Sponsored by:

Ignorant Scoobie Drivers - North East

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2006, 12:28 AM
BoroWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignorant Scoobie Drivers - North East

I have owned 3 scoobies now , and im currently on a red 2002 wrx bugeye , I find that in general if i am travelling round the country and flash or wave at a fellow scoob i get acknowledged. However in my home area of teesside its quite the opposite , 2 out of 10 acknowledge me . 2 out of 10 are too flipping old to lift there hands off the wheel , 2 out of 10 have no idea what they are driving and have never got past 70 , and the other 4 have nicked it and havent got time to wave or flash as they are heading for the nearest brick wall. strange place teesside , anyone in middlesbrough sees another scooby for gods sake say hello.
Old 07 April 2006, 12:47 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BoroWRX
I have owned 3 scoobies now , and im currently on a red 2002 wrx bugeye , I find that in general if i am travelling round the country and flash or wave at a fellow scoob i get acknowledged. However in my home area of teesside its quite the opposite , 2 out of 10 acknowledge me . 2 out of 10 are too flipping old to lift there hands off the wheel , 2 out of 10 have no idea what they are driving and have never got past 70 , and the other 4 have nicked it and havent got time to wave or flash as they are heading for the nearest brick wall. strange place teesside , anyone in middlesbrough sees another scooby for gods sake say hello.
hi m8 guess they are 2 busy dodging the law......will flash a scoob when im im me work s van so look out the speye is about

mick
Old 07 April 2006, 12:53 AM
madfifer
Scooby Regular

Mate i'm getting the same up here in Scotland. You wave to some ppl and they look at you like you have 9 heads. lol
Old 07 April 2006, 07:54 AM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

get same down here if car is sti or few mods get a wave or flash back all time wrx is 50/50 but some haven't got a clue prob go home saying i've been waved and flashed at don't know why! so if i wave or flash and not get one back i usualy mutter a few words . but must admit are las thought it was stupid waving but now she beats me too it!
Old 07 April 2006, 08:10 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

btw they're ignoring drivers, not necessarily ignorant ones Anyway, it's not as if it's a rare sports car or anything.
Old 07 April 2006, 10:08 AM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Actually Dracoro the drivers could very well be ignorant if they are unaware or uninformed of the protocol for waving to fellow scooby owners?

And I'd disagree with you about the rarity of scoobs - I see more Porsches than I do scoobs and some would consider them rare sports cars! I also used to own an MG Metro Turbo and would be waved at by both modern and older MG models that are far more numerous than scoobs.
Old 07 April 2006, 10:22 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

If your ever passing through Darlington mate, look out for a blue 05 STI with gold PFF7 alloys. I'll give you a flash & a wave.

As you mention it, I've noticed the same thing. Mainly older mendriving who never wave. Got to a point when I didn't bother, so when someone waved at me, I wasn't ready, so missed the wave. Always have my hand poised now, just in case.
Old 07 April 2006, 10:28 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it goes with the territory, about 80% of Impreza drivers I have encountered are complete social retards. Driving around like Colin McCrazy in their wanna be rally cars wearing their Matching Subaru Jackets and Caps, I find the stereotypical Impreza driver worse than BMW drivers! Cutting people up etc. then even out of the car they are bulshy and up them selves..

No offence to anyone of course, I'm sure most of you SN members are not stereo typical Impreza drivers.
Old 07 April 2006, 10:41 AM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Post borowrx

hi m8 i have a black sti with silver graphics i flash and wave all the time, i agree in this area its not good but it is getting better i will keep a look out for you when im out in the boro area, too old i am 47 so i guess that must be me i can still get the arm up at the moment so flash and wave away i will respond in kind
mick
Old 07 April 2006, 11:15 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
No offence to anyone of course, I'm sure most of you SN members are not stereo typical Impreza drivers.
LMAO! Working in Reading at the moment so may come/cut across you

I don't wave, used to but felt a pr1ck when wave was not reciprocated. So I just look at other wavers like they have 9 heads
Old 07 April 2006, 11:34 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Wink

Boro

why dont you come up to the TTS group meeetings 170++ members including quite a large following from your neck off the woods

were all a decent bunch and will wave at you
Old 07 April 2006, 12:14 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
LMAO! Working in Reading at the moment so may come/cut across you

