Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not driving for a few months due to illness...

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2006, 12:43 AM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Not driving for a few months due to illness...

I have and will not be driving for a while, the engine is started for around 10 - 15 mins every week of my 95' WRX... is that enough or should it actually be driven... Is there anything else I should be maintaining etc...

A bit of a sad thread, but I am slowly on the road to recovery. Early March (this year) I became very ill very quickly. I had been diagnosed with pneumonia... I was sent to hospital immediatley where soon after arriving I don't remember much because my oxygen levels were too low...

After spending over 2 weeks in isolation in ICU (lungs had to be paralysed because they gave up - breathing machines kept me alive) and a further 10 or so days after which I was discharged after a miraculous recovery... I also contracted Influenza Type 'A' which is the worst kind (ranked 6th cause of death in the US). Basically, if it was a few hours out, I would not be here...

Since then I am very weak and feel very delicate... I have lost 12Kg in weight which is all muscle waste... I used to fluctuate around 68/69Kg (I'm not a big person) it will take me 3 - 4 months to get back on track...

All suggestions are welcome... thanks in advance

Last edited by adeel.a; 08 April 2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08 April 2006, 01:29 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

Suggest a diet of pie and cake firstly lol.

Seriously, glad to hear your better though mate Girlfriend had TB and lost about the same, she's still putting it back on after a few years

Importat stuff though:
Should really drive the car a bit... idling takes ages to warm it up and won't get anything hot enough to remove moisture. Sure you have a friend who would appreciate a blast once a month ? lol

Also, leaving it in the same place will allow the brakes to rust to buggery, and the tyres will be fubarred.
Old 08 April 2006, 07:43 AM
AlloyUK
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Glad to hear you're on the mend Matey. I agree get some one to give it a good run (someone you trust that is )
Old 08 April 2006, 09:24 AM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

aww sorry to hear your not well i hope your feeling much better soon