and how **** my car is.

Off my chest at last.
Old 09 May 2006, 12:33 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said.
F
Old 09 May 2006, 12:34 PM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ignore em mate. There are, basically, three camps on SN

1) Scoobies are the fastest things on 4 wheels and always will be so nerrrrrrrrrr
2) They're really slow, outdragged by a milkfloat, chav wagons etc....
3) Sensible people like you and I. We just see them as quick cars well suited to the UK, with lots of scope for tuning, great character, easy to live with and good value for money. We acknowledge that there are other cars out there with a similar remit, some do it better, some do it worse etc...

I have little time for camps one and two; they're both as silly as each other to be honest, but can have good entertainment value.

Ns04
Old 09 May 2006, 12:38 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

my MY00 is ******* awsome and I will not sell it unless I really really have to !!!!
Old 09 May 2006, 12:41 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

You will probably find that other forum members dont have time to slag off their own cars because they are always taking the p*ss out of Scoobynet members.
Can't say i blame them when you read some of the posts on this site.
Makes me wonder why all the sccoby slaters dont just sell up and by a Vectra.
The quality and contents of threads lately has definately taken a nose dive in my opinion.
I used to enjoy reading informative posts but nowadays they are 80% cack!
Nik.
Old 09 May 2006, 12:57 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Maybe its because SNET has been around a while now, and as such has a larger following than most car enthusiast sites.
Also what comes with the larger following, are more diverse opinions.
There are arguably more differences in the Scooby MY's to other marques.
(but that one is guesswork )
Because of the difference in scooby specs, peoples opinions vary from MY to MY, on what is good/bad/incompatible for someone elses car.

Most hot marques i suppose will have an element of "chav" users, so what.

If scoobies were so bad, why would there be such a large following on this website
Old 09 May 2006, 01:08 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Foot_Tapper

If scoobies were so bad, why would there be such a large following on this website
I'm only on here for the pictures of lovely ladies and their bewbies!!

Ns04
Old 09 May 2006, 01:09 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
You will probably find that other forum members dont have time to slag off their own cars because they are always taking the p*ss out of Scoobynet members.
Can't say i blame them when you read some of the posts on this site.
Makes me wonder why all the sccoby slaters dont just sell up and by a Vectra.
The quality and contents of threads lately has definately taken a nose dive in my opinion.
I used to enjoy reading informative posts but nowadays they are 80% cack!
Nik.
I agree with that. At least i'm getting more work done by not reading the threads.

It has changed the last few months.
Old 09 May 2006, 01:16 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04

Ns04
methinks you got lost, and just ended up on here
Old 09 May 2006, 01:26 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

A few people buy Impreza's thinking it will make them a driving god.

When then crash the car, or get beaten by something else they will then slate the car, instead of admiting it is often the driver who lets it down!!!

I used to get wound up by certain people on here who only want to bad mouth the car.....now i just laugh at the fact the waste their day coming on here slagging off a car they used to like, instead of just moving on.
Old 09 May 2006, 01:33 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EddScott

I'm sick of the constant "Imprezas are ****!" on the forum that is supposed to compliment the ownership of these cars.

If you've got a newage WRX, you drive a slow-arsed french hatchback fodder ****mobile.

If you drive any of the STIs, you obviously couldn't afford an EVO - which is much better in every respect. Plus its a ****mobile.

I don't visit other manufacturer or vehicle specific forums, but those that do please tell me that this habit of constant negative comments regarding the car in question isn't just the sole passtime of scoobynet.

I mean FFS, 205s are quite popular on here with some members and look at the build quality on them!!!! I've had 3 so I know what I'm talking about but you don't see the 205 forums having threads like "OMG, what a badly built french pile of crap" At least their they ignore their cars failings and enjoy what it does best - drive!

I'm well aware that other cars are better built. That other cars are faster, That other cars handle better. What I don't need is to come on to a forum I usually enjoy to feel part of the Subaru "Clan" and read thread after thread of why I should have bought another car and how **** my car is.

Off my chest at last.
Totally agree!
Old 09 May 2006, 01:54 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

The only other forum I regularly frequent is Briskoda.net. As a rule it's a pretty sensible site that doesn't tend to slag off either Skodas or other makes

If only some Fabia vRS drivers understood that they're not driving the fastest Czech car around

Too many people nowadays have a low opinion of Subarus, I'm afraid. My younger son's reaction when he sees an Impreza is "look Dad - chav car". He is of course, severely beaten for such remarks

You don't need Subaru owners slagging each other off as well
Old 09 May 2006, 01:55 PM
RJDS
Scooby Regular

Bob on !
Old 09 May 2006, 02:17 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Ns04
what bewbies??? they are always vaped b4 I get a chance to see any
Old 09 May 2006, 02:25 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Just because you are on an owners club it doesnt mean the car doesnt have any faults.

This isnt fluffy bunny land where everyone pretends the cars are perfect.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:36 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Just because you are on an owners club it doesnt mean the car doesnt have any faults.

