Sponsored by:

Finally walloped an EVO V1

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2006, 12:53 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally walloped an EVO V1

I had a WRX MY01 till last November which was supposedly PPP'd (it wasn't!) so thought it was quick! Had tussles with a few quick cars which I could not really get away from (including Octavia VRS !) Tonight my dream came true. Local idiot in his Evo V1 wound me up with his fly by so I went for it. Now drive a My03 STI PPP and I was pulling away nicely from him over 60ish. My previous encounter with one of these left me checking to see if I had left the handbrake on!!
Old 18 March 2006, 12:56 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 18 March 2006, 06:34 AM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

tufty badge for you
Old 18 March 2006, 06:57 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpalmer

Old 18 March 2006, 07:48 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Fantastic, you cant even find a GB badge! Ya yank lover
Old 18 March 2006, 11:23 AM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Brilliant!!!

If you 'walloped' the Evo, then I will assume you crashed into it.

I suspect that your car marginally pulled away from the EVO, possible due to the other guy being 'caught unaware.'

My Scooby is faster than yours (330 BHP) and at best, I reckon I would be lucky to keep up with an EVO.

You 'Walloper.'
Old 18 March 2006, 12:00 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
Fantastic, you cant even find a GB badge! Ya yank lover
First thing that came up on google
Old 18 March 2006, 12:00 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Are ScoobyNet having a bell-end coupon day today or what?
Old 18 March 2006, 12:36 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephen Pope
My Scooby is faster than yours (330 BHP) and at best, I reckon I would be lucky to keep up with an EVO.
You'd keep up with one in a straight line drag race, if both driven equally well. Id suggest that an STi PPP versus a standard EVO VI above 60mph will be sufficiently similar performance that neither would pull from the other - the slip stream effect of following the other guy would make enough difference to keep the second car in touch.

I've followed an FQ320 up to three figure speeds (obviously not on UK roads), and could hang on to the back of him, but certainly helped by the slip stream pulling me along behind him. Put the two of us besides each other, he'd have beaten me by a bit, I suspect. In a straight line drag, I've not found anything to choose between mine and an STi PPP.

However, to "wallop" (as opposed to edge or slowly pull away from) any EVO VI that is actually trying, you'd need over 400bhp, IMHO.
Old 18 March 2006, 02:02 PM
TypeUK_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
Local idiot in his Evo V1 wound me up with his fly by so I went for it. Now drive a My03 STI PPP and I was pulling away nicely from him over 60ish. My previous encounter with one of these left me checking to see if I had left the handbrake on!!

I really dont think the EVO wanted to play, as much as we love our scoobs the evo is quicker, sometimes you just got to admit defeat,
Old 18 March 2006, 02:41 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

If you have got 330BHP and cannot keep up with an EVO I suggest you get some driving lessons mate!! EVOs are generally quicker than Scoobs no doubt about it but with an extra '50' BHP u should be quicker than any standard EVO V1. As for the 'my scooby is faster than yours' how do you know as u have no idea what BHP mine has(it has been remapped!) or how good a driver I am.
Brilliant!!!

If you 'walloped' the Evo, then I will assume you crashed into it.

I suspect that your car marginally pulled away from the EVO, possible due to the other guy being 'caught unaware.'

You 'Walloper.'
Old 18 March 2006, 07:17 PM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally walloped an EVO V1
Just sold my scoob today. When I get my Evo i`ll very happily "wallop" you at Santa pod
Old 18 March 2006, 07:26 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

I beat some evo,s Last sunday at elvington >> But only just ?? Then some 500 bhp + evo, s beat me, all good fun,
Old 18 March 2006, 07:35 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by v5 man
Just sold my scoob today. When I get my Evo i`ll very happily "wallop" you at Santa pod

well dont inform us will you !!!
Old 18 March 2006, 07:45 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by v5 man
Dark Side V's the Jedi!

Ive been MLR longer than I have been on SN And I ive whooped loads of both! - Track and road
Old 18 March 2006, 08:47 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you have got 330BHP and cannot keep up with an EVO I suggest you get some driving lessons mate!! EVOs are generally quicker than Scoobs no doubt about it but with an extra '50' BHP u should be quicker than any standard EVO V1. As for the 'my scooby is faster than yours' how do you know as u have no idea what BHP mine has(it has been remapped!) or how good a driver I am.
Your initial statement stated that you had an STI PPP with no reference to any modfications. I therefore assumed that you had 305 bhp. 330 bhp is more than 305 bhp and mine is an MY04 STI so the cars are identical appart from the bhp figures. Hence my comments about mine being faster than yours (power to weight and all that - albeit marginally.)

Driving lessons - I ain't going there 'walloper.' Any gimp can put the foot down and hold it there which takes no skill.

'I reckon I would be lucky to keep up with an EVO' was what I said. As has been noted above and of course as you will be aware, to have a significant edge over another car, there needs to be a substantial bhp difference (check out all the Type R vs Leon Cupra vs M3 etc etc on here. Hence, it would be hard enough to keep up with a 260 ish bhp car in a 330 bhp car.

