Sponsored by:

parking in car parks??????

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2006, 09:13 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy parking in car parks??????

how many of you out there actualy notice what you park next to when leaving your scooby in the car park. ie weekly shopping.

ive seen it so many times when the kids come running up to there mum and dads car they open the doors and dont give a dam about the cars parked next to them. dent city here we come. this could be your scooby.

the cars i try to avoid parking next to are.

people carriers. (galaxys ect).

4x4 anything.

2 door anything (doors need to be opened wider so you can get in).

white van man.

i try my best to park as fare away as possible to anything. and when i return theres always something parked next to mine.

am i the only one on SN that does this.
Old 26 February 2006, 09:16 PM
bush360
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean mate but problem is sods law rules all of these situations.
Old 26 February 2006, 09:24 PM
onslow
Scooby Regular

i dont park next to a car if there is a baby seat on the same side as me
Old 26 February 2006, 09:25 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

I'm worse than that - park across too bays if poss
Old 26 February 2006, 09:26 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

(following 3 dings after two weeks !!! Tw@ts...........
Old 26 February 2006, 09:29 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

try and park in the parent and child spaces,baby seat in the back comes in useful sometimes
failing that try to park next to a wall/post/other non moving object (not trolly parks) as tightly as possible, that way whoever parks in the only available space has to be a MONUMENTAL d!ck to bang your scoob (still very possible) other than that cross everything and hope.
Old 26 February 2006, 09:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Always shop at quiet times (early in week, early in day or very late, or 10 to 3 as all the mums **** off to pick up Tarquin and Joshua from school) and park well away from everyone else. I always pick the 2nd space from an end and park on or even slightly over the line to make the last space awkward to use and the next space after me as big as possible. Once had a feckwit squeeze his $h!theap in alongside me even after taking these precautions, which he had every right to do, apart from the fact that he was so close (less than 1/2" between door mirrors) that I could not enter my vehicle As I tried I inadvertantly brushed against his mirror and it fell off Had to enter my car from the passenger side and roll it out of the space before I could get in the drivers side.
Old 26 February 2006, 09:32 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SivMY05Sti
the mother inlaw did this in a council car park and she got a ticket for incorrect parking.
Old 26 February 2006, 09:57 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

Thats some jobsworth!!! Who says she had to park like that due to someone else ??

Shocker......Then again if Scooby's wearn't made of bacofoil we'd all be a lot better off
Old 26 February 2006, 10:00 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Old 26 February 2006, 10:00 PM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

If you could afford the car you own you would not worry about damage
Old 26 February 2006, 10:14 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Moonloops
Does that analogy support the theory that wealthy people are often the most disrespectful
Old 26 February 2006, 10:21 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

not worry about the damage.

you must be one of those tw$ts that parks next to me then.
Old 26 February 2006, 10:34 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
If I must resort to your level........
Old 26 February 2006, 10:36 PM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

I went to shefield today... bad idea. got into car park and only space was next ot a focus with its passenger window smashed in. Looked fresh glass everywhere..

Didnt inspire confidence. I usually only take scooby out if it goes into secure parking somewhere. Or i drive normal cars that i dont care getting damaged. lol
Old 26 February 2006, 10:42 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

If I must resort to your level........
What makes you think it is reasonable to park across two bays, if you wish to have a proper debate? Why shouldn't you get a parking fine for improper parking, or a right good boot in the door from some person who can't find a place to park because of your selfish attitude? If you were concerned only for your car and not just filled with pugnacious self-importance you'd park in a different area altogether and walk the extra distance. But you don't, do you? You park your big, spoilered up, big-I-am car across two bays because you are the personification of the brash, self-important product of a me-me-me society.

Old 26 February 2006, 10:42 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G_Sleigh_STi
Or i drive normal cars that i dont care getting damaged. lol
yes like my wifes fiat.
Old 26 February 2006, 10:44 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

No dings on mine in over 6 years,never park next to another car and never take it anywhere where i know i cant park like that.
Old 26 February 2006, 10:45 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
What makes you think it is reasonable to park across two bays, if you wish to have a proper debate? Why shouldn't you get a parking fine for improper parking, or a right good boot in the door from some person who can't find a place to park because of your selfish attitude? If you were concerned only for your car and not just filled with pugnacious self-importance you'd park in a different area altogether and walk the extra distance. But you don't, do you? You park your big, spoilered up, big-I-am car across two bays because you are the personification of the brash, self-important product of a me-me-me society.

well said that man.
Old 26 February 2006, 10:45 PM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gaz c
yes like my wifes fiat.
lol. good one
Old 26 February 2006, 11:00 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Right! Here's the trick lads! . .I always park as far away from the supermarket/shop entrance as possible! Yes . .This is true! . .And there are very good reasons for it! Please observe!

1) There is usually an abundance of spaces, and its highly unlikely that anyone lazy/inattentive will park so far away ( I am talking under 100 yards)

2) Fat people tend to park as near the entrance as possible, as they can't be arsed to walk any extra distance . .(also please note - fat people like to swing their door wide)

3) Supermarket car parks nowadays have pick up points / cash machines near the entrance which may cause unnecessary agro/commotion resulting in dent to Scoob!

So . .There you have it!

Disclaimer: Did not mean to unnecessarily offend any heavy boned people, but so far this parking technique has worked for me . .I say park further, but park proper!
Old 26 February 2006, 11:04 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
Right! Here's the trick lads! . .I always park as far away from the supermarket/shop entrance as possible! Yes . .This is true! . .And there are very good reasons for it! Please observe!

