Sponsored by:

Just been fined!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2006, 06:10 PM
scooterboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just been fined!!!!

My wife was driving our Scooby this morning through Crawley town centre. She drove past a silver Evo that was sitting outside some local shops. As soon as we went past him he pulled out behind us trying to entice her to race, which she was having none of. He followed us for a few minutes on the rear bumper, obviously realised that she wasn't going to play so he pulled into some flats and turned around.

Didn't think much of it until she next went out in the car this afternoon and came home with a £30 fine!! She was in left hand lane at a set of lights on A23 with a marked police car 2 lanes over on her right. After she turned left she next noticed the same marked police car driving down the middle of the road overtaking the people behind her obviously trying to get behind her. He followed 1 car behind for about a mile then came out all lights flashing to pull her over. The reason being apparently the letters on the number plate were a few mm to small and not standard size! (which he wouldn't of been able to see from the lane he was sitting in when he decided to follow her!!) The plate is well readable and not doctored in anyway. She did ask him if he'd fined her because she wouldn't play ball with his mate in the Evo earlier in the day. Seems a bit funny we've had the car for over a year and the minute she won't race an unmarked Evo she gets a pull straight after!

I'm well p***ed off. I feel like making an official complaint about enticement but is it worth it. If my plates look so illegal why didn't the Evo cop pull us this morning??
Old 12 February 2006, 06:21 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

i know how it feels - but you sure the evo wasn't just coincidence?
Old 12 February 2006, 06:35 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Are the letters on your plate to small? Did the copper actually measure the size of letters on the plate or was it just a judgement by eye? If the answers to the previous questions are no, get them checked by an MOT station to verify that they are the right size and contest the fine. It's like the question about an exhaust being too loud, specific tests have to be done to measure the db level of an exhaust. with the meter at a set distance from the exhaust and at a pre-determined revs. The police seem to think they are right, if you are able to prove them wrong fight the case as hard as you can. Best of luck and sorry to hear of the misfortune. Steve
Old 12 February 2006, 07:10 PM
scooterboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 360ste
Did the copper actually measure the size of letters on the plate or was it just a judgement by eye? If the answers to the previous questions are no, get them checked by an MOT station to verify that they are the right size and contest the fine.
That's a valid point I never thought of. To be honest I haven't actually measured the letters but the copper didn't either. The car went for it's first (very thorough!) MOT in Decemeber and nothing was said then so I presume they're legal. The thing that annoys me more than anything is that the cop couldn't see the plate from where he was sitting when he decided to follow her so why change direction and follow her for no apparent reason?

Just seems too much of a coincidence that she got a nick within an hour of the Evo episode!
Old 12 February 2006, 08:20 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Are you trying to say the Evo was an unmarked Police car? And twas he same car was there when she was stopped later by a marked car? Or or you being paranoid? If your number plate is legal you can go to court and present your legal number plate to the court and walk away ssott free with your expenses paid. If its not legal then you've been caught...pay up and stop moaning.
Old 12 February 2006, 08:41 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post a piccie of your NumberPlate ..... let the SN Jury decide

pete
Old 12 February 2006, 08:43 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Any words of wisdom pete? Been reading a few posts you have done on other threads.
Old 12 February 2006, 08:45 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

the worst time to be out in your car is on a sunday morning
sorry to hear your news but if the plate is legal then you are ok
as pete says, lets see the evidence

budgie
Old 12 February 2006, 08:55 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

The Evo's allways baiting people to a race, he's done it to me on the M23
Old 12 February 2006, 09:08 PM
TREG
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Anger

Maybe he knows his place is at the rear!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 February 2006, 09:25 PM
scooterboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Are you trying to say the Evo was an unmarked Police car? .
Yeah sorry I should of said, the Evo is an unmarked police car.

And as for pay up & stop moaning, it f**ks me off that the police round here just pick on the motorists. Crawley has a huge gypsy problem and when we had them causing all sorts of trouble round here when they camped up by my house on the local park for 3 weeks the cops were no-where to be seen!

Just seems to me that because the Evo didn't have reason to nick her they had to find another way.

I'll try get pic of plate tomorrow and post it on here.
Old 12 February 2006, 09:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it's bad that they do nowt about the Gypsies ...... I'm sure they would, but they have to allow them to live their way, even if that means thieving and making a **** hole of where they are!!

I am sure the Police would LOVE nothing better than to move on a bunch of Pikeys!! But they can't ......... what they can do is to fine illegal numberplates.

I was stopped in Wales ...... why?? To be asked if my airhorns (hidden behind the front numberplate) were two-tone!!! WTF?? There was probably a sheep getting raped at the time too!!!!

