Scoobymag

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2006, 10:43 AM
greatwhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Scoobymag

does anyone know what the latest is with the delivery times of issue 8

I have tried contact form to them ............no reply as yet!!
Old 13 January 2006, 11:42 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

I was told they were due delivery (to them) this week - so shouldn't be much longer.
Old 13 January 2006, 01:13 PM
geeva
Scooby Regular

Angry

yea but they have been sayng that for weeks (or is it months?)

I for one am not renewing my subscription until I see proof they can get issues out more than twice yearly.

at this rate if you committed to 24 issues oil might of run out before issue 24 hits the doormat!

I understand this is a new/start up magazine, but I have had other magazines from issue 1 without all these problems?

any news in issue 8 (whenever is does arrive) will surely be well out of date now.
Old 13 January 2006, 01:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have they ceased trading?

If you haven't had what you contracted for and cannot contact them then it usually means that they have folded!

Pete
Old 13 January 2006, 01:52 PM
geeva
Scooby Regular

don't think they haev ceased trading

they are just really really really really really slow

issue 7 was sooooo long ago it had a report on a the crimean war

and a new car by a mr ford called a model t
Old 13 January 2006, 02:08 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

And didn't the next month page mention fears about Hilter invading Poland and access to the Nurburgring being under threat?
Old 13 January 2006, 05:21 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

I think the last word was it's out in Feb.. they have been really, really busy.....sending me emails about whats coming up in the next issue that is
Old 13 January 2006, 07:36 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

We are still alive and kicking.

We expect all existing orders to arrive on doorsteps around the end of next week.

We have been 'really' busy behind the scenes and are working on some rather interesting articles and projects that the public have never seen before in an effort to move the magazine to the next level. This has made it very difficult for anyone to spend time in the office (during 9.30-5.30 hours) over the past couple of months.

Finally, I can annouce details of the brand new Subaru, soon to be featured in Scooby Magazine* ..........

Jon

*Only kidding

Last edited by highlander68k; 13 January 2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old 13 January 2006, 09:16 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Good to hear you are alive and kicking , so are we to expect a more regular apperance of the mag? As someone who subscribed pre launch to give you support, would be good to know what to expect from you in return..
Old 13 January 2006, 09:41 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrynO
Good to hear you are alive and kicking , so are we to expect a more regular apperance of the mag? As someone who subscribed pre launch to give you support, would be good to know what to expect from you in return..
We have something in mind for a loyalty bonus. All will be revealed in due course

Regular publication is also been something that our re-structuring work has taken seriously. Measures have been taken to ensure that 2006 will not suffer the same problems as we've had in 2005. Older and Wiser, I think is the term that best describes that one.

Last edited by highlander68k; 13 January 2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 13 January 2006, 09:46 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

wow i cant wait to get my hands on a real working subaru 360 with all 15bhp of goodness!!! will they be releasing a PPP?
Old 16 January 2006, 11:40 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

This has made it very difficult for anyone to spend time in the office (during 9.30-5.30 hours) over the past couple of months.
Err, correct me of i am wrong, but how the hell do you make a business out of writing magazines if no one can be arsed to be in the office to write it?
I mean, i am obviously wrong, but you have invented a new machine that writes the mag's for you? so that no one has to be there?
As i have stated in another thread, i paid for a 12 MONTH subscription in October 2004! And if this is how you intend to deliver and provide me that MONTHLY magazine, then i will not renew my subscription. It just is not worth it. You are not providing the service that i have paid for.
I do not consider one mag every 3, 4, or even 5 months to be acceptable at all.
We have only had 7 mag's in over 14 months.
But, like you said, if you are far too busy to be in the office, then hey, what the **** do i know.
Old 16 January 2006, 11:57 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by highlander68k
We have something in mind for a loyalty bonus. All will be revealed in due course

Regular publication is also been something that our re-structuring work has taken seriously. Measures have been taken to ensure that 2006 will not suffer the same problems as we've had in 2005. Older and Wiser, I think is the term that best describes that one.
how about a free car!
Old 16 January 2006, 12:25 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

Ditto the above - paid subscription in October, had 2 Mags !

U guys need to commit to Monthly Issues..........
Old 16 January 2006, 12:33 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
Err, correct me of i am wrong, but how the hell do you make a business out of writing magazines if no one can be arsed to be in the office to write it?
Where did you make the assumption that no-one is writing articles? The projects have required us to do the labour/research during the day (often away from the office) and we complete the writing of articles at other times of the day (often filtering over until the early hours). I'm sure you will find this of many journalists, especially those who work freelance.