I don't wave, used to but felt a pr1ck when wave was not reciprocated. So I just look at other wavers like they have 9 heads
What do you drive, I'll look out for you..
Old 07 April 2006, 07:40 PM
sti69
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well guys i live in the boro area and i flash/wave all the time so keep a look out for a MY94 STi in siver and you'll get a proper Teeside flash .
Old 07 April 2006, 08:10 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean. I live 10 mins from Boro. I have passed 4 scoobs in the last two days and only received a wave back from one, a dark red classic.
There seems to be a few women driving scoobs around my area so waving at them just gets some very strange looks back. I have probably been reported to the local plod as a stalker
If you see an MY03 STi WR Blue around Ingleby Barwick / Stockton wave and i will wave back
Old 07 April 2006, 08:26 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

same thing in Sunderland though prob 5 out of 10 flash or wave. Must admit that I quite often miss oncoming scoobs (erm no I do not mean I usually collide with them!!)so do not wave back. Usually too busy glaring in my mirror at some idiotic Nova or Saxo driver trying to get me to put my foot down! Anyway i think we should all make it a Scoobynet thing to acknowledge fellow Scoobs more in future.
Old 07 April 2006, 08:49 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

im from the north west and i wave at everyone i see even though im driving a van at the time only had 2 waves out of about 15 lol i'll keep trying to anyone in the north west look out for a 53 plate fiat doblo with a crazy woman driver lol
Old 07 April 2006, 09:08 PM
Clazza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephb1986
im from the north west and i wave at everyone i see even though im driving a van at the time only had 2 waves out of about 15 lol i'll keep trying to anyone in the north west look out for a 53 plate fiat doblo with a crazy woman driver lol
I'm from the north west and I agree nobody waves. Not one wave yet
I'll keep my eye out for you
Old 07 April 2006, 09:20 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

Hehehe cool i'll keep a look out cant really miss me considering im a white van and normally wear a hat everyday is a bad hair day lol
Old 07 April 2006, 09:24 PM
scoobysnak
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by BoroWRX
I live on Teesside and i always wave to other scoob drivers.I used to drive a mini so i`m used to waving and flashing at other drivers!.I do usually get a wave back, but the odd ones either ignore you or pretend they aint seen you!lol.
If anyone sees a type ra with gold speedlines round the Stockton area,give me a wave and i`ll definately wave back..unless i ignore you of course!lol
Old 08 April 2006, 12:40 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I always wave, and very rarely and I mean rarely, I get a wave back.
Saying that, I got a lovely grin off a bloke on the school run the other day, thanks
Old 08 April 2006, 01:03 AM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

I always wave as well, but only 1 out of 10 wave back. Yet when my OH is driving (my car!) he gets an acknowledement nearly every time . Does protocol not allow men to wave at female scoob drivers?
Old 08 April 2006, 09:14 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

We acknowledge people all the time when we see someone, don't always get anything back, mind you yesterday we nearly flashed a Seat (it was at a distance when we first seen it), I don't know why but I think the new Seat looks like the front of the new MY06.
Old 08 April 2006, 09:19 AM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

ive had a few people look at me funny but i still wave makes me laugh when they just stare
Old 08 April 2006, 09:26 AM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

I live in Ingleby Barwick too, and always wave. I find that classics will always wave back, newage less so, especially ones driven by older (business-suit-wearing) men.

Yesterday, on my way to my parents house in Nunthorpe (the traffic was even worse than usual around Marton) I was behind a blue newage WRX (with private number plate and STI spoiler) from Ingleby onto the A174, and then on my way home I was behind one of those funny coloured newage STI's all the way back down the A174 - quite unusual to say the least
Old 08 April 2006, 09:29 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Awd Chaddy
to own an MG Metro Turbo and would be waved at by both modern and older MG models that are far more numerous than scoobs.

Sure they were not laughing
Old 08 April 2006, 08:25 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

Boro,

You will always get a wave from me

Martin
Old 08 April 2006, 08:44 PM
Clazza
Scooby Regular

I've been driving my scoob now for two months and like I said before not one wave.
Went out for a drive today but thought I’d let the other half drive it,
I'm gutted he got a wave, it's my car!! My first wave stolen!

This got me thinking would the bloke of still waved if I’d of been driving,
I'm starting to get the impression that I’m not getting waves because I'm a female!
Old 08 April 2006, 09:35 PM
stewby2202
Scooby Regular

Cool wave

always get wave from me . funny though,Ive never been challenged by another scoob, so were not all petrol heads,i do like like those new unmarked ford focus the local plod have now,keep an eye out boys and keep flashing and waving,mines the my99 red classic wagon with the gold 16" skates:h jtwofing:h jtwofing
Old 08 April 2006, 09:38 PM
stewby2202
Scooby Regular

you,ll have to get yourself noticed somehow clazza.
Old 08 April 2006, 10:26 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clazza
I've been driving my scoob now for two months and like I said before not one wave.
Went out for a drive today but thought I’d let the other half drive it,
I'm gutted he got a wave, it's my car!! My first wave stolen!

This got me thinking would the bloke of still waved if I’d of been driving,
I'm starting to get the impression that I’m not getting waves because I'm a female!
Like i said before, girlies dont get a wave, cos it would appear blokes think we have borrowed said scoob. I would love to wipe the floor with these people

Quick Reply: Ignorant Scoobie Drivers - North East