Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount on WRX PPP (for MY05) recently?

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2006, 10:49 PM
EdwardH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Discount on WRX PPP (for MY05) recently?

Has anyone got a discount on WRX PPP for MY 05 recently?

I'm looking to buy but don't fancy list price.

Thanks

Ed
Old 06 March 2006, 08:17 AM
ru'
Scooby Regular

According to their desk flyer, Gatwick Group are doing discounts on PPP. Having said that, it was an old offer but seeing as they're still displaying it I guess it's still valid.

Have you contacted your dealer???
Old 06 March 2006, 12:53 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EdwardH
Has anyone got a discount on WRX PPP for MY 05 recently?

I'm looking to buy but don't fancy list price.

Thanks

Ed
Dont pay any more than £950, if they wont budge on the price dont bother getting it done. Olympian in Dorset were doing it for £950 a few months ago but someone told me they no longer exist anymore. Just ring round all of them
Old 06 March 2006, 01:18 PM
Eckmcmann
Scooby Regular

Eden Subaru in cupar (scotland) are doing it just now, quoted £1150 for my dads bugeye wrx
Old 06 March 2006, 01:24 PM
sti.sim
Scooby Newbie

Ed, Had one fitted last week my05 sti £1700-£295 off what a difference to the car Gatwick group
Old 06 March 2006, 08:22 PM
EdwardH
Scooby Regular

thanks all.

had it on my first turbo back in 00 and I agree it transforms the car ( into arguably the best state of tune for the uk turbo at that time).

I think it will be just the mod for my new wagon.

Ed
Old 06 March 2006, 08:30 PM
badgerbell
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Would also be interested in your thoughts guys.

I'm currently on 600miles running my MY05STI in and have decided to go ahead and get it fitted at the 1000mile service.

Any savings would definately help
Old 06 March 2006, 08:31 PM
Pro Boy
Scooby Regular

£900 at Days last year
Old 07 March 2006, 02:06 PM
MickeyWRX
Scooby Regular

just bought a WRX PPP 05 in november ex demo for 18,250, not a bad price i thought!
Old 07 March 2006, 02:25 PM
stevey
Scooby Regular

BADGERBELL i was quoted 1300 for an 05 sti pack last week
Old 07 March 2006, 02:27 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MickeyWRX
just bought a WRX PPP 05 in november ex demo for 18,250, not a bad price i thought!
What's the insurance like?

Directline quoted me £368 for the standard WRX, but £790 if I get the PPP option fixed!

So I've stuck with the Standard 05 WRX for another year and renewed with Directline.

Going to take my advanced driving test seee if that helps lower the premium.
Old 08 March 2006, 03:40 AM
Snow'ScoobyL
Scooby Newbie

A standard subaru accesory will add value to your car, if you tell the insurance company its a impreza prodrive addition rather than an after market engine modification your insurance should not really change.....

Admiral do cheep insurance, but an advanced driver certificate brings it down even more.

Days in Chelmsford are doing the 01 to 05 Prodrive kit for around £1200 at the moment, I had mine done with a 30k service and some warranty repairs, they chipped some paint off so they did a touch up on the door edge and boot. So i got it all for £1500, which was worth it cause the sevice should be nearly £450?

Old 08 March 2006, 06:55 AM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I got my ex demo MY05 WRX PPP on 1st Feb for £14,600 I LUV IT!!!

Considering removing the Pre Cat (If it has one ), what sort of gains would this give me along with PPP?

I will call my dealer today to see what they are selling PPP for atm...
Old 08 March 2006, 07:07 PM
edthedoc
Scooby Regular

Hiltons in Shrewsbury have quoted me £1100 to PPP my 05 WRX. I might go for it even though I could get it cheaper elswhere. Is it worth haggling?
Old 09 March 2006, 11:51 AM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Picked my 05 wrx up from the dealers ( in Kent) after the 10000mile serevice so I started chatting to the guys there about PPP. They were offering NO discount. He stated the the dealer makeds about £400 from each PPP kit so he was very surprised the any dealer could do it for much less. The only reason to do it cheaper is linking it to the purchase of a new car (as described above). He also warned that he had a customer in who had paid for a cheap PPP from another dealer and all they did was put on the pipes and back box (and no PPP certificate)!!!!!

The guys were very helpful but I assume they still have a job to do.

On another note! Anyone had the prodrive springs fitted to a WRX? What do they drive like and how much (part and fitting)?

