Sponsored by:

Evo V1 Info Required

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2001, 06:23 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've been offered a T plate "99" Ralliart GSR Evo 6 27k F.S.H for £20,000 from a Subaru Dealer,but i haven't a clue as to what perfomance figures are or the MPG can someone please enlite me,I currently drive a new MY01 wrx with approx 250bhp and trying to work out whether or not its worth p/x and paying the extra £600 insurance.
Old 18 October 2001, 06:25 PM
BlueEVO
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Wheely - nice try.

Old 18 October 2001, 06:35 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

? ?
Old 18 October 2001, 06:53 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Hi Wheelwright

Mate has similar sounding car and he claims less than 20 on spirited runs.

BHP is quoted at about 276 - He can just keep up with my P1

All he wants to do is turn AYC off has it has caught him out a couple of times when he thought he was in control. That was at the edge of the envelope though.

E Mail me if you want and I'll pass your questions on to him.
Old 18 October 2001, 07:37 PM
BlueEVO
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Wheelwright

You have mail! Will answer your questions honestly off the board!
Old 18 October 2001, 08:03 PM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Wink

BlueEVO,

Sending emails off the board?!

Scared of getting flamed are we?
Old 18 October 2001, 09:40 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

My EVO VI GSR when I had it gave me 13mpg under usual driving conditions and if I coasted a lot etc I could get a whopping 20mpg instead so I just hoofed it everywhere and enjoyed it....till I had to fill up 120 miles later.

Tim
Old 18 October 2001, 09:47 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Get about 18mpg out of mine, good job it's a second car 200 miles on a full tank.

With usual exhaust and filter mods, you'll get about 310bhp.

Personally, I wouldn't swap a newer Scooby for an older Evo, not for the same money.
Old 18 October 2001, 10:19 PM
BlueEVO
Scooby Newbie

wilf

Flamed - don't be serious. With the current climate I thought the thread was a windup.

However, clearly it is not and if was to speak pure EVO on this board then no doubt the likes of yourself would naturally retaliate. Thus, if I can help someone who genuinelly is considering an EVO then I believe it should be done in PRIVATE!

Old 18 October 2001, 10:31 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Blue,

Although this is primarily a Scooby BBS, there is a lot of talk and knowledge about other cars. People are welcome to discuss and give advice on other cars.

It's the occasions when you get your car is $hite and my car is better than yours because I have white socks, slip on shoes, etc. that have no substance and annoy people.

Feel free to offer people advice on EVOs if they ask for it, you won't get flamed for that. You will also find people will treat you with a little more respect and talk to you seriously about cars

We've had talk about EVOs, Caterhams, Westies, Minis, Pugs, Cossies, and more. Most were good natured with a bit of jest (emphasised by the good old smilies). Use your knowledge and experience to help others, not pi$$ them off

I would be quite happy to be enlightened on the EVOs as I think they are top motors but know very little about them. As far as I was concerned I didn't buy one because I think they are a little extreme for me

Edited cos I can't even get my smilies right

[Edited by Hanslow - 10/18/2001 10:32:57 PM]
Old 18 October 2001, 10:57 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Many thanx to you all especially Steve who i spoke to on the phone.I forgot to say its got a stage 1 chip so it should be 300bhp+.From what i can gather MPG is poor,between 13 to 18, the later been driven normally but does that apply to the chipped car? But what is AYC ? ? forgot to ask that.
This car will be my everyday car but will i be able to live with it in normal life, ie shopping, kids from school etc? As i've heard some say they are a very hard drive.
Someone p/x the Evo for a UK300 and if your on here i would like to hear from you as to why you got rid of the car.( this happened in the last fortnight )
Once again many thanx Andy
Old 18 October 2001, 11:07 PM
BlueEVO
Scooby Newbie

The full Stage ONE includes the following, which was initially warranted until Colt Car Company withdraw (it seems to typical of owning an EVO):

HKS exhaust.
Mitsubishi Boost Gauge.
HKS induction kit.
Boost upgrade (no parts - tinkering).
Eibach lowering springs.
ARP bolts (big end bolts exchanged).

Not sure what the Stage ONE chip is - but if it has had an exchange Ralliart ECU fitted even better (was £850 - now they sell for around £600), should now make around 330bhp, maybe more!

(Ralliart, Dudley were charging £3k for a Stage ONE conversion - ECU would add another £800). The ECU alone is not worthwhile exhaust and induction must be done also.

The down side is mpg will suffer quite badly and it will be more difficult to insure.

The Eibach springs (I have HKS fitted) also improve the ride quality. If these are fitted the car sits much lower and is more pleasing on the eye.