Sponsored by:

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2006, 08:31 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Road Rage

ok first off I put my hands up and admitt I over reacted ish..

Driving home this morning from work, very sleepy look in my mirror to see some **** sitting in my boot.. now I couldnt see his bonnet he was that close, so I pulled over.. sadly on the other side of the road from my house.. as he passes he looks over and obviously I shout what the **** are you doing... as he drives off I stick one finger up at him.. ooops.. He stops.. puts his car into reverse, so I pull up next to him.. two lads.. real head shaven lovelys.. I open my hands and say Why.. well mime the windows shut, then I drive off.. slowly. He obviously pulls behind me, then as the road breaks into two, he pulls along side.. I just ingored him and he starts swerving in front of me.. Foot down (on the brake) and he ***** off onto the motorway down a slip road.... Now I'm thinking.. ****.. what if he notices my car on his way home and stops to .. hurt it??

Am I in the wrong..

If he does I'm gonna be waiting tomorrow morning to follow him to work, then back home to show him how to really damage a car.. although his ****ty Astra is probably worth the same as my Prodrive wing
Old 12 January 2006, 08:35 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you take a note of his registration?
Old 12 January 2006, 08:37 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

No, didnt have time, but his back light was out and surely CCTV on the road could find him. a red astra with one back light between 8am and 8:15am
Old 12 January 2006, 10:25 AM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

I must admit im a bit of a road rager myself but even though i do it i know its pretty stupid. There is allways some nutter out there who would take things a lot further. Its weird how the slightest little incident on the road can make your blood boil when in reality it isnt worth bothering with. Most cases just involve someone cutting you up where you tend to be annoyed just because they have got infront of you and not really because of the safety implications. When people leave it untill the last minute before moving to the inside lane at roadworks on a motorway 9 times out of 10 the reason people are annoyed is purely due to the cheek of the driver for not waiting in turn like everyone else. If however some other driver actually does something that seriously could cause an accident then its only natural to get annoyed with them and you could be excused for doing so. But if we are all honest the way we react i.e finger, wanking gestures or pointing to the kerb as if you want him to pull over for a fight, is a bit ridiculous and a wee bit over the top. The sad truth is even if some poor soul is lost in their car and causing a bit of a nuisance we still loose the rag with them. How would we feel in a strange town or country if because we were hesitent we got the finger and horns blown at us with lots of swearing and gesturing. Something strange definately happens when you get behind the wheel. Most folk, me included, suddenly loose all patience and have no tolerance for other drivers. Best thing is to allways drive with your bird beside you. I get a right earfull when i start road raging so soon stop when shes there.
Old 12 January 2006, 10:31 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

A few years ago i had a bit of road rage with a guy in a Merc, wasn't too polite to him.

Found out a few months later he is the local gangster, who only got out of prison 2-3 years ago after being lock up for the manslaugher of 4 people!!!!

Think he must have been in a good mood that night!!!!
Old 12 January 2006, 10:44 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

makes me feel much better than cheers
Old 12 January 2006, 10:54 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

You can beat the run in period for a seriously humbling 1000miles - all those novas and corsas snapping at your heels - you just have to smile and let em go past...
Old 12 January 2006, 11:04 AM
mal ishus
Scooby Regular

i think ppl tend to react without thinking of the what if's when in the safety of their cars it's sheer gut reaction but it only takes it to be the wrong guy and every thing changes, lots of ppl have payed with their lives and for what
Old 12 January 2006, 11:08 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

I think I would be keeping a careful eye on my car for a little while.........
Old 12 January 2006, 11:13 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

the same thing happened to me a year or so ago with a **** in a white van, i was reversing out of my drive (he was still out of sight at this point) i start to pull away and then this prat comes screaming right up to my bumper and started playing with his pot noodle (horn) as if ive done something wrong....

When we got to a junction he blocked me off and then jumped out of his ****box and started to run over....so i just drove off some idiots out there just go looking for it it seems...

Glad nothing came of yours but i kept a watchful eye on my car for the next few weeks...
Old 12 January 2006, 11:16 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

yeah i work night, from 9 lastest so hopefully he'll give up if he comes round a few nights.. *******
Old 12 January 2006, 11:26 AM
Scrappy9
Scooby Regular

I fully understand how easy it is to become really annoyed with other drivers.

My opinion is you either ignore it or pull over and let them pass.

As soon as you start gesturing you run the risk of someone calling your bluff and wanting to make more of it.
Old 12 January 2006, 11:39 AM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Yeah I agree - best to assume they just made a mistake and weren't deliberately trying to pi55 you off, that way i find its easier to ignore.

There's a world of difference between a close shave and actual car-to-car contact, and most of the former can be chalked up as experience. My view is as long as they didn't put anyone at serious risk then let it be.

The majority of bumper riders just want a closer look at your scoob anyway
Old 12 January 2006, 11:39 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

Problem is with the chasers (I've had a white van chaser as well!) is they are transfering something deeply problematic from their social, marital or emotional life towards you - which means there anger is never going to be directly proportional to the event that triggered their 'rage' - it's actually WAY BIGGER and potentially devastating than that becuase it's bottled up and it's real cause is 'his missus sleeping around' or 'he ain't happy being a man but tranny plumbers are not socially acceptable' etc etc - they could be sitting on ten years of pent up rage and you just happened to pull their trigger and bam!!

