Sponsored by:

Radar detection sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2006, 11:11 AM
amydove2001
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radar detection sensors

Hi guys, can anyone help me. i went to purchase a sat nav and snooper in one from halfords yesterday and the guy i spoke to said forget the snoopers and get in touch with all subaru drivers through this site. He said that you guys would use a parking sensor placed near your reg plate and this reflects the radar beam back to the police gun!! Is this true and any ideas on how i would go about getting this. Thanks
Old 11 April 2006, 01:33 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Sound's like the Halfrauds chappie is talking a lot of crap.....

He "might" be trying to refer to a laser jamer. These are fitted by some people to "scatter" the returned laser beam from a hand-held speed gun, but are actually illegal. So, if you have now - dont get caught with it They are NOT radar dectectors & are NOT "parking sensors"

I dont think Halfrauds sell Snoopers now (could be wrong) but Snooper, as a brand, I dont think sell a combined radar detector / sat nav.

I have a Snooper Neo6 which is a combined GPS (as in fixed gatso site) locator warning & conventional radar detector. Alternatively, the Road Angel Navigator is a combined sat nav & GPS (gatso camera) device, but has no radar detector.

The Road Angel, plus a separate stand alone radar sounds like it might be what you're after, but they arent that cheap so you're best off doing a fair bit of research on the subject first.

Hope that helps....
Old 11 April 2006, 02:58 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by amydove2001
Hi guys, can anyone help me. i went to purchase a sat nav and snooper in one from halfords yesterday and the guy i spoke to said forget the snoopers and get in touch with all subaru drivers through this site. He said that you guys would use a parking sensor placed near your reg plate and this reflects the radar beam back to the police gun!! Is this true and any ideas on how i would go about getting this. Thanks
At Autosport there was a company advertising a "parking sensor" that co-incidently happened to work as a laser jammer apparently.

Of course it was advertised a parking sensor because laser jammers are indeed illegal of course.

PS I didn't buy one
Old 11 April 2006, 07:27 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

never heard of such crap, you should have slapped him, what were you doing in there anyway? shame on you
Old 11 April 2006, 07:38 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxseeker
At Autosport there was a company advertising a "parking sensor" that co-incidently happened to work as a laser jammer apparently.

Of course it was advertised a parking sensor because laser jammers are indeed illegal of course.

PS I didn't buy one

Where can you purchase one of those if you were interested for a friends sake lol
Old 11 April 2006, 07:58 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

auto express recently did a group test on speed gun detectors and the one that won was called a talex lite and is priced at a very reasonable £90 this unit beat all others including the £300 road angel . i bought the better version just over a week ago which is simply called talex this unit picks up on everything including warnings of potential mobile sites and schools and so far has been 100% although im still waiting to come across a actual mobile camera site. also what is probably one of the biggest plus,s of the unit is 3 years subs is only £59. the unit only cost me £135 and for that money your totally legal which is a big bonus!!!!!!
Old 11 April 2006, 08:02 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Halfords monkey is getting his wires crossed..

He's probably refering to a transponder or transmitter for an automatic garage door or entrace gates that happens to really screw with Radar.. Have a little search on google.
Old 11 April 2006, 09:23 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Hmmm....I see a little project coming on here, wifey, pass me the soldering iron darling........
Old 12 April 2006, 02:25 AM
amydove2001
Scooby Newbie

Thanks alot, much appreciated. Sounds like he hasn't really got as clue. Guess i'll just have to slow down for now.
Old 12 April 2006, 09:49 AM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

http://www.laser-jammer.co.uk/

http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/

Not a radar jammer but Drive-Smart are just about to start selling a unit that can act as a parking, or distance to car in front sensor, or electric gate/door opener that can also confuse pulses of light from laser guns and other items.

This unit - the Defender2 - can be combined with another GPS based unit they have which identifies all static and mobile units (updates are free) as well as working out average speeds through Specs areas and other such things.

My understanding is that these 'laser sensors' are not strictly speaking illegal - although radar jammers are - but I have heard that the police will take a very dim view if they have reason to suspect that one has been used one to 'pervert the course of justice'.