Sponsored by:

JDM STI?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2006, 10:36 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM STI?

Found this beast on PistonHeads and rather interested - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/62263.htm

Seems like a nice spec car and even had the Bob Rawle "tweak"

I notice it says it’s a 52 plate, I’m probably being stupid but did they make these then or is it the fact that it’s an early 2003 model?

Also what’s this all about - "2 port boost solenoid approx 320 bhp Ecutek license open (exhaust RCM intake plus remap by Bob equals 370bhp 370 lbs feet and Porsche gt3 humbling performance 0-100 in less than 10 seconds !!)"

I had a classic shape STI Type R a few years back which had the Bob Rawle re-map so know what he does but don’t know what this exhaust RCM is all about, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 19 January 2006, 10:44 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

im sure ive seen it 4 sale on hear? may be wrong
Old 19 January 2006, 10:48 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Thats some machine!!!
Old 19 January 2006, 11:14 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Oh right, is it someone's on here then?

My Type R was good fun, now had a Civic Type R for nearly two years but thinking of getting another Scoob and that one rather tickles my taste buds, always a bit wary with buying a JDM tho!?!?
Old 20 January 2006, 12:23 AM
donutman
Scooby Regular

you could have my 04 reg for that money. It has had a remap sports cat and exhaust all by TSL. Insurance is quite cheap (£623) for me. Take one out and you will not want a uk one.
Old 20 January 2006, 02:47 PM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

awesome car

/me wants
Old 20 January 2006, 09:25 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donutman
you could have my 04 reg for that money. It has had a remap sports cat and exhaust all by TSL. Insurance is quite cheap (£623) for me. Take one out and you will not want a uk one.
very ture - i drove a jdm and uk spec of this car - i bought the jdm and have never looked back
Old 22 January 2006, 10:47 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

DonutMan - Do you have any details of your car/pics?

I had a classic Type R a few years back which was bit over a grand for me to insure and I was only 23-24 at the time, im now 27 so will have to get a few insurance quotes!

You probably haven't needed any but do you find it a problem getting parts etc for the JDM cars? Do they have the same panels as the UK cars? I know when I had my Type R it had alloy bonnet etc which would mean should something get bent it would probably take ages to get the proper panels, just wondered if this is the case for the blobeye models these days?
Old 23 January 2006, 12:38 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
Found this beast on PistonHeads and rather interested - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/62263.htm

Seems like a nice spec car and even had the Bob Rawle "tweak"

I notice it says it’s a 52 plate, I’m probably being stupid but did they make these then or is it the fact that it’s an early 2003 model?

Also what’s this all about - "2 port boost solenoid approx 320 bhp Ecutek license open (exhaust RCM intake plus remap by Bob equals 370bhp 370 lbs feet and Porsche gt3 humbling performance 0-100 in less than 10 seconds !!)"

I had a classic shape STI Type R a few years back which had the Bob Rawle re-map so know what he does but don’t know what this exhaust RCM is all about, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
The blobeye shape was first registered on my02's, so yes, this is a genuine example.
2 port boost solenoid is standard, maybe a missprint as bob usually recommends a 3 port for better boost control.
Once you've had a car ecutek'd, the cost of tweaking it is greatly reduced by any mapper, because the car is now licensed to ecutek.
RCM is probably Roger Clark Motorsport, and the intake is probably a induction intake, increasing cold air to the turbo, thereby enabling a higher boost setting, which equals more power. (although the 370/370 sounds a too high for those mods)
Performance is a personal thing, and I wouldn't like to comment on that 0-100 time.
Looks like a minter to me, and not to badly priced for what it is, maybe could come down a bit, but worth going to look at.
Chris.
Old 23 January 2006, 08:42 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
...Porsche gt3 humbling performance...
I think it is a lovely looking car - however I don't think many GT3 owners would be feeling humbled by its performance as they speed off into the distance
Old 23 January 2006, 07:32 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

I wouldn't be too fussed with its 0-100 time, im sure it's fast enough when you want it to be

I think I will contact the guy and see what power it's currently running at as im not too sure by the way he's wrote the description if he has the RCM intake etc or its the case of "if" the RCM intake etc was fitted then it would be running 370Bhp etc, as I would rather the car runs safe as opposed to XXXBhp and risk damaging the engine etc.
Old 23 January 2006, 08:21 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I have definately seen this in the for sale section.

Mac
Old 23 January 2006, 08:41 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Yep so have I, thanks