Sponsored by:

Brand new WRX STI (type UK)

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2006, 09:53 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Brand new WRX STI (type UK)

Hello there Scoobynet followers - the great beacon of knowledge, in this land of ignorance . . . . . .But seriously guys . .Need some good advices . . .Friend of mine likes my Scoob so much, (WRX300), that he's now considering getting one for himself . . . . .Saiz he wants one brand new (or newish) and for it to be even more powerful than mine - - by which he means a blob eyed Type UK STi + PPP . .

Needless to say, I have not been following the Newbuild market too closely of late, but how much should he expect to pay, and how should he go about it . . Hmmm . .Perhaps get a second hand STi and add the PPP later . . .

Also , what dealers would you recommend in the Essex area . .

Many thanks in advance . . .
Old 01 January 2006, 10:04 PM
Dave_68
Scooby Regular

I'd say look for one private, perhaps on here for the best price, obviously dealers are gonna be priced higher than private. Still have the warranty of course so no reason to pay the extra from a stealer...

I recently bought mine from an independent dealer (car warehouse type place) and paid 18.5k for a black 05 plate Sti PPP with 8500 miles, which is around what I was seeing private. Simlilar car from a dealer was around 21.5k, whereas 55 plates were upto 24k.
Old 01 January 2006, 10:07 PM
Dave_68
Scooby Regular

I nearly bought a WRX300 too but got jerked around by my dealer so went elsewhere
Old 02 January 2006, 08:09 PM
topjimmy
Scooby Regular

I'm currently waiting for a brand new black 05 STi with PPP to arrive at the dealer (Wilson's in Chadwell Heath) the price was just over £24K, including the free servicing deal as the car was registered last week. This is the second car I've brought from Wilson's and I can't fault their service, my car also goes back for service even though they aren't my closest dealer. Last time I was in there (just before xmas) they had a silver 05 STi in the showroom. Also as far as I know they can only get silver, WR blue or black now.
Old 02 January 2006, 08:16 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by topjimmy
I'm currently waiting for a brand new black 05 STi with PPP to arrive at the dealer (Wilson's in Chadwell Heath) the price was just over £24K, including the free servicing deal as the car was registered last week. This is the second car I've brought from Wilson's and I can't fault their service, my car also goes back for service even though they aren't my closest dealer. Last time I was in there (just before xmas) they had a silver 05 STi in the showroom. Also as far as I know they can only get silver, WR blue or black now.
Thanks for that . .Just out of curiousity, did the dealer throw in anything for free . . .Trackers et.c????
Old 02 January 2006, 08:22 PM
topjimmy
Scooby Regular

Nothing of any real value and I did try pretty hard. Each time I was told "we aren't making much on this"... as if!

As a UK STi it comes with RAC Trackstar plus a years free subs anyway.
Old 02 January 2006, 09:48 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
Hello there Scoobynet followers - the great beacon of knowledge, in this land of ignorance . . . . . .But seriously guys . .Need some good advices . . .Friend of mine likes my Scoob so much, (WRX300), that he's now considering getting one for himself . . . . .Saiz he wants one brand new (or newish) and for it to be even more powerful than mine - - by which he means a blob eyed Type UK STi + PPP . .

Needless to say, I have not been following the Newbuild market too closely of late, but how much should he expect to pay, and how should he go about it . . Hmmm . .Perhaps get a second hand STi and add the PPP later . . .

Also , what dealers would you recommend in the Essex area . .

Many thanks in advance . . .
If you have a look in Classified "Impreza WRX STi Type UK bargain!!". I saw it the other day and it is a steal. PM N19EVO for more info. Good car very good price.