Cheers
Old 09 March 2006, 11:54 AM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Oh and the PPP for the MY06 will be ready by the end of the month. WRX upto 265bhp but with BIG increases in torque (he could not remember the figure) and STI to 340bhp (once again he could not remember the torque figure)

Cheers
Old 09 March 2006, 12:14 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silverscoobydan
Picked my 05 wrx up from the dealers ( in Kent) after the 10000mile serevice so I started chatting to the guys there about PPP. They were offering NO discount. He stated the the dealer makeds about £400 from each PPP kit so he was very surprised the any dealer could do it for much less. The only reason to do it cheaper is linking it to the purchase of a new car (as described above). He also warned that he had a customer in who had paid for a cheap PPP from another dealer and all they did was put on the pipes and back box (and no PPP certificate)!!!!!

On another note! Anyone had the prodrive springs fitted to a WRX? What do they drive like and how much (part and fitting)?

Cheers
I understood that if they do ppp for a grand they only make money on the fitting which is 2hrs plus vat = £120. Gotta make sure you get the certificate though or no deal. There is no way ppp is worth £1,600. A grand is the most I would pay.
Old 09 March 2006, 12:16 PM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

yep me too if I could get a good one for a grand I would be straight there
Old 09 March 2006, 12:24 PM
ScoobyNoob
Scooby Regular

Cheers
Hi, had the spring kit added to my MY05 WRX last November.

Invoice breakdown:

179.58 labour
80.00 Alignment/geometry
165.96 Spring Kit
------
74.56 VAT
500.00 Total

So I got charged full-whack but the stealer is literally 4 mins walk from where I work so I pay for the convenience.

I must admit I sometimes wonder if I did the right thing. Sure the ride is stiffer, so less body roll and more positive steering etc and the car's lowered a bit so the 18" wheels look that much better. But...

Speedbumps and potholes are now a thing of dread and have to approached with far more caution than I ever used to, not that I wasn't cautious before. There seem to be an ever increasing number of the damn things on my route to work and the road surface quality is deteriorating at about the same rate. So some roads I either have to crawl along at 20, much to the annoyance of traffic behind, or constantly accelerate/break between them, which just feels lame.

So, if you get to push the car a bit and don't have to worry about speedbumps go for it. If you don't push the car and have crappy roads I'd seriously suggest you try a test drive first, that horrible clonking noise when you hit the endstop really grates after a while!

Steve
Old 09 March 2006, 12:35 PM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Thanks Steve.
My daily drive is good (mostly A/B roads so no bumps). The sharper responce and lower centre of gravity appeal. Does the car still understeer heavily? Does it feel more 'planted' to the road and is the ride comfort the same/similar?

I think I can find fitting / alignment cheaper (mates rates at another garage) but is there anything I should know about the fitting?

Cheers
Old 09 March 2006, 01:29 PM
ScoobyNoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks Steve.
My daily drive is good (mostly A/B roads so no bumps). The sharper responce and lower centre of gravity appeal. Does the car still understeer heavily? Does it feel more 'planted' to the road and is the ride comfort the same/similar?

I think I can find fitting / alignment cheaper (mates rates at another garage) but is there anything I should know about the fitting?

Cheers
I must admit I don't get the opportunity to push the car hard enough to have noticed much change in understeer but it definitley feels more planted and confident. It is a harsher and noisier ride but not unpleasant. If you've had a ride in an STi it's pretty similar from my experience. In fact the first time I got a ride in an STi I was surprised, nowhere near as harsh a ride as I thought from reading posts here.

I don't really regret getting it done, just wish there was a tad more travel to smooth out the speedbumps.

As for fitting, I'm afraid I'm no mechanic so I couldn't tell you if there are any issues with it. I just dropped it into the garage and let them get on with it!
Steve
Old 09 March 2006, 01:34 PM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

cheers Steve

I am very tempted, just gotta find all that cash!!!!!!
dan
Old 09 March 2006, 02:16 PM
edthedoc
Scooby Regular

Hylton in Shrewsbury now pissing me off: yesterday they said they could do the PPP for my WRX for £500 off list price i.e. £1100. List price £1600 includes fitting and VAT (according to Subaru's website) but today Hylton say they want VAT on top of this. A case of ano-olecranon confusion*

*they don't know their **** from their elbow
Old 09 March 2006, 03:33 PM
MickeyWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mikepaul
What's the insurance like?

Directline quoted me £368 for the standard WRX, but £790 if I get the PPP option fixed!

So I've stuck with the Standard 05 WRX for another year and renewed with Directline.

Going to take my advanced driving test seee if that helps lower the premium.

my insurance is roughly 1200 only an extra 10 quid a month from my MY95 WRX import and that was over 10 grand cheaper!