1) There is usually an abundance of spaces, and its highly unlikely that anyone lazy/inattentive will park so far away ( I am talking under 100 yards)

2) Fat people tend to park as near the entrance as possible, as they can't be arsed to walk any extra distance . .(also please note - fat people like to swing their door wide)

3) Supermarket car parks nowadays have pick up points / cash machines near the entrance which may cause unnecessary agro/commotion resulting in dent to Scoob!

So . .There you have it!

Disclaimer: Did not mean to unnecessarily offend any heavy boned people, but so far this parking technique has worked for me . .I say park further, but park proper!
this should be in the highway code for new drivers.
Old 26 February 2006, 11:05 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Sob, I cant take it any more,

another ive got a scoob/ parking in car parks thread

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what is it, if your that concerned , leave the f*kin car at home and walk to the shop!!!

or do the obvious, park in the furthest corner of the car park away from the shop, mums and kids always park closer,

or are the little legs not capable of walking that far..

its a car, at some stage it will get scratched dented, and rusty,

if your worried about it suffering lifes nocks, you have two options, dont drive it, or keep it in the garage.

my scoob has dents, scratches, dont know what caused them, dont care really, its a car, at the end of its life it will be sold, warts an all

Steam letting off over

Mart
Old 26 February 2006, 11:08 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Sob, I cant take it any more,

another ive got a scoob/ parking in car parks thread

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what is it, if your that concerned , leave the f*kin car at home and walk to the shop!!!

or do the obvious, park in the furthest corner of the car park away from the shop, mums and kids always park closer,

or are the little legs not capable of walking that far..

its a car, at some stage it will get scratched dented, and rusty,

if your worried about it suffering lifes nocks, you have two options, dont drive it, or keep it in the garage.

my scoob has dents, scratches, dont know what caused them, dont care really, its a car, at the end of its life it will be sold, warts an all

Steam letting off over

Mart
Have you no pride?
Old 26 February 2006, 11:13 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I just picked up my 3rd lot of damage in 2 years today at tescos. Parked as far away as possible in the car park, no other cars about. Came back to find a nice big blue scratch from middle of back door to the back bumper. Accompanying it was a rippled door and a nice dent to the wing both in front and behind the wheel arch. This wasn't there only half an hour previous as I washed it! Needless to say, the offending vehicle had made good their escape!

As I said, this is the third time this has happened to me. I was lucky the first time as I witnessed it and the guy admitted it and I claimed from his insurance. A little ding wouldn't bother me, it's when it costs me big bucks to fix it that friggin annoys me

Last edited by theotherphil; 26 February 2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 26 February 2006, 11:16 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

I park across two bays or use Parent/Child (have 2 year old girl) or disabled spaces (up to 10% of car parks are devoted to disabled spaces yet when u get in the shop/supermarket u never see any obviously disabled people!!. A free car and park anywhere!!!)When people start respecting other peoples property I will start respecting parking rules (i.e. never!!!) My last scoob got reversed into in Morrisons and the offender done off leaving my bumper smashed in. And just about every panel got dinged in just over a year. When I got new one I decided on my defensive parking techniques and so far so good. It really annoys me to the point that if I do ever catch anybody dinging my car they will find themselves on the end of my fist. Rant over!!

Last edited by anthscooby01; 26 February 2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 26 February 2006, 11:18 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by theotherphil
Funny, I just picked up my 3rd lot of damage in 2 years today at tescos. Parked as far away as possible in the car park, no other cars about. Came back to find a nice big blue scratch from middle of back door to the back bumper. Accompanying it was a rippled door and a nice dent to the wing both in front and behind the wheel arch. This wasn't there only half an hour previous as I washed it! Needless to say, the offending vehicle had made good their escape!

As I said, this is the third time this has happened to me. I was lucky the first time as I witnessed it and the guy admitted it and I claimed from his insurance. A little ding wouldn't bother me, it's when it costs me big bucks to fix it that friggin annoys me
Middle of the back doorto the back bumper????WTF??? Mate . .This sounds like plain vandalism, rather than a twirp opening the door next to you! V.Sorry to hear yr news .

Perhaps I should start shopping in Waitrose?
Old 26 February 2006, 11:26 PM
RedRexWRX
Scooby Regular

Helpfull
Old 26 February 2006, 11:27 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
I park across two bays or use Parent/Child (have 2 year old girl) or disabled spaces (up to 10% of car parks are devoted to disabled spaces yet when u get in the shop/supermarket u never see any obviously disabled people!!. A free car and park anywhere!!!)When people start respecting other peoples property I will start respecting parking rules (i.e. never!!!) My last scoob got reversed into in Morrisons and the offender done off leaving my bumper smashed in. And just about every panel got dinged in just over a year. When I got new one I decided on my defensive parking techniques and so far so good. It really annoys me to the point that if I do ever catch anybody dinging my car they will find themselves on the end of my fist. Rant over!!
Well done. I'm sure everyone sympathises with your situation as an able-bodied parent with a severe aberration of the social impulse.
Old 26 February 2006, 11:33 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
Middle of the back doorto the back bumper????WTF??? Mate . .This sounds like plain vandalism, rather than a twirp opening the door next to you! V.Sorry to hear yr news .

Perhaps I should start shopping in Waitrose?
Yeah, I thought that! But, I have seen the same thing done to my car before so I know it is possible. When swinging into a parking space, the offending driver (if you can call 'em that) will take the corner of their front bumper down most of the length of the car! Where do these people learn to drive?

Quick Reply: parking in car parks??????