Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back to main dealer................

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2006, 03:06 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Going back to main dealer................

After having brand new clutch/flywheel/release bearing etc etc because of bad clutch judder on an my00.
i still have slight judder going down from 3rd to 2nd when hot or cold and its still juddery when i pull off in 1st, say if you dont rev and just slowly pull away at the lights etc, spoke to the workshop guy explaining above, he was o.k about if the parts are faulty they will replace under the 3 yr warranty, so thats cool but then he started saying he doubts they are and its something else, i dont think,well, know it is anything else as its been thouroughly looked over,so i was wondering if he starts getting funny and saying its only slight judder etc dont worry about it etc etc what i can say back, after paying near £800 i think it should be a new car clutch wise, saying they do judder a bit is no answer for me !!!! ive heard of imprezas with 70k with NO judder at all.

any thoughts if the meeting goes "bad" :-), the missus is taking up there and i am on my mobile for the "diagnoses"

cheers...................
Old 10 January 2006, 04:50 PM
Husaberk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MY00 wagon had a new clutch under warranty at about 30k to stop the 'judder', it's not juddered since and it's got 55k up now. There's no way the job's been done right.
Old 10 January 2006, 06:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My MY00 Juddered in the cold damp mornings and still does a little ....................

Never got any joy under warranty ..... 65,000miles now and it hardly ever judders - then again, I am VERY gentle on my car!

Pete
Old 10 January 2006, 07:10 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

what parts did they replace the first time?
Old 10 January 2006, 07:22 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I've started getting clutch judder on the first gear change from 1st to 2nd in on really cold mornings if I don't slip the clutch a little and add a few revs.

I'm not bothered about it because it only does it under these specific circumstances but if it got worse I'd probably bite the bullet and get a high performance clutch and lightened flywheel to replace it
Old 10 January 2006, 07:24 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

i had a new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/release bearing and had the crankshaft seal done, i paid alot o fwhack on the basis/promise it would be judder free for a long time, pah !!!!

the job has a 3 yr warranty, that was another reason i went main dealer, other warranties only 12 mths,lets hope they are a good outfit,if not, alot of swearing will be done lol !!!
Old 10 January 2006, 07:26 PM
justanotherperson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
My MY00 Juddered in the cold damp mornings and still does a little ....................

Never got any joy under warranty ..... 65,000miles now and it hardly ever judders - then again, I am VERY gentle on my car!

Pete
you need to be, you have cheap ****e oil in it from Halfords
Old 10 January 2006, 08:23 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

According to my dealer Subaru have uprated the clutch components because of the judder issue - IIRC they told me there is a revised flywheel for the classic too.

Worth checking the part nos of the fitted bits to ensure they have fitted the latest.

Guess they would have noticed any contamination on the old components that may cause the clutch to slip ie oils / fluids, and addressed that problem before fitting the new parts???

TT
Old 10 January 2006, 08:30 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Part numbers are

flywheel - S12310AA092
Clutch - S30100AA851
plus all the other bits but i wont woffle on.... are those the uprated parts ??

i should mention its a sport on a my00, i cant afford turbo, but symptons still the same as a turbo, the only thing between a turbo and a sport is the lack of turbo, EVERYTHING else costs the same, servicing, parts, maybe get 8 more mpg, so i should of got the turbo !!!!!!!!! :-0

dont be put off in answering tho, the symptons etc are all the same afterall.

cheers.....
Old 10 January 2006, 09:21 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

My 99 UK Turbowagon, now on 35K miles, doesn't seem to have clutch judder as much as when new. If it does occur after startup it soon goes.
Perhaps give it another couple of months and if still there go back to dealer.
Old 10 January 2006, 09:36 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

well, ive done 500 miles and its EXACTLY the same as it was when i took her home after the "op", so i dont think it will change, could be wrong but going back tomorrow,sooner its sorted the better, if this clutch is misaligned it needs to come out and placed in properly before too much distortion or new clutch will be fitted, dunno......

huf.....