Sponsored by:

Black impreza stolen with blackjax

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2006, 03:33 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black impreza stolen with blackjax

My wifes car - was at Stonleigh today for the kit car show and it was taken from car park 2. They managed to get passed the standard security and the police scrambled a chopper but it is nowhere to be seen. Betweem 12 and 1.15.

Black 03 Sti PPP 18" pro drive oz alloys reg D3BBM.

There were a few scoobys in the car park - if you saw anything please let me know -GUTTED.

Paul.
Old 30 April 2006, 03:58 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why hasnt blackjaxx stopped it, or has it but it cant be found ??

suppose blackjaxx has its limits, it may stop the car, but if it stopped it in a field then they can still strip it, gutted matey, it`ll turn up, safe and sound, probably in another car park or summut after they got rumbled hopefully, fingers crossed.

waankers !!!
Old 30 April 2006, 04:00 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Blackjax doesent stop a low loader picking your car up..

Did it have a Tracker Mate ?

Sorry about the loss
Old 30 April 2006, 04:01 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

low loader, bit exessive but not impossible i guess ! surely some1 would of sussed a low loader picking up a scoob !?!?
Old 30 April 2006, 04:45 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
low loader, bit exessive but not impossible i guess ! surely some1 would of sussed a low loader picking up a scoob !?!?
Why would someone sus with a low loader,Someone is picking a car up with a recovery truck-:Everyone assumes the cars broken down, no passer by would bat an eye lid
Old 30 April 2006, 04:50 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

well,normally a car fitted with blackjaxx is gonna have a good alarm with tilt sensors i would of thought, plus,the doors wouldnt be open, or the steering wheel wouldnt be able to move due to steering lock,handbrake would be on, scrapping rear wheels along, id suss summut,but maybe im paranoid ?!?!

and, i would of thought there wouldnt of been much space in front of it at a car show, for a low loader ot get in front ?!?!

maybe i "presume" too much
Old 30 April 2006, 05:36 PM
Scuuby_wrx
Scooby Regular

Whats the world coming to............lets hope you get it back
Old 30 April 2006, 05:37 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Blackjaxx wouldnt have let the car moev more than about half a mile so if the police look within a half mile radius of the place from which it was stolen that would be a good start...
Having tried my blackjaxx for fun when I first got it, the car wouldnt make it a mile without making my ears bleed, flashing like an xmas tree and conking out
So it must have been bypassed which is worrying... Car thieves who can get past cat1 alarms/immobilisers and blackjaxx are skilled and that's not good

Sorry for your loss - As an owner of a black scoob with blackjaxx it really hits home
Old 30 April 2006, 06:27 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS PEOPLE CAN STILL TAKE OUR CARS IT ANNOYS ME.
I SOLD MY CAR 3 WEEKS AGO WITHIN 3 DAYS IT WAS STOLEN.ITS PUTTING ME OFF BUYING ANOTHER SCOOB OR EVO.
Old 30 April 2006, 06:27 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
well,normally a car fitted with blackjaxx is gonna have a good alarm with tilt sensors i would of thought, plus,the doors wouldnt be open, or the steering wheel wouldnt be able to move due to steering lock,handbrake would be on, scrapping rear wheels along, id suss summut,but maybe im paranoid ?!?!

and, i would of thought there wouldnt of been much space in front of it at a car show, for a low loader ot get in front ?!?!

maybe i "presume" too much
With a properly set up truck there would be no wheels scrapping,The handbrake would'nt need to be removed and nor would the steering lock and there would'nt need to be much room infront of it either.With a ****** block and a set of skates i could have any car on my truck if i was rushing in 10mins. Infact a decent operator doesnt need to gain entry to move a car.I do it everyday as a job(legally).Yes the alarms go off but no one has asked me what im doing in the 5 or so years i've been moving cars about.

Last edited by Turbotits; 30 April 2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 30 April 2006, 06:56 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

A couple of years back I saw a recovery truck loaded with a new BMW alarm blazing drive through the high street past the police station and no-one (myself included) batted an eyelid.
Hear a car alarm going off in a car park what do you do? Me, I just ignore it.

Sorry to hear it's gone mate but with all the will in the world you can stop them taking it. Truck with a grab lift as has been mentioned 5-10 mins and it's gone.
Old 30 April 2006, 08:17 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your concern and replies.

There was glass on the floor where we left it and a couple who were out walking their dog saw it bieng driven just outside the car park towards Leamington. A few cars did a sweep and the chopper too. A little later I scoured the area in case it had been hidden somewhere.

No result.

I am at pains to figure out how they did it. How easy is the standard alarm to get passed? I was under the impression it was quite good and thats why they just take the bloody keys now!
Old 30 April 2006, 08:22 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

thats harsh
was it all armed/set etc, why hasnt blackjaxx worked/been activated ?

as said earlier, if it was activated nearer the time, it may have still been local ??

good luck.....
Old 30 April 2006, 08:26 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

if i do get a scoob or evo again ill be fitting a secret device .i did read some years back on a device called gear lock i think.it was built into your gearbox,
press a button and your gear stick would not move.
Old 30 April 2006, 08:29 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

It was locked/alarmed hence the glass on the floor. The black jax was fully functional. Must be pros. Copper said if they dont turn up straight away they usually dont turn up! Where the hell they all go!
Old 30 April 2006, 08:30 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

THOMO - the black jax was on a VERY well hidden switch so no external sign its fitted.
Old 30 April 2006, 08:31 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by THOMO
AFTER ALL THESE YEARS PEOPLE CAN STILL TAKE OUR CARS IT ANNOYS ME.
I SOLD MY CAR 3 WEEKS AGO WITHIN 3 DAYS IT WAS STOLEN.ITS PUTTING ME OFF BUYING ANOTHER SCOOB OR EVO.
Don't be put off. Statistically they aren't actually stolen that much, they are a medium risk car. Go to an Audi/VW/Mini forum and all you will hear about is their particular brand of car being stolen.
Old 30 April 2006, 08:32 PM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

not being funny but surely if they see it has blackjax all they need to do is disconnect the brake light switch
Old 30 April 2006, 08:39 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rgv_stu
not being funny but surely if they see it has blackjax all they need to do is disconnect the brake light switch
???
Old 30 April 2006, 09:51 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

In the end of the day all a car needs to run is a live power to the ECU. And a live to the starter solonoid (that's if you don't want to push start it).

