ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   back pressure in water system advice please (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/513653-back-pressure-in-water-system-advice-please.html)

KENSHIRO 07 May 2006 11:21 PM

back pressure in water system advice please

ok drivin along the road in my 95 classic everythings ok and the temp gauge moves slightly but when i stop and the cars cooling down i notice water dripping from the water bottle behind the passenger side head light the one with the over flow pipe ....ive had some opinions on it saying i have an air lock cause by my head gasket goin and them sum peaple have said about the thermostat not working any advice dudes im gettin worried here :wonder: :cry:

well theres no water gettin into the oil and there no water coming out of the manifold and i havnt had any power loss and all the leaks have been coming from the overflow (well that corner anyway)

also the temp gauge isnt goin sky and it slightly rising and staying at a constant temp but im replacing the thermostat 2morrow as we suspect its only half working that plus an air lock may cause the back pressure im told ..............................yes it could be the head fingers crossed not i only got the car 2 weeks ago and have only drove it 50 miles since friday when my insurence started

STI Craig 08 May 2006 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by KENSHIRO
ok drivin along the road in my 95 classic everythings ok and the temp gauge moves slightly but when i stop and the cars cooling down i notice water dripping from the water bottle behind the passenger side head light the one with the over flow pipe ....ive had some opinions on it saying i have an air lock cause by my head gasket goin and them sum peaple have said about the thermostat not working any advice dudes im gettin worried here :wonder: :cry:

well theres no water gettin into the oil and there no water coming out of the manifold and i havnt had any power loss and all the leaks have been coming from the overflow (well that corner anyway)

also the temp gauge isnt goin sky and it slightly rising and staying at a constant temp high but im replacing the thermostat 2morrow as we suspect its only half working that plus an air lock may cause the back pressure im told ..............................yes it could be the head fingers crossed not i only got the car 2 weeks ago and have only drove it 50 miles since friday when my insurence started

im gonna have a wild guess ere m8

but have a look at the, cap for the water and check the rubber seal on it is ok, if its damaged u could lose the water cos of that.

sorry couldnt help more :(

KENSHIRO 08 May 2006 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by STI Craig
im gonna have a wild guess ere m8

but have a look at the, cap for the water and check the rubber seal on it is ok, if its damaged u could lose the water cos of that.

sorry couldnt help more :(

is that the gasket on the header tank ?:wonder:

KENSHIRO 08 May 2006 12:36 PM

erm any0ne :cry:

Jay m A 08 May 2006 12:44 PM

One way the head gasket fails is combustion gasses entering the water, pressurising your system. So if water is being thrown out of the overflow it can be that. There is a simple test that any garage can do that checks the water for presence of combustion gasses, confirming a blown head gasket.