ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Whilst browsing fleabay - S202

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2006, 08:49 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whilst browsing fleabay - S202

Been discussed on here before. Yes I know, everyone say yuk etc but I wonder if someone will return this STi S202 to its original condition - I do hope so.
Old 08 March 2006, 10:13 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...3301%26fvi%3D1

Originally Posted by Please buy me, please
Simply the Fastest Impreza TSL M/Sport have ever seen.
How many adverts on fleabay for any tuned car state - fastest my garage/tuner/turbo supplier/modifier has ever been in.

Don't they get it?

Suits you sir!! You must have really discerning taste!!

ROTFLMAO

....and yes it has been posted lots!
Old 08 March 2006, 10:18 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

criky!!!!......im sure i seen that on the ebay months ago!!...bloody mess!!
Old 08 March 2006, 10:48 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bobthebodger
criky!!!!......im sure i seen that on the ebay months ago!!...bloody mess!!
ive seen a lot worse imo, i actually quite like this one, i wouldnt buy it. But its different without being to chaved.

not so keen on the back bumper and skirts but the rest is ok.
Old 08 March 2006, 10:49 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

i kinda like it, apart from the rear lights, it obviously well unique but even if some one was to buy it they would be getting a massive bargain plus all you need to do to tone it down is get it resprayed black etc. considering how much you've saved on buying a fully modded car getting it resprayed ain't much to ask if you want it your own way.

nick
Old 08 March 2006, 11:01 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

What I don't understand is the guy has been trying to sell this for about a year, yet he can be bothered to spend "hours" typing up the spec for the advert.
Old 09 March 2006, 12:14 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Jay m A
What I don't understand is the guy has been trying to sell this for about a year, yet he can be bothered to spend "hours" typing up the spec for the advert.
...and what has been typed is not entirely accurate!

Last edited by Trout; 09 March 2006 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09 March 2006, 12:44 AM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

guys £20 down b&q for a crow bar to take the kit off and you got a good buy
Old 09 March 2006, 07:36 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

I suppose it can be put back to what is was originally just depends on how those bumpers etc have been fitted to the body
Old 09 March 2006, 10:06 AM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Wish I had the money to restore it back, cant be many S202's in the UK. Be a lovely car in full standard trim.
Old 09 March 2006, 10:50 AM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by funkyspider
Wish I had the money to restore it back, cant be many S202's in the UK. Be a lovely car in full standard trim.
yep
Old 09 March 2006, 01:39 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

cant be many S202's in the UK.
I think around 10 mate
Old 09 March 2006, 02:13 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

SIAL this thing hasn't even grown on me
Old 09 March 2006, 02:15 PM
Daniel-S
Scooby Regular

Seen it before

bloody aweful
Old 09 March 2006, 10:48 PM
biker1010
Scooby Newbie

Default All at it again i see!!

Lads you must be the only website that supports a mark that slate their own members cars, all the clubs/sites ive been involved in ive never seen this before, how the people who are running this site are letting you all get away with it i dont know i mean you are supposed to be encouraging members to join, seeing boll...ks like this will make them think will they rip my 94 wrx apart on here to if i put a bodykit on it to, you all need to grow up. Its a 202 its 1 of the original 12 that came here from NEW and that should have the car mentioned in the manner it deservs, as what all you lot dont realise is taliking about how bumpers are fitted n all is that the bumpers are STANDARD and all the parts are easily removable and i have the standard lights and mirrors here as ive managed to trace the original owner so what you are left with then is a standard looking car with a better carbon rear spoiler and proper mods and brakes. The new owner will have that option i wont take em off as i quite like it as it is and we have not been trying to sell it for a year as we have only had it in stock 3 months that was the last owner who turned down an 17,500 bid on e-bay for the car so there is people out there for it and with Banzai coming down here next week to feature it in may's edition then that means its made both jap performance and banzai mags and that an achievement in its self, both magazine editors cant have that bad taste now can they, and maybe we may take the bodykit off and what you left with a plain looking car that doesnt turn the eye at all, unless you know your stuff they do look plain, but i wouldent knock them as ive always thought you are to support your fellow members whatever they drive be it a classic wrx, sti, an estate or even if your lucky enough a spec c ra or S202. THANKYOU.
Old 09 March 2006, 11:24 PM
Greatnorth
Scooby Regular

why buy jordan a wonderbra?

my men are saying it has been spoilt by unneccessary mods
Old 09 March 2006, 11:42 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

biker1010 : I speak for myself, but I was in admiration of the car for what it is, a rare S202. I happen to think it looks better in its original form and as such am not slating a members car, it's offering my personal opinion on the mods that have been carried out. I think both Jap performance and banzai would have featured it in its original livery too dont you, as it's a rare import.