Now all that's needed to to apply a live down stream of where the wires are cut for teh immobilser ( fuel pump included, if it has more than 2 circuit immobilisation...that is if the installer bothered to do that...many don't).

Many installers also do their wire cuts by the steering column...because it is quicker and easier. But that's the first place every car criminal looks to hotwire a car! If it was on the loom to the ignition switch before the connector, then it is very quick and easy to bypass.
If the blackjaxx was part of the same system, or even of it's a sperate unit and wired from the same points (again, lazy), that is also bypassed at the same time.

What I'd like to know is how they got past the factory inductive key chip immobiliser. There are ways, but they aren't exactly quick "in-out" procedures.

Just a 2pence from my experience as an ex-installer...and seeing others poor attempts at an alleged CAT1 install.

Last edited by ALi-B; 30 April 2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 30 April 2006, 10:35 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
In the end of the day all a car needs to run is a live power to the ECU. And a live to the starter solonoid (that's if you don't want to push start it).

Now all that's needed to to apply a live down stream of where the wires are cut for teh immobilser ( fuel pump included, if it has more than 2 circuit immobilisation...that is if the installer bothered to do that...many don't).

Many installers also do their wire cuts by the steering column...because it is quicker and easier. But that's the first place every car criminal looks to hotwire a car! If it was on the loom to the ignition switch before the connector, then it is very quick and easy to bypass.
If the blackjaxx was part of the same system, or even of it's a sperate unit and wired from the same points (again, lazy), that is also bypassed at the same time.

What I'd like to know is how they got past the factory inductive key chip immobiliser. There are ways, but they aren't exactly quick "in-out" procedures.

Just a 2pence from my experience as an ex-installer...and seeing others poor attempts at an alleged CAT1 install.
I appreciate your input. I dont know how they got passed the Subaru security. It has been sugested that a copy may have been made of the key, perhaps when its been in for servicing, but then why the broken glass? Is it possible to 'clone' the alarm if left with the key?

If we cant figure it out then how do we protect another one?

its not the end of the world - but its a pain! The kids are upset more than we are! That p1sses me off the most!!
Old 30 April 2006, 11:02 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Ali B. thanks for the input BUT WHAT ARE THE BEST MEANS OF PROTECTING OUR CARS.it would appear that the installers are not trying hard enough.
Old 30 April 2006, 11:08 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Could be a million and one ways. Interesting suspicion about a cloned key though. Agreed, why smash the window if you have a key?!?!

Then again, reverse psychology - if you are stealing cars using inside assistance, wouldn't it be better to make it look more crude and opportunistic?
Old 30 April 2006, 11:21 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

i thought that, if the installers are doiung it easy for them, then surely a super duper schit hot alarm system is useless if the wires are on show/not hidden as they should be ?!?!
Old 30 April 2006, 11:31 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Ali B. thanks for the input BUT WHAT ARE THE BEST MEANS OF PROTECTING OUR CARS.it would appear that the installers are not trying hard enough.
Depends who installed it. And how far and deep they want to go into the loom tracing wires to cut into, but....time is money!

I can't really comment any further as it's still just speculation on exacly how this particular car was stolen. If there are witness that did see it driving then it appears any security was bypassed.

IMO can't beat multiple protection. Decent autolock/disclock (not a steering bar). Tracker, with a blackjaxx AND cat 1 alarm which uses seperate immobilisation to the OE key-based immobiliser (NOT a Cat1 upgrade system). Window film, and disabling of the doorlocks from the outside. Each individual item can be bypassed, but the combination just makes it a pain for anyone who does try.

That's pretty much my car (barring the blackjaxx). Bummer when the battery goes completely flat though- as I can't unlock the car (well, there is 2 non damaging ways ). But in the end of the day...if theives get the keys, its gone - there is only so much that can be done.
Old 01 May 2006, 08:42 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

if i do get a scoob or evo again ill be fitting a secret device .i did read some years back on a device called gear lock i think.it was built into your gearbox,
press a button and your gear stick would not move.
I've got one of thoses dipol gearlocks fitted. Easy to use and looks like a real pain to get around. Locks the car in reverse gear.

dipster
Old 01 May 2006, 08:44 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

BTW what is the point of window film on a frameless window?

dipster
Old 01 May 2006, 09:33 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

Bummer when the battery goes completely flat though- as I can't unlock the car (well, there is 2 non damaging ways ).
ALi-B, I thought about disconnecting my door handles with cat 1, but I do not know how to get in to my my93 without damaging it. Any chance of a PM explaining how?

Robin.
Old 01 May 2006, 10:31 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

My car has some amplifiers in the boot with permanent live. So all is needed is some jump leads or a battery charger tapped off one of the amp connection blocks - still need remote and keys to get into the car. Only issue is the boot isn't delocked, but you can't get into the cabin via the boot anyway, as the seats unlock from the cabin side.
Old 01 May 2006, 10:49 AM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Location: "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...Now that's what gets you."

any news yet on the car, are you local to the show ground??

Quick Reply: Black impreza stolen with blackjax