Sponsored by:

tips and advice for getting into a trackday

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2006, 11:09 AM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips and advice for getting into a trackday

ages ago i bought a solid but old seirra xr4i, stuck in a cage and decided to do some track days. For some reason i lost interest, stuck the car in a garage and forgot about it. Well the new years was here and decided to have a tidy up and hiding at the back of this garage was my 'little' sierra

she started first time (with a new battery) after standing for more then two years and apart from needing to bleed the brakes she's fine (good old ford)

So now i have the itch. I want to get into track drving and i cant afford to smash the impreza (hence the xr4i to cut my teeth on) but i have no idea where to start.

any help?

obviously would like some tuiton but anywhere do RWYB days etc. I live in the south east and my nearest track is Brands

cheers in advance

Auto
Old 13 January 2006, 04:24 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds

SIDC day at Brands 6th Feb?
Old 13 January 2006, 05:01 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by automodellistagt
ages ago i bought a solid but old seirra xr4i, stuck in a cage and decided to do some track days. For some reason i lost interest, stuck the car in a garage and forgot about it. Well the new years was here and decided to have a tidy up and hiding at the back of this garage was my 'little' sierra

she started first time (with a new battery) after standing for more then two years and apart from needing to bleed the brakes she's fine (good old ford)

So now i have the itch. I want to get into track drving and i cant afford to smash the impreza (hence the xr4i to cut my teeth on) but i have no idea where to start.

any help?

obviously would like some tuiton but anywhere do RWYB days etc. I live in the south east and my nearest track is Brands

cheers in advance

Auto
Check out the Driver Training Days run by Stormy and myself via www.track-masters.co.uk (website currently being updated).

These days are run at Bruntingthorpe which is an ideal place to learn the limits of your car in relative safety (much less to hit than on a proper racing circuit).

Or just bite the bullet and join us at Brands on 6th Feb. Buy a membership with SIDC and it'll only cost you £99 or £125 for non-members. (May as well but the membership).

Cheers

Terry
Old 13 January 2006, 05:12 PM
kechup
Scooby Regular

I went to a 1/2 day session at Brands beginning of December - best £90 i've spent on my scoob so far.
Not to much money, not to much fuel used, not to much wear to tyres, brakes etc... for another £20 i had 20 mins with an instructor to show me the ropes and as a complete noob that was perfect