If the websites for other marques you hang around on dont allow free and open expression then thank god I bought a subaru and found a site that does is all I can say. If you like it the way it is then all is well with your world. If you didnt want comments on the car, either positive or negative then maybe you shouldnt have applied such outrageous bodywork mods eh
Old 09 March 2006, 11:46 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by biker1010
Lads you must be the only website that supports a mark that slate their own members cars, all the clubs/sites ive been involved in ive never seen this before, how the people who are running this site are letting you all get away with it i dont know i mean you are supposed to be encouraging members to join, seeing boll...ks like this will make them think will they rip my 94 wrx apart on here to if i put a bodykit on it to, you all need to grow up. Its a 202 its 1 of the original 12 that came here from NEW and that should have the car mentioned in the manner it deservs, as what all you lot dont realise is taliking about how bumpers are fitted n all is that the bumpers are STANDARD and all the parts are easily removable and i have the standard lights and mirrors here as ive managed to trace the original owner so what you are left with then is a standard looking car with a better carbon rear spoiler and proper mods and brakes. The new owner will have that option i wont take em off as i quite like it as it is and we have not been trying to sell it for a year as we have only had it in stock 3 months that was the last owner who turned down an 17,500 bid on e-bay for the car so there is people out there for it and with Banzai coming down here next week to feature it in may's edition then that means its made both jap performance and banzai mags and that an achievement in its self, both magazine editors cant have that bad taste now can they, and maybe we may take the bodykit off and what you left with a plain looking car that doesnt turn the eye at all, unless you know your stuff they do look plain, but i wouldent knock them as ive always thought you are to support your fellow members whatever they drive be it a classic wrx, sti, an estate or even if your lucky enough a spec c ra or S202. THANKYOU.
Why are you defending what's been done to it? It looks utterly ****e! Return it to spec or get rid of it to someone who will.
Old 09 March 2006, 11:55 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

According to the last thread buyers were queuing up at 20k plus

Sadly they must have fallen through

However I think the vendor had the thread removed
Old 10 March 2006, 12:03 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by biker1010
Don't they teach punctuation at chav school?
Old 10 March 2006, 12:04 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by biker with the banana car
car that weighs about the the same as a weetabix box
Originally Posted by biker with the banana car
lightweight road car
Has the car had special lightening work done on it?

It was 1330kgs off the production line. And with the modifications I would have thought it would now be 1350kgs plus? Or has some weight been taken off as well?
Old 10 March 2006, 12:18 AM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

OK so its not many peoples cup of tea. But nobody is having a go at you mate so don't have a pop at people have been around Subaru's a long time.

Its the car. And its not even your car so why are you taking it so personally?It is a car from your showroom that owes you money and you want shot of it. We understand that but as Scooby owners who have paid with our own money to have what we have we are telling you a car salesman we don't like it in its present form regardless of who the body kit, brakes, lights spoilers etc. came from. This is why you have not sold it. Magazines are still saying they will feature it because it will sell their magazines as it is so wack. Hopefully you will get a person interested to buy it who has the money to put it back to normal. But please if that doesn't work listen to what we are saying. Get rid of the kit and put it back to how it was or export it. We like the S202. We just don't like that one how it is at the moment.
Hope you get lucky. I really do.
Old 10 March 2006, 12:53 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rannoch
According to the last thread buyers were queuing up at 20k plus

Sadly they must have fallen through

However I think the vendor had the thread removed
A very good point as I remember that thread. You were also going on about how many cars you owned and how much richer you were than us

So come on biker, what happened to all these buyers Did they come to their senses and make a run for it
Old 10 March 2006, 09:58 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

I didn't realise that as a subaru owner we all must feel obliged to like every subaru

Personal taste mate, and from the vast majority of replies on this and previous threads, the guy who styled this was a choc chip short of a cookie.
Old 10 March 2006, 10:48 AM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

True, it is a bit on the eye-sore side but hey, being unique is a great quality and even though we argue about how lexus lights look sh1te or tints make it look "chaved", not everyone will like everyone's mods......

I think whoever buys it will love it and if they choose to take things off or leave them on, it's down to their own taste......don't knock it cause it's not your cup of tea, rejoice that it's a break from the norm
Old 10 March 2006, 10:04 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Someone likes it - it is up to 17,000 but still reserve not met when the Buy it now is 18,000

What do you reckon the reserve is £17,999?
Old 11 March 2006, 01:15 AM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

and bloody hell what a steal

if you see past the thorns you will see a rose
if i had the coin i'd buy it, and i'm one of those who is dead against ott ing a car as you can see
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=9689714&noresize=1

Last edited by valley commando; 11 March 2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11 March 2006, 09:52 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

....didn't make it's reserve.

If as the advert states there are £20k plus 202s on Autotrader then why not make it back to standard and flog it for £20k?