Sponsored by:

Car park dents!

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2006, 11:14 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car park dents!

I have a car park dent on my passenger side door by some idiot its the size of a 50p piece and it looks bad when the sun is shining on it as its the only dent I have on the door so sticks out like a sore thumb. So I was wondering if a company would be able to pull it out or would it have to be filled and sprayed over by a bodyshop.

Also what sort of price would I be looking at paying, and can anyone recommend a decent company to take it out near the west midlands.
Old 05 March 2006, 11:27 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

One of those Dentmaster/Scratches'n'Scuffs sort of firms can usually tease them out by inserting tools down behind the glass. Had a couple done on mine, only difficult bit is if they're over a seem or strengthening beam etc. Then it's a fill and spray job. Post a request in Midlands and someone is sure to recommend someone local to you.
Old 05 March 2006, 11:31 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate

It **** me off when I saw it, I always park away from everybody else, and if there are any spaces I try to park in the disabled spots or the parents with kids spots you get at the supermarkets .
Old 06 March 2006, 12:09 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I don't condone the use of disabled bays, but P&C are fair game. I always park well away and use the bay 2nd from an end, positioning the car to make the end space small and less useable, and thus the space on the other side is that bit further away too
Old 06 March 2006, 12:11 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I don't condone the use of disabled bays, but P&C are fair game. I always park well away and use the bay 2nd from an end, positioning the car to make the end space small and less useable, and thus the space on the other side is that bit further away too
I tried to take up 2 spaces, and had a car squeeze itself about 2 inches between my car and a wall, funny thing was there was plenty of spaces around.
Old 06 March 2006, 12:12 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I do that and guess what happens 99% of the time!?

A frigging people carrier with 15 kids has squeezed in the end gap

And, yes, another few dents are added to my collection!!

Pete
Old 06 March 2006, 12:16 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Timing can help. I always aim to arrive at 2.50pm, just as Mummy is leaving to pick up Tarquin and Joshua from school. Full shop in under 20 mins and away before they've finished swapping recipes and ASBO tales whilst blocking every suburban street in the land. If you park at least 50yds beyond the bulk of the already parked cars you should be OK, if the place you go has a suitable sized car park for its capacity I haven't returned to find anyone next to me in over 2 years using my technique Sad that I have to be so **** though. Maybe Pete could write an humerous anecdote about **** Scooby parking
Old 06 March 2006, 08:10 AM
shippy
Scooby Regular

Timing can help. I always aim to arrive at 2.50pm, just as Mummy is leaving to pick up Tarquin and Joshua from school. Full shop in under 20 mins and away before they've finished swapping recipes and ASBO tales whilst blocking every suburban street in the land. If you park at least 50yds beyond the bulk of the already parked cars you should be OK, if the place you go has a suitable sized car park for its capacity I haven't returned to find anyone next to me in over 2 years using my technique Sad that I have to be so **** though. Maybe Pete could write an humerous anecdote about **** Scooby parking
I'll remember that one, cheers
Old 06 March 2006, 08:54 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Also what sort of price would I be looking at paying, and can anyone recommend a decent company to take it out near the west midlands.

pity your not in the Manchester area, but if the paint isnt broken it should come out mate at a cost of around £40
Old 06 March 2006, 09:04 AM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

Have you thought of these guys/gals

http://littleknocks.com/