Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stafford Scoobies - Urgent Warning!

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2006, 08:24 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stafford Scoobies - Urgent Warning!

At some point last night, some festerin' barstewards attempted to break into our 05 STi by trying to dig out the rear window seal, trashing the entire window in the process & on failing to do so, proceeded to vandalise the car by ripping out side indicator lights & (for some strange reason!) spraying the vents & surrounding area under the windscreen wipers with what looks like the sort of polyurethane foam you use for plugging holes/insulation purposes in DIY! (Stuff that expands & sets rock hard!)

Anyhow, we are out in the sticks, (near Woodseaves), so our tiny hamlet (four cottages!) is an 'easy target' I guess but keep your eyes on your 'loved ones' people, just in case they decide to try again & venture further into town!

Infuriating thing is, we didn't even hear the bloomin' alarm go off - tried it this morning & could barely hear it through the solid brick walls & three solid wood doors on the other side of the cottage!

Noticed two cars trailing slowly & repeatedly up & down last night, no idea of make/model as never got a good look at 'em but both saloons/hatchbacks that didn't seem to 'belong' (this is Fourtrack country! LOL), one navy blue with two men in it & one mid blue with four blokes in it!
Slowed down/stopped both outside the cottage & the stables opposite but there again, nothing hugely unusual in that, as people are always getting lost out here & stopping to ask for directions!

Dammit, dammit, dammit!
Old 03 May 2006, 09:27 AM
classic scooby doo
Scooby Regular

There are some right mindless t**ts about! This sort of thing really winds me up. Sorry to hear about your misfortune mate lets hope they get caught doing it elsewhere and get a good old beating.
Old 03 May 2006, 10:04 AM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict
spraying the vents & surrounding area under the windscreen wipers with what looks like the sort of polyurethane foam you use for plugging holes/insulation purposes in DIY! (Stuff that expands & sets rock hard!)

that was probably to stop you hearing the alarm as they may have thought the siren section was in that geenral area. plug the holes around the bonnet and no or little sounds emits from under the bonnet.

sorry to hear about that though
Old 03 May 2006, 10:08 AM
graeme.
Scooby Regular

It sometimes takes a shock like this to make you realise it's time to upgrade the security.

Expensive: possibly.

cctv ?

pir linked to an alarm ?

Stick a baby monitor in the car at night and have the receiver next to the bed. You can hear a moth fart at 400 yards.

Get scenes of crime out and hopefully they will find a print or dna.

Hope you catch the jealous B'stards.

Be careful about confronting anyone if you catch them, they will do "anything" to escape. Leave it to the Police.

Regards,
Graeme.
Old 03 May 2006, 10:56 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyboy840
that was probably to stop you hearing the alarm as they may have thought the siren section was in that geenral area. plug the holes around the bonnet and no or little sounds emits from under the bonnet.
Never thought of that, I just presumed it was sheer bl**dy spite!
'Course, the stuff goes on like a 'hot' liquid & then expands & sets, so has melted all the plastic under & around the vents!
Old 03 May 2006, 11:02 AM
Rodintee
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the heads-up

I live nearby in Haughton and will an extra eye-out.

Hope you get it sorted without too many hassles

Some stupid mindless tw*ts about isn't there.

Russ
Old 03 May 2006, 11:32 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by graeme.
Stick a baby monitor in the car at night and have the receiver next to the bed. You can hear a moth fart at 400 yards.
What a damn good idea. Never thought of that. Just gotta wait for the nipper not to need it.

Trending Topics

Old 03 May 2006, 12:21 PM
scoobysnacker
Scooby Newbie

arrggghhhh shot the lot of em theifng barstewards
Old 03 May 2006, 12:50 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

STAFFORD SCOOBIES - NOW VERY URGENT NOTICE!

A Nissan Skyline has just been found in a field a 100 yards up the road from us!
Again, sprayed with foam & again, side indicator ripped out & wires fiddled with (trying to disable alarm maybe?), quite a bit of damage to dash/stereo etc., so a nasty surprise for the poor s*d that owns that one too!

If you know ANYONE with an Impreza/Evo/Skyline etc. in the Stafford area, PLEASE warn them to be extra vigilant at the mo, so nobody else's cars get trashed or pinched, (or both!)

(Both cars were damaged in the Haughton/Eccleshall/Woodseaves triangle, though the Skyline was stolen & driven there, so could've come from anywhere!)

Cheers guys!
Old 03 May 2006, 02:48 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

was skyline blue ?
Old 03 May 2006, 03:08 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ninjacost
was skyline blue ?
Never saw it myself but I THINK friend said it was silver or grey, pretty sure anyway!
Old 03 May 2006, 05:14 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict
Never saw it myself but I THINK friend said it was silver or grey, pretty sure anyway!
ok saw blue skyline about 11ish pulling out of a lane between newport and woodseaves r32 i think,bit worrying this i visit relatives in that neck of the woods