ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wax Wizard

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2000, 07:57 PM
Dave Stephens
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

There seems to be alot of positive comments about the wizard and his products. I've looked at the web-site and I am thinking about investing in a starter kit. However there seem to be some choices. I own a DMB MY00.

Subaru wax or Merlin wax?
Cleanse no.1 or no.2?

What are the differences, advantages / disadvantages?
Comments and advice gratefully received?
Old 08 October 2000, 08:09 PM
rik.c
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Dave, i recently got the merlin starter kit and can not praise it enough, i spoke to Mark Underwood who is the wizzard of wax and he told me the difference's between the merlin wax and the Subaru wax is that the merlin wax is alot easier to use yet you get the same finish, also the cleansers are the lower the number the milder the pre-wax is so because your car is newish and wont have much in the line of scracthes or swirl marks then go for the no.1 cleanser, also the rest of the kit is brill specially the glass cleaner. hope this helps Rik just order it and get waxing you won't be disappointed.
Old 08 October 2000, 09:51 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dave

I have also got a MY00 DBM. I have been using Mark waxes for a few months now. The results are well worth the effort. I bought the startter kit with the Subaru wax, which does give a great finish.

I have also seen Mark use the Merlin wax and it is certainly very easy to apply and the results are very good too. Both waxes are very good - just follow Mark's instructions.

As Rik said, the no.1 cleanse will be fine unless you have deep scratches on the car. Spend time doing the cleanse the first time you apply it, as the wax itself has no cleaning properties and the finish you get is dependant on how clean the car is before you apply the wax. I reckon my car looks better now than when it left the dealer 7 months ago.

Cheers

Chris
Old 08 October 2000, 10:16 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Dave,

On the assumption that you want to try WW products, I suggest you aim any queries you have at Mark himself.

Quite apart from the fact that it's a freephone number, which appeals to cheaps barstewards like me, Mark is one of the most helpful people I've ever dealt with.

All of which reminds me, I've got to speak to him this week about something for my wheels.

Josh
Old 09 October 2000, 12:12 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should speak to the main man, ie Mark, just make sure you've goy 15 mins to spare!
Ron
Old 09 October 2000, 08:56 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Ron....only 15 mins...u got away light! Normaly and hour or so should just pass on only a little of whats I know! Mmmmm..must try harder next time youre on the dog and bone.

WoW
Old 09 October 2000, 09:06 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now call me a spoilsport or whatever, but .... I use triplewax at £2 for 500ml ... it seems to give a great shine and I can afford to wax every 2 weeks - what a deep deep shine!!

I cant imagine paying £60 for some wax however good, I dont want to dent the WW profits in any way, any chance of a sample wax WW??? so you can convince the sceptic?

Pete
Old 10 October 2000, 09:31 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

pslewis

60 quid...actually less than than that with SIDC/Scoobynet discount. However u not only get wax, but u get a wax applicator pad, pre wax cleaner and pad (Cleanse) glass cleaner, wheel cleaner, shampoo, 2 large 100% cotton terry towels, protector for interior/exterior plastics and tyre walls.

The wax will do yer car 40 to 50 times!!! If u wax yer car say every 3 weeks you have enuff cleanse and wax to your car for something in excess of 2 years. The only u need to buy to top up will be shampoo and wheel cleaner.

Our costs are somewhat higher as everything that we make is hand crafted, bottled and poted by hand etc etc. If we had larger sales then maybe prices would come down with the economies of scale.

Our products differ from the run of the mill in that we refrain from using solvents, petroleum distilates, silicones etc etc etc. Our products are so safe that they can be used on fresh paint and do not interfere with the paint curing process. Just look at a famous make that u can get in any high street and their product is so unsafe that u have to leave 2 weeks with fresh paint b4 u can apply the product...why...it contains a high percentgae of distillate and abrasives!!!!

Sample..no BUT if u buy and are not satisfied, return all the goods and tellus why u are disatisfied and I'll happily refund your purchase.

Apart from than that we have introduced a cheaper line for those who having spent 20 grand or more on a car, can now buy products where the most expensive is £8.99 and the vast majority are a tad under a fiver.

And yes we have some bundles and loads of offers and also some winter products as well, some of which will be given away with purchases.

Email for latest list and offers or call us on 0800 074 1608.
Old 10 October 2000, 09:42 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mark,

Could I send the empties in for a refund please?

Josh

PS I'll call you tomorrow to investigate these offers!!!!! (the surname gives it all away)

Josh
Old 10 October 2000, 10:30 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Josh

Youre a tight b*gger. But I'll be glad to refill em for u at a lesser price plus yer discount.
WoW