Sponsored by:

03sti alarm buzzer???

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2005, 06:38 PM
sime46
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03sti alarm buzzer???

my o3sti alarm bleeps when armed or disarmed. can anyone tell me the procedure to cancel this out cos its getting on my nerves now. i know if its locked or not with the indicater flashes. many thanks....
Old 18 December 2005, 08:02 PM
Wannabe
Scooby Regular

you should have an alarm broucher in ur leather Subaru wallet mate, tells you step by step on how th change everything using the sigma keypad in ur coin try next to the drivers door.

Sy
Old 19 December 2005, 09:37 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by sime46
my o3sti alarm bleeps when armed or disarmed. can anyone tell me the procedure to cancel this out cos its getting on my nerves now. i know if its locked or not with the indicater flashes. many thanks....
The Sigma M30 alarm system has many more features than you may be aware of. The standard Subaru fitted system has the majority of these features switched off for simplicity and to conform to European legislation - the arm/disarm bleep being one of these. I can only assume that someone has turned these back on in the past.

You can turn the bleeps back off yourself using the keypad mounted in the fuse box cover in the righthand lower dash panel using funtion 6.
The list below shows what else can be done……..

User Features

To access any of the following functions - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:

0 = Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch, without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)

1 = Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)
2 = Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the Radio Key with the ignition on before arming)

3 = Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated simply by arming with the Radio Key).
4 = Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is turned on)
5 = Turn off auto-lock
6 = Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed (Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)
7 = Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed ( Note: This will contravene current legislation)
8 = Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts
9 = Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number, this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.
* = Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected (See above note in 7)

SS
Old 19 December 2005, 09:49 PM
sime46
Scooby Newbie

Cheers mate. Handy list of option that. Tried them a few mins ago and they work a treat. Thanks for takin the time to help me with this. Have a good xmas.
Old 20 December 2005, 01:14 PM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

Hei Sigma, how do I disarm the interior protection ?

We got an interior pre-heater (living near the Artic circle...) and any time it comes on at night, I triggers the alarm.

So now I end up leaving the car unlocked in the garage (garage is locked ) and when we park anywhere else and we plug the car in, we need to unplug the interior heater (which is not a practical way of working)...
Old 20 December 2005, 01:45 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by kwispel
Hei Sigma, how do I disarm the interior protection ?

We got an interior pre-heater (living near the Artic circle...) and any time it comes on at night, I triggers the alarm.

So now I end up leaving the car unlocked in the garage (garage is locked ) and when we park anywhere else and we plug the car in, we need to unplug the interior heater (which is not a practical way of working)...
See feature 2 in my post above.

When you pull up and intend to have the pre-heater running, whilst the ignition is still on, press button 2 on the keypad then turn the ignition off within 5 seconds. The next time you arm the system the ultrasonic sensors will be disabled - this will be confirmed by 8 flashes from the indicators when arming, instead of the usual 4.
Once the system is disarmed, the ultrasonic sensors will operate again as normal unless the above procedure is followed again - this is a Thatcham requirement so that the ultrasonic sensors cannot be left off accidently.

This is also covered in the operating instructions for the system. If you do not have these a link to a copy of these can be found in the following thread:
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...pic.php?t=2476

SS
Old 20 December 2005, 05:16 PM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

Thanks, Sam !
Old 20 December 2005, 08:29 PM
bluepolarbear
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam[B
9[/B] = Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number, this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.
SS
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Just remember that when you get back into the car the alarm will sound so make sure you have your PIN and have practised using the keyboard as it is a PITA