I love my Scooby but it is a fact that Evos are generally faster than Scoobys - read/ watch reviews etc. I do love both though!!
Old 18 March 2006, 09:50 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

I regularly race an Evo VI as my mates got one. He's running a full decat Nur Spec R exhaust, fast road cams, massive HKS FMIC and induction kit. Not sure what bhp he's got, but there's nothing in it between us until I reach my speed limiter and then he slowly pulls away (on private road).

Won't an STI's short ratio 1st to 4th gears help out a bit?
Old 19 March 2006, 12:41 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

'any gimp can put there foot down and hold it there which takes no skill', well no the wonder u cannot keep up with EVOs cos driving 'progressively' involves a lot more than that. I admit that on anything other than near straight roads the EVO rules mainly due to its AYC trickery however it IS possible to beat one. Maybe this guy was not the best of drivers but fact is HE tried it on to start with and he lost!! FACT!!! I did not sneak up on him and floor it. He came up within a foot of my bumper then whipped out and overtook. Yes I took the bait and yes I did get away from him. I do not tell lies. OH and stop calling me walloper mate. We aint in the school playground now. And yeah I love both cars though i prefer the scoob for many reasons.
Your initial statement stated that you had an STI PPP with no reference to any modfications. I therefore assumed that you had 305 bhp. 330 bhp is more than 305 bhp and mine is an MY04 STI so the cars are identical appart from the bhp figures. Hence my comments about mine being faster than yours (power to weight and all that - albeit marginally.)

Driving lessons - I ain't going there 'walloper.' Any gimp can put the foot down and hold it there which takes no skill.

'I reckon I would be lucky to keep up with an EVO' was what I said. As has been noted above and of course as you will be aware, to have a significant edge over another car, there needs to be a substantial bhp difference (check out all the Type R vs Leon Cupra vs M3 etc etc on here. Hence, it would be hard enough to keep up with a 260 ish bhp car in a 330 bhp car.

I love my Scooby but it is a fact that Evos are generally faster than Scoobys - read/ watch reviews etc. I do love both though!!
Old 19 March 2006, 06:51 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Cool

'any gimp can put there foot down and hold it there which takes no skill', well no the wonder u cannot keep up with EVOs cos driving 'progressively' involves a lot more than that. I admit that on anything other than near straight roads the EVO rules mainly due to its AYC trickery however it IS possible to beat one. Maybe this guy was not the best of drivers but fact is HE tried it on to start with and he lost!! FACT!!! I did not sneak up on him and floor it. He came up within a foot of my bumper then whipped out and overtook. Yes I took the bait and yes I did get away from him. I do not tell lies. OH and stop calling me walloper mate. We aint in the school playground now. And yeah I love both cars though i prefer the scoob for many reasons.
Sorry for calling you a walloper - no need for it. I was out of order.

Not quite sure of your point about the progressive issue and its relevance to our discussion on this issue. I did not say that I did not use a progresive approach - you assumed. My point simply was that I do not consider that say 50bhp ish would be enough to 'wallop' another car. In hindsight, I was probably jumping on the bandwagon (as many on here do) when an individual claims to have smoked/ ripped/ wallopped/ thrashed another car when in fact they perhaps struggled to pass the other one. Anyway, you did say you passed an EVO which is I suppose one up for the Scoobs and this is the Scoobynet, so that must be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The end.
Old 19 March 2006, 08:18 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Are ScoobyNet having a bell-end coupon day today or what?
Old 20 March 2006, 08:01 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

the evo also weighs less than your STI so any power advantage can soon be removed with that in mind.....50bhp can all of a sudden seem like only 5.
Old 20 March 2006, 12:57 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neilo
the evo also weighs less than your STI so any power advantage can soon be removed with that in mind.....50bhp can all of a sudden seem like only 5.
My point exactly.
Old 20 March 2006, 01:13 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

out of interest, is this a V1 or VI? there seems to be some confusion (or is it just me)?
Old 20 March 2006, 04:06 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

I beat mr340's all day long
Old 20 March 2006, 04:42 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Talking

I think he mean't beat an EVO VI.

I do agree that Evo's are generally faster but a scoob beating an EVO can be down to many reasons.

Fair play to ya.
Old 20 March 2006, 05:29 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pwhittle
out of interest, is this a V1 or VI? there seems to be some confusion (or is it just me)?
That confused me for a while too...
Old 20 March 2006, 05:33 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TypeUK_STi

I really dont think the EVO wanted to play, as much as we love our scoobs the evo is quicker, sometimes you just got to admit defeat,

110% AGREE
Old 20 March 2006, 05:44 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

i beat a ferrari 612 the other day going up london wall, totally minced him, and i was in a van. Dude didnt know what happened. NOW LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MY ****
Old 20 March 2006, 05:48 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alanbell
I beat some evo,s Last sunday at elvington >> But only just ?? Then some 500 bhp + evo, s beat me, all good fun,
You tried those tyres yet?
Old 20 March 2006, 10:31 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
You tried those tyres yet?
No not yet !! Saving them for the scooby shoot out then hope fully the ring

Quick Reply: Finally walloped an EVO V1