Sponsored by:

ecutek, greedy e-manage?????

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2006, 08:38 PM
cypruswrxsti99
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecutek, greedy e-manage?????

hi new to this got my first scooby, a 99 uk turbo sti. 220bhp i think?
neways living in cyprus so kinda difficult to get parts like u guys. is an ecutek the same as the greedy e-manage ultimate. or is one a replacement ecu and the other a piggyback???
ne help here is greatly appreciated, thanks people.
Old 01 April 2006, 08:48 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

How do mate left AKR two yrs ago. Some places of intrest for you.
First place to look is motorsport-mania in limassol. Turn left at Merc garage keep going up towards the next set of lights. About two hundred yards down from the lights is motorsport mania, the guy who owns it is called Adonis not too bad for parts. Second ask Adonis to give you dirrections to Yangosis garage, he is the local Subaru mechanic and serviced my V7 STi for the two years I had it in Cyprus. Third, going along the Limassol bypassfrom the BIG Orphanidies Supermarket roundabout after a couple of roundabouts you might see a large sprite advert sign just before a roundabout. At the roundabout turn left follow the road round and you will pass a carwash on your left, take next left then left at end of road and then left into Malactoss carwash. The owner is a member of the local subaru drivers club (speak to Adonis if you are interested in going out for drives) They do a excellent job when I was there it was £6 for inside and out, just check your mirrors before leaving as sometimes I was told they had finished and one guy was still cleaning my wheels. If you want anymore info feel free to PM me Steve
Old 01 April 2006, 09:22 PM
cypruswrxsti99
Scooby Newbie

thanks mate. will def give all that info a go sometime soon. as for more stuff. what u reckon a full exhaust system. inclujding manifold and hi flow cat would get me in bhp?
Old 01 April 2006, 09:50 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Not sure about the Greddy but an ecutek remap is basically just a software upgrade for your existing ecu. You pay for the license cost of the ecutek software and the power and torque benefits depend on the skills and experience of your friendly mapper.

IIRC, an MY99 is 215bhp, not 220bhp
Old 01 April 2006, 09:54 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Not sure on figures with what is avaliable out there. If I remember right there is a guy in Nicosia who was getting ready to do Ecuteck as I left, his name is stelios he also goes on the runs out. Can't remeber at the mo name of company Adonis might know. For petrol either use Agip or Petrolina, I used the Petrolina at the T junction as you go into Kolossi. The road up truodos is a good one for a spirited drive just watch out for the tourist's in the land rover Safaris. There is another one which I will have to look at the maps to give you directions used to go up if bored and only came down after using 3/4 of a tank. Snag is petrol station at bottom of road and sometimes used to go back for seconds, MPG used to get below 14 MPG so you can imagine whaty the driving was like, ACE!!! I take it you work on the base? If so wher as i used to be in GEF.
Old 02 April 2006, 10:46 AM
cypruswrxsti99
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the info. 215bhp guess i got some work to do!
as for working on camp. aviation fuels opposite lox bay. i will def be visiting this adonis guy for the ecutek stuff, petrol now im using 100 octane its jujst come out here in a very select few garages but it works
Old 02 April 2006, 03:51 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

99 Uk Turbo was 215bhp, but the STi - which only available at that age as a jap import - was good for 276bhp. You ought to find out whether you have a UK turbo or an STi, which will effect what tuning options are available to you.

If you want to find out more about the Greddy, I'd suggest looking at the american sites like nasioc, as they are more likely to have experience of it than UK people who tend to use Ecutek remaps, or APEXI Power FC, Link, and a few others.