ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

back pressure in water system advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2006, 11:21 PM
KENSHIRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back pressure in water system advice please

ok drivin along the road in my 95 classic everythings ok and the temp gauge moves slightly but when i stop and the cars cooling down i notice water dripping from the water bottle behind the passenger side head light the one with the over flow pipe ....ive had some opinions on it saying i have an air lock cause by my head gasket goin and them sum peaple have said about the thermostat not working any advice dudes im gettin worried here

well theres no water gettin into the oil and there no water coming out of the manifold and i havnt had any power loss and all the leaks have been coming from the overflow (well that corner anyway)

also the temp gauge isnt goin sky and it slightly rising and staying at a constant temp but im replacing the thermostat 2morrow as we suspect its only half working that plus an air lock may cause the back pressure im told ..............................yes it could be the head fingers crossed not i only got the car 2 weeks ago and have only drove it 50 miles since friday when my insurence started

Last edited by KENSHIRO; 08 May 2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08 May 2006, 12:12 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KENSHIRO
ok drivin along the road in my 95 classic everythings ok and the temp gauge moves slightly but when i stop and the cars cooling down i notice water dripping from the water bottle behind the passenger side head light the one with the over flow pipe ....ive had some opinions on it saying i have an air lock cause by my head gasket goin and them sum peaple have said about the thermostat not working any advice dudes im gettin worried here

well theres no water gettin into the oil and there no water coming out of the manifold and i havnt had any power loss and all the leaks have been coming from the overflow (well that corner anyway)

also the temp gauge isnt goin sky and it slightly rising and staying at a constant temp high but im replacing the thermostat 2morrow as we suspect its only half working that plus an air lock may cause the back pressure im told ..............................yes it could be the head fingers crossed not i only got the car 2 weeks ago and have only drove it 50 miles since friday when my insurence started
im gonna have a wild guess ere m8

but have a look at the, cap for the water and check the rubber seal on it is ok, if its damaged u could lose the water cos of that.

sorry couldnt help more
Old 08 May 2006, 12:13 AM
KENSHIRO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI Craig
im gonna have a wild guess ere m8

but have a look at the, cap for the water and check the rubber seal on it is ok, if its damaged u could lose the water cos of that.

sorry couldnt help more
is that the gasket on the header tank ?
Old 08 May 2006, 12:36 PM
KENSHIRO
Scooby Regular

erm any0ne
Old 08 May 2006, 12:44 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

One way the head gasket fails is combustion gasses entering the water, pressurising your system. So if water is being thrown out of the overflow it can be that. There is a simple test that any garage can do that checks the water for presence of combustion gasses, confirming a blown head gasket.