This isnt fluffy bunny land where everyone pretends the cars are perfect.
Anyone who is an enthusiast of their particular choice of car (Subaru, Peugeot etc) will sit down and write out every single problem, fault, niggle and quirk of the breed and then happily jump in said car for a 3 hour journey and still have a smile when they get out.

Its not that I'm suggesting we should all think Subarus are perfect, its just very frustrating when every other thread is slagging the marque off. If people don't like the cars, then why the hell come here in the first place.

Think NS04 got it about right

Quote:

1) Scoobies are the fastest things on 4 wheels and always will be so nerrrrrrrrrr
3) Sensible people like you and I. We just see them as quick cars well suited to the UK, with lots of scope for tuning, great character, easy to live with and good value for money. We acknowledge that there are other cars out there with a similar remit, some do it better, some do it worse etc...
Old 09 May 2006, 02:37 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I'm on a Lotus forum, and there's always banter between s1 and s2 owners.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:39 PM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

It happens on all of them, i use a CTR forum and same as there.Human nature i'm afraid.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:55 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Off my chest at last.
could'nt agree more
i think there is alot of non subaru owning people on here just taking the ****
Old 09 May 2006, 03:06 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I love my MY00 and don't care what people think, as was said earlier, how sad is it to be a member of a forum just to slag things off?

Just laugh and ignore them!
Old 09 May 2006, 03:11 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i'm the same mate my MY00 cool as **** and i dont care what anyone thinks about it (sonic blue and yes i've got a dump valve)
Old 09 May 2006, 03:16 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I'm on a Lotus forum, and there's always banter between s1 and s2 owners.
About which one spends more time being towed per chance??

ns04
Old 09 May 2006, 03:17 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

About which one spends more time being towed per chance??

ns04
Which one looks nicer, is more rawer
Old 09 May 2006, 03:17 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Foot_Tapper
methinks you got lost, and just ended up on here
Tis true, I was only after pics of bewbies all along and stumbled across SN cause of the SN wives post!!

Ns04
Old 09 May 2006, 03:20 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Spot on!

I am a number 3 by the way!

I don't really come into the ScoobyNet General section much anymore due to so many threads being so negative all the time. Generally the negative comments are made by the same people too, over and over and over again.
Old 09 May 2006, 03:21 PM
Spankathon
Scooby Regular

Off my chest at last.
Get a grip.... its a public forum.... unfortunately (for you) people can put whatever they want on here.

Yes, some people love their Scoobs, and good on them, some people think they are slow, thats their opinion, the people that disagree and say they are quick are doing the exact same thing.

I for one wanted a Scoob for so long... but when it came down to actually buying one I was so disappointed with them, and bought something else... I dont come on here just to slag, but if someone comes out with silly comments like some people do (for £20K you can't buy better) then I will comment, and I am perfectly within my rights to do so.
Old 09 May 2006, 03:26 PM
MY00PPP
Scooby Regular

I post/read on a BWM forum also.

Very serious business on there!. Bit like comparing a trip down the pub lunch time with the guys from your office (SN) and a trip out to lunch with your big boss (BM forum).

Plenty of older EARLY 3 series newbies come on the site having saved up a couple grand (start seeing the parralells now) and looking for modding info.

In general the forum is pro BMW full stop. Never any slagging off - either of cars or members.

Now, not saying this is right or wrong...just posting my expereinces of the world that is life outside of SN

Cheers
Rich
Old 09 May 2006, 03:29 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Tis true, I was only after pics of bewbies all along and stumbled across SN cause of the SN wives post!!

Ns04

classy thread wasnt it, do miss it

shame really cos i had more pics of my ex-missus to post, but the thread got vaped..ah shame

any way back to the topic..where were we
Old 09 May 2006, 03:29 PM
Daniel-S
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Spot on!

I am a number 3 by the way!

I don't really come into the ScoobyNet General section much anymore due to so many threads being so negative all the time. Generally the negative comments are made by the same people too, over and over and over again.
Same here i just use here for techy stuff
Old 09 May 2006, 03:47 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

I love my STI especially after an idiot in his focus ST lost it tryin to keep up with me round the twisties and visited the hedge last week

Imprezas are still the benchmark value for money fast car every other car is rated against in its class and price range, it isnt always the fastest, it isnt the best inside, it isnt best handling, it doesnt have the most grip, BUT...it is pretty much up there in all of these categories vs price which is what makes it a good all round car which 1,000s enjoy every day and many want to own. Of course some hate them, imprezas aren't everyone's cuppa, but typical of very popular websites you get the '*** brigade' who just want a flame war and talk rubbish, every popular site gets 'em, best policy..ignore them, the majority here love their Scoobs.

NB Yes I did turn round go back and check he was ok! nice chap actually, now wants to bin his Focus and get an STI bless

Quick Reply: Do other forums slag their own cars?