I told the coppa to go to the front and listen very closely, as they aren't actually very loud, the daft Welsh pratt did as well!!! I gave a long blast and he **** himself!! Bloody funny!!

Pete
Old 12 February 2006, 09:52 PM
killa
Scooby Regular

Well if anyone is right behind you and wanting to race then put the window down and
Old 13 February 2006, 09:25 AM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Sad tale..but all too frequent...the police can be crafty sods at times

At least take comfort in the fact that you got nicked before the new laws come in and you got a fine AND points ..
Old 13 February 2006, 09:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Anger
That is hardly responsible behaviour or in line with trying to reduce accidents/speeding now is it.

Sounds like a 'civilian' camera car needs to get footage of this sort of behaviour and give it to the news stations to broadcast.

Poor show!
Old 13 February 2006, 10:00 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

If the evo was an unmarked car and was right behind her why did the evo not pull her over for a defective number plate? he would have been in the ideal place to read it as he was behind her.!!!!!
Old 13 February 2006, 10:01 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by killa
Well if anyone is right behind you and wanting to race then put the window down and
And get fined for flipping the bird to a cop !!
Old 13 February 2006, 10:05 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

If i was being pushed by an unmarked car and i knew about it i would slam on the brakes and let the C*NTsmash into me.......
Old 13 February 2006, 10:07 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
That is hardly responsible behaviour or in line with trying to reduce accidents/speeding now is it.

Sounds like a 'civilian' camera car needs to get footage of this sort of behaviour and give it to the news stations to broadcast.

Poor show!
I agree. If i could film that i would be popping down to BBC! the *******s!
Old 13 February 2006, 10:45 AM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

....Pigs by name Pigs by nature.
Old 13 February 2006, 11:41 AM
Anger
Scooby Regular

He sits in the outside lane at about 65 mph sometimes to, waits for people to come up and flash him out of the way, moves they go past faster to get past him and he pull's them over
Ive seen it happen twice
I only knew it was a police car because i saw it at Bolney last year
Old 13 February 2006, 12:48 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

Silver and grey Police Evo's have been spotted in Sussex, but mainly around Crawley, Horsham, the M23/A23 and the A24.

A few posts on here seem to be indicating the driver(s) like to get up close and personal, or possibly entice. (naughty naughty)

Not seen the Evo myself yet, but my eyes are peeled. Have a look at this post on www.sussexscoobies.co.uk

http://www.sussexscoobies.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=481

J.
Old 13 February 2006, 01:02 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Its got the small back spoiler on it
Old 13 February 2006, 07:01 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

It seems that the there are police in certain areas that specifically try to catch Subaru drivers. I live in Cambridgeshire and the number of times my laser detector has gone off when travelling on or below the speed limit on motorways or sections of dual carridgeway, just makes me mad. *******s!
Old 13 February 2006, 11:53 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Why can't folk who are committing an obvious offence take it on the chin, pay the fine and shut up about it?

Why try and smokescreen the blatant law breaking by wanting to complain complain complain?

Whether the Evo was/was not a police car or was/was not baiting her is all conjecture and not worth discussing.... the fact is that the number plate was deemed illegal and a fine issued. If you think it is legal then have your day in court but ffs, stop bleating about harrassment!
Old 14 February 2006, 01:02 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Manufacturer MITSUBISHI
Model LANCER EVOLUTION VIII GS
Body type 4 DOOR SALOON
Colour SILVER
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 19 July 2004
No of previous owners 1
Last owner change 24 December 2004

an interesting piece of data on that car dont you think, apart from the incorrect model listing, pity it isnt an offence in its self

John
Old 14 February 2006, 01:43 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Get the number plate of the EVO and report it to the police station as driving dangerously and that you fear it may be car-jackers or similar due to their driving behaviour. Report time/date/place also.

I wouldnt mention the plate fine.

Bob
Old 14 February 2006, 01:52 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

yeah, and they'll do sod all i bet. Its not the first ime ive heard of unmarked cars tailgaiting and sitting in the outside lane
Old 14 February 2006, 01:53 PM
ricardo_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

Poor show!
I always carry a disposable camera in my car. Very useful with road rage incidents, idiot drivers and (touch wood) accidents. Might proove useful in this instance?

Does anyone have the Evo's reg plate??? Post it on here if so. Then when you see him out and about, just pull over and wave politely. Lol
Old 14 February 2006, 02:22 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
Get the number plate of the EVO and report it to the police station as driving dangerously and that you fear it may be car-jackers or similar due to their driving behaviour. Report time/date/place also.

I wouldnt mention the plate fine.

Bob
Small problem there Bob, the car has PROVIDA on board and hence everything will be taped...

Pic of the car can be seen here -

http://www.sussex.police.uk/features..._went_away.asp

Quick Reply: Just been fined!!!!