Just let em drive away - smile, put on some nice music and have a great day...Seriously!
Old 12 January 2006, 11:49 AM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neilo
the same thing happened to me a year or so ago with a **** in a white van, i was reversing out of my drive (he was still out of sight at this point) i start to pull away and then this prat comes screaming right up to my bumper and started playing with his pot noodle (horn) as if ive done something wrong....

When we got to a junction he blocked me off and then jumped out of his ****box and started to run over....so i just drove off some idiots out there just go looking for it it seems...

Glad nothing came of yours but i kept a watchful eye on my car for the next few weeks...

You may have done something wrong...

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/19.htm#176 Rule 177
Old 12 January 2006, 12:15 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

the van would have been more than about 300 yards away when i pulled out of my drive....he was over the crest of a hill and out of sight...

he was just a crazy man!!!
Old 12 January 2006, 12:20 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Now I'm thinking.. ****.. what if he notices my car on his way home and stops to .. hurt it??
I wouldn't worry too much about your car. If I've read your post correctly, you pulled over to the side of the road 'opposite' your house..? If you'd pulled up onto a driveway then he'd guess you lived there. More than likely he knows you pulled over because you wanted to let him pass... especially if you continued your journey a few seconds after some exchanges of communication. I doubt he'd even have the intellegence to note what Subaru it was and check every vehicle he drove passed on that route. He was probably so high on glue he didn't even know where he was.

Road rage is a funny ol' beast though and there are some more than valid comments already posted in this thread. I'm guilty of having my blood boil when similar acts are done to me... simply because I don't drive around causing danger and possible harm to others so why should it be done to me..?! Fact though, it's not worth rising to it.

My funniest case occurred when I was driving through Windsor once on a summer's day. Stationary behind a car waiting to turn right into a garage, I was wondering why every decent gap in traffic wasn't good enough for him. After about 3 minutes of waiting (and now with a huge queue behind me), as he finally turned in I shouted "oh come on!" which was a bit late really as he'd started to move. He must have heard me because his head popped out the driver's window to see who was being vocal. He clocked me and strongly encouraged that I go and have sex with myself or something so I blew him a kiss. Crikey, I've never seen a fellow male get so wound up and go red quite so much. I simply carried on my merry way.

Jonts.
Old 12 January 2006, 12:30 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flynnstudio
You can't beat the run in period for a seriously humbling 1000miles - all those novas and corsas snapping at your heels - you just have to smile and let em go past...
That is so true !!

Rob
Old 12 January 2006, 12:33 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Next time count to ten m8, do not give anyone the finger unless you :

a ) are double hard

b ) dont mind a kicking

c ) dont like your car

Just chill m8
Old 12 January 2006, 12:34 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C_B_B
You may have done something wrong...

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/19.htm#176 Rule 177
you need to get out a bit more..
Old 12 January 2006, 12:36 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Always carry one of these... you can't get busted for having a torch that is too big.

Old 12 January 2006, 12:41 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GrahamG
Always carry one of these... you can't get busted for having a torch that is too big.

Yeh but if you use it and you go to jail the torch might fit up your a$$ after a while
Old 12 January 2006, 12:45 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GrahamG

http://www.issprops.com/police/images/MagLight.jpg
Or one of these..? Or is the torch too big..?

http://www.tacticalshop.com/graphics...ettaclight.jpg

Jonts.

PS: This reply is entirely in jest. Road rage is a serious matter and I don't condone violence.
Old 12 January 2006, 01:03 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
A few years ago i had a bit of road rage with a guy in a Merc, wasn't too polite to him.

Found out a few months later he is the local gangster, who only got out of prison 2-3 years ago after being lock up for the manslaugher of 4 people!!!!

Think he must have been in a good mood that night!!!!
Gary, did you check your bed for the horses head!?!?!

I usually settle with a few well chosen expletives to myself when someone does something deliberately dangerous. I try not to get too annoyed or "read too much" into people's on-road behaviour though, too easy to make negative inferences and get in a huff when the other person may have just been lost, or had a silly moment, made a genuine mistake, which we all do!

Let face it, scoobies do tend to attract idiots sometimes, so a reality of ownership is that you have to learn to rise above it.

NS04
Old 12 January 2006, 01:05 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonty
PS: This reply is entirely in jest. Road rage is a serious matter and I don't condone violence.
agreed.
Old 12 January 2006, 01:05 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Jonty

. He clocked me and strongly encouraged that I go and have sex with myself or something Jonts.
He may have been offering you a cocktail!!

Ns04
Old 12 January 2006, 01:16 PM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
He may have been offering you a cocktail!!

Ns04
Old 12 January 2006, 02:45 PM
sirscooby
Scooby Regular

Hi,
to be honest whilst I drove anoymous cars I was quite a ratty driver, always got assy with people at the slightest thing. Now I have the scoob they are obviously easily recogniseable so have cooled off incase of repercussions anywhere...

ROB

UNLESS SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING THAT PUTS MY 1 YEAR OLD AT SERIOUS RISK...THEN I HAVE A MOAN AT THEM...

Last edited by sirscooby; 12 January 2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12 January 2006, 03:47 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

I consider every other road user as an incompetent idiot. That way, when someone does something silly I ‘m half expecting it. Quite therapeutic really.
Old 12 January 2006, 04:17 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

I agree with the posts here but I am a total road rage nut.......jumped out the car countless times and had my fair share of it.

I wouldn't worry........they drove off. If they were gonna do something they would have (all mouth etc) they probably told their mates you sh@t it and that'll be their plastic confidence till someone does give them a slap.

Quick Reply: Road Rage