MaDaSS - YHPM regarding your other comments.
Old 16 January 2006, 01:27 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

If you intended and advertised the mag to be a Monthly edition from the outset then i can understand why people are a little miffed, could you imagine the abuse the publishers of EVO mag would receive if the magazine was published when ever they felt like or filled it up. Maybe re-launch it and flog it every 2 months.

If people have payed for a twelve month subription expecting a mag every month and only getting 4 in over a twelve month period then i think judging by the comments you have got off lightly .

Not having a pop btw because i'm sure it aint easy doing what you do but to be honest it does not come across as very proffesional.
Old 16 January 2006, 02:58 PM
New_scooby_04

My two cents:

Be patient guys, If you paid for 12 issues, then -no doubt- you'll get 12 issues. Ok, so you may not get em monthly just yet, but I'm sure the regularity will improve with time. I dare say this is a steep learning curve for the small team at the magazine.

In the interim, I'll be enjoying a good quality magazine about scoobies as and when it arrives, be grateful that it exists and be hopeful that the frequency improves.

These negative comments aren't helping matters. One thing is for certain, whilst the team are on here apologising, they're not working on the mag, so lets let em get on with it, eh?

NS04
Old 16 January 2006, 03:00 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
My two cents:

Be patient guys, If you paid for 12 issues, then -no doubt- you'll get 12 issues. Ok, so you may not get em monthly just yet, but I'm sure the regularity will improve with time. I dare say this is a steep learning curve for the small team at the magazine.

In the interim, I'll be enjoying a good quality magazine about scoobies as and when it arrives, be grateful that it exists and be hopeful that the frequency improves.

These negative comments aren't helping matters. One thing is for certain, whilst the team are on here apologising, they're not working on the mag, so lets let em get on with it, eh?

NS04
seems fair to me,when it does arive the writing/pics etc are good quality
martin
Old 16 January 2006, 03:27 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Funny, some of the small owners club mags never had a problem producing and printing a nice glossy full colour monthly magazine, on time, every month with no delays. All with nice write ups, good usage of English, good photography, and highly indepth technical information (such as engine re-building, gearbox repairs etc). Most of which do so, on an amature basis and as a hobby.

So, what is their real excuse?

Last edited by ALi-B; 16 January 2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 16 January 2006, 03:50 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

they are doing their "research" down the pub with our subscription money
Old 16 January 2006, 03:55 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by kingofturds
they are doing their "research" down the pub with our subscription money
Money well spent!

Better than what the government are doing with the money you pay in car tax, fuel duty.....etc....

NS04 *hic* *burp*
Old 16 January 2006, 04:39 PM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

My two cents:

NS04

above gets my vote as well, you can't exactly go and buy one of the other 10 Scooby focused magazines can you?
Old 16 January 2006, 07:46 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

My two cents:

NS04
Yes point taken, but lets not forget that Scoobymag is a commercial enterprise designed to make the owners a profit, it is not some cheap and cheerful publication thrown together by volenteers of an owners club doing us 'a favour'..
Old 16 January 2006, 08:04 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Thanks to everyone who has had some input to this thread. We are confident that all of the negative issues raised in this thread are behind us now. I must also add that no money has been spent on pub-related research.

If there is anything people wish to discuss with us or bring to our attention, please contact us through 'our' web site. All notifications relevant to all subscribers and readers will be placed on our web site and/or emailed to people directly.

We hope you enjoy the forthcoming jam-packed issues of Scooby Magazine.

Jon
Old 16 January 2006, 10:21 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

Looking forward to it Jon - keep up the good work
Old 17 January 2006, 11:15 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

All great comments but can we actually have a date for Issue 8 please? The best form of customer service is information. Maybe put a release date on the forum you sponsor so we know when to expect the next issue?
Old 18 January 2006, 08:11 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

^ Highlander said end of next week last week, so that should be by this weekend then

Wonder if issue 8 will have the results of the 'fuel cat' test started in issue 2 (IIRC) and never heard of since?? be intrested to know the outcome...
Old 18 January 2006, 09:10 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Its got the Essex Scooby Crew Meet in
Old 18 January 2006, 09:14 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

just a few of us.... even mrs spec'c's sport (pre-turbo) in it.....
Old 18 January 2006, 09:29 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Damn white scoobies get everywhere

Quick Reply: Scoobymag