Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Sporty' (ish) toyoya Starlet!! Up for it!

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2005, 11:08 AM
sirscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Sporty' (ish) toyoya Starlet!! Up for it!

St Austell on Friday night, at some traffic lights on a corner, looked out of his window at my car (bugeye wrx with 1 or 2 mods) and proceeded to try to try to beat me, prat, he had a big exhaust and was revving the bollocks of it, what was he thinking! Needless to say with little effort he was dispatched...

why do people bother?

rob
Old 19 December 2005, 11:27 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

www.scoobykillers.com
Old 19 December 2005, 11:58 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

All the local boy's and girl's around where i live drive these starlet thing's,there must be about 7 or 8 of them all modded with large zaust,rear spoiler,tinted windows etc,around eleven at night you can hear them racing up and down the local slip road for the by-pass,same as matey,if i appear in the sti,I useually get around three of em trying it on,same end result every time,but give em there due's for persistance
Old 19 December 2005, 12:53 PM
scoobyJR
Scooby Regular

My partner has had a few starlet gt's and they are brill little turbo cars, one of which was pushing 200bhp and it flew! UNFORTUNATLY the chavs have taken over them!!Its a real shame, as the starlets are good little cars! The last one he had was pretty much standard and did the quarter mile in 14.4!!!
Shame these chavs are getting every where!
Old 19 December 2005, 01:16 PM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

I think when they do it ,if your car is obviously far faster, is more out of respect than anything else as they just want to see you floor it as they appreciate fast cars. You should be flattered. You must have felt the same when you were younger. If i saw a nice car we would allways shout at the driver to floor it purely because we liked his car and looked forward to owning one ourselves one day. Which I now do so it doesnt bother me too much. Its the middle age men in suits who try and race me in their vectra diesels that makes me laugh.
Old 19 December 2005, 01:19 PM
sirscooby
Scooby Regular

Very true, did not think of it like that, I used to think my dads 2.0 cavalier was quick when I was 18, and indeed did cane it! Hope he enjoyed the rear end of my scoob and the burble as it flew...

nice one
Old 19 December 2005, 01:50 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by sgcooby
I think when they do it ,if your car is obviously far faster, is more out of respect than anything else as they just want to see you floor it as they appreciate fast cars. You should be flattered. You must have felt the same when you were younger. If i saw a nice car we would allways shout at the driver to floor it purely because we liked his car and looked forward to owning one ourselves one day. Which I now do so it doesnt bother me too much. Its the middle age men in suits who try and race me in their vectra diesels that makes me laugh.
I think its also a case of: if they loose they can say, well what did you expect- scoobies are well fast. If they win, it's loads of kudos.

I had a knackered BMW 318i tear (tear being a relative term) past me, engine sounding like it was going to grenade itself any minute, I'm not joking- that car was very poorly!

Well done, I thought, pity I'm in 4th gear at 30 though and minding my own business, also the speed limit was 30....****!! Just let em get on with it to be honest, not worth the optimax or the points should you get caught teaching them a lesson.

NS04
Old 19 December 2005, 02:48 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sgcooby
agree with you there mate
Old 19 December 2005, 04:00 PM
EP82
Scooby Regular

It's also a case of seeing just how much quicker your car is than their little hatchback.

I had a starlet gt hence the name, fitted a trd diff, tein coilovers, rays wheels, etc, etc. Was an excellent little car, wish i hadn't of sold the thing now but **** happens
Old 19 December 2005, 04:12 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
Just went on to have a look and PS Lewis is on there giving some of these so called Scoobykillers a hard time.

Good on ya fella.
Old 19 December 2005, 05:00 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Just went on to have a look and PS Lewis is on there giving some of these so called Scoobykillers a hard time.

Good on ya fella.

Makes a change to hear then ! LOL
Old 19 December 2005, 08:04 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

a LOT of it is down to driver, bet if u had a very experienced driver in a lets saaaaay 170bhp starlet ud have some trouble sheddin him off in a 01 220bhp wrx
Old 19 December 2005, 08:08 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
a LOT of it is down to driver, bet if u had a very experienced driver in a lets saaaaay 170bhp starlet ud have some trouble sheddin him off in a 01 220bhp wrx
MY01 has 215bhp.
Old 19 December 2005, 09:07 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Is it really 'pslewis' (if indeed, pslewis is real in any respect)? The reason that I ask is that he states that he has a green Impreza which has covered 60,000 miles on the original brake pads.......... Doesnt Pete always boast that his car is Deep Blue Mica?

Standard an EP82 has a power density of about 6.16 which is similar to my JDM 'Wagon. I would imagine that with a little work you could have a power density under 5 whichll make it as quick as most Imprezas! The downside is that they weigh f*ck all (800 odd kilos); they feel as though theyre made out of tin foil and traction and handling isnt all that you could wish for.....

Simon