Sponsored by:

TSL333 - decisions, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2006, 12:02 AM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSL333 - decisions, decisions

At the moment we have 2 children which I cannot fault, but due to circumstances beyond our comprehension (I believe a thread in general chat sounds similair to our circumstances) it would appear sprog No 3 will be with us next year . Without going into to much detail both me and my beloved were a little shocked to say the least.

Now we have some difficult decisions to make and it looks like the beloved Triple 333 will have to be replaced with a more sensibe vehicle . Unfortunately we have not had it that long but whilst it has been with us we have lavished it with love and care and I will dearly miss the the performance and handling.

Meanwhile we need to recoup and save some money, monthly nursery bills of £1100 will soon be upon us and whilst I love the scoob I simply cannot justify having thousands of punds tied up, let alone justify the general running costs.

An upgrade to SN plus member and an advert beckon unless somebody has any other suggestions (winning lottery umbers etc).

So onwards to economical, practical motoring good econemy and a distinct lack of power.

Happy New Year everyone.

GB
Old 01 January 2006, 01:50 AM
Woody1
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate dont do it !!!

I am sure you can negotiate 1100 smacaroons !!!

Aren't you the one who offered me some brake discs for my missus Focus ?

Drive the missus car or get the bus. I drive the focus to spread my servicing costs out. The best thing is you appreciate the Sti when you eventually get nit it !!!!!

Live only one and don't regret it second time round. And it will be hereditary so your kids will follow this motto ( dad to 2 month year old chap) !!!!!!

Have a happy new year (ps I am not responsible for my comments as I am fu*kin ratted !!!!!!
Old 01 January 2006, 03:37 PM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Cool CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Originally Posted by gingerboy

At the moment we have 2 children which I cannot fault, but due to circumstances beyond our comprehension (I believe a thread in general chat sounds similair to our circumstances) it would appear sprog No 3 will be with us next year . Without going into to much detail both me and my beloved were a little shocked to say the least.

Now we have some difficult decisions to make and it looks like the beloved Triple 333 will have to be replaced with a more sensibe vehicle . Unfortunately we have not had it that long but whilst it has been with us we have lavished it with love and care and I will dearly miss the the performance and handling.

Meanwhile we need to recoup and save some money, monthly nursery bills of £1100 will soon be upon us and whilst I love the scoob I simply cannot justify having thousands of punds tied up, let alone justify the general running costs.

An upgrade to SN plus member and an advert beckon unless somebody has any other suggestions (winning lottery umbers etc).

So onwards to economical, practical motoring good econemy and a distinct lack of power.

Happy New Year everyone.

GB
Ginger!!!!

Congratulations from Scotland ma man!!! I got maried a year and a half ago, am 30 years old and hopefuly the wife will become pregnant soon (need to cut down booze and give my hand a rest!!!) Touch wood, she will get pregnant soon but my TSL 333 will be staying in my driveway!!! Appreciate what you are saying about cost but my smaller brothers (and my wee sister!!!) simply got hand me downs to no doubt save cost!!! I am sure you can improvise mate!!! All the best for 2006!!!
Old 01 January 2006, 05:46 PM
the trooper
Scooby Regular

sell the children and keep the scoob you know it makes sense
Old 01 January 2006, 05:53 PM
gareth60
Scooby Regular

I decided to upgrade the wife's car to a Renault Scenic, problem solved and I keep the Scoob.
Old 01 January 2006, 09:45 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gareth60
I decided to upgrade the wife's car to a Renault Scenic, problem solved and I keep the Scoob.
lets face it you was never gonna sell up was you,,,, sell the car because you are having another sprog? get real pal, plenty of other options like, bankjobs, 2 jobs or other half dishin out b..jobs.... just havin a laff, all the best mate glad it worked out in the end.
Old 02 January 2006, 12:25 AM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody1
Hi Mate dont do it !!!

I am sure you can negotiate 1100 smacaroons !!!

Aren't you the one who offered me some brake discs for my missus Focus ?

Drive the missus car or get the bus. I drive the focus to spread my servicing costs out. The best thing is you appreciate the Sti when you eventually get nit it !!!!!

Live only one and don't regret it second time round. And it will be hereditary so your kids will follow this motto ( dad to 2 month year old chap) !!!!!!

Have a happy new year (ps I am not responsible for my comments as I am fu*kin ratted !!!!!!
Hi Woody

Thanks for the reply and yes it was me that offered to arrange brakes for your focus.

Believe me I do appreciate the Sti especially after driving the company car i have (new shape passat tdi) which is a great long distance cruiser but ultimately their is no comparisson between the two. The sti is just raw, out and out fun and pure muscle whereas the passat is very civilised and nippy enough.

Maybe a good sit down doing some more sums / maths will help bring a little more clarity, although I know that a few large ones in the bank would not go a miss.

To rub salt in the wounds I took the scoob out for a run today on some of my favourite road in South wales , god I love that car - it's days like today after a good run out that the last thing you want to do is get rid.

Once again thanks and Happy New Year.

GB
Old 02 January 2006, 12:35 AM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StephenPope
Ginger!!!!

Congratulations from Scotland ma man!!! I got maried a year and a half ago, am 30 years old and hopefuly the wife will become pregnant soon (need to cut down booze and give my hand a rest!!!) Touch wood, she will get pregnant soon but my TSL 333 will be staying in my driveway!!! Appreciate what you are saying about cost but my smaller brothers (and my wee sister!!!) simply got hand me downs to no doubt save cost!!! I am sure you can improvise mate!!! All the best for 2006!!!
Well if I do decide to sell any chance of borrowing yours now and again , some chance me thinks!

The hand me downs are no problem our youngest (7 months) is gradually working through her big sisters old wardrobe so thankfully we have saved a fortune on clothes and prams etc. It's just the economics of maternity leave etc.

Anyway - fingers crossed that your good lady catches soon and you will have your own bundle of joy to lull to sleep on late night drives in the scoob , any excuse for a drive!!

Good luck

GB
Old 04 January 2006, 11:39 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

get a second hand zafira for wife and keep 333,you see how much money you will lose from recent 333/new age